You added Four Points by Sheraton Bellingham Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Bellingham Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Bellingham
Sitka
“Friendly hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I spend 12 nights here a year, usually 3-4 nights a time. The amenities are great. The shuttle is a treat. The front desk always help no matter what time I arrive. The pool, fitness center, restaurant, and lounge and location next to Fred Meyers are all pluses. Good price for what you get.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Caitlin C, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bellingham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Kathleen W,

It is always such a pleasure to have you with is! The Front Desk, as well as all of our other staff, try our hardest to ensure that every guest is well accommodated. It is our main goal to exceed our guest's expectations and I am very happy to hear how happy you are during your times here in the area.

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful comment on your recent visit at the Lakeway Inn. Have a lovely rest of your day!

Ferndale, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We reserved a poolside suite for Sunday February 23rd. We live locally, but I had a gift certificate that I had purchased at a charity auction and it was what my son wanted to do for his birthday. My husband and son went early to swim (before check-in) while I took our daughter to a birthday party. When I arrived at the hotel, my husband had already checked in, BUT apparently there had been some sort of sprinkler malfunction on the first floor and they were remodeling the entire floor, meaning NO poolside suite. So they had given us another room. While I completely understand a sprinkler malfunction is not the hotel's fault, my question was...Since we had reserved a specific room why didn't anyone call us to let us know the room was unavailable??? When I spoke to the front desk, I expressed my displeasure that no one had contacted us so the gentleman at the front desk did give me my gift certificate back and said the room was on the house. While I appreciated that, I still would have preferred notification since this was for my son's birthday and we would have made reservations that suited what he wanted to do at a different hotel.
Once the room issue was somewhat straightened out, we went down to swim. The hot tub was colder than my last bath and the pool was even colder. Silly me, I thought the idea of an indoor pool was that it is warm year-round! I barely lasted 10 minutes in the not-hot tub and proceeded to get out and wrap myself in towels. The courtyard area was also extremely cold. After about 20 minutes my daughter was also too cold and had to get out.
After our sort-of swimming. We went to the room, picked up pizza for the kids and let them get a movie on the TV. My husband and I wanted something better than pizza so we decided to order room service. I got the fish and chips and he ordered the burger. We have eaten at Poppe's (the bar at the hotel) before and it has always been good. However, the room service food was TERRIBLE. I literally had better fish when I got a fish sandwich the last time I took my dad to McDonald's. And the french fries were inedible. My husband's burger was okay, but his fries were terrible too. It was NOT worth $38 that's for sure.
All in all, the room was fine (clean, comfortable beds, acceptable bathroom), but the fact that they didn't notify us the specific room we reserved was not available, the pool and courtyard were freezing and the terrible food, we certainly would make different hotel plans for another special occasion.

Room Tip: If you want a quite room, request something away from the courtyard which is open to the pool.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank jjh_78
Caitlin C, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bellingham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
jjh_78,

The Lakeway Inn team would like to express our most sincere apologies for not having a poolside suite available for your son's Birthday celebration. The entire staff aim to ensure that our guests enjoy their time with us and I am very sorry to hear how disappointing your time here was.

I assure you that your experience was very uncharacteristic of our property and in offering your recent stay to be on us, I certainly hope that you will consider another visit. Please feel free to reach out to our reservation staff directly and we will be sure to take care of all your needs during your time with us.

It is the BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn's goal to exceed every guest's expectations. Please be assured that your comments will be brought to all of our staffs attention to ensure anything similar does not happen again.

Thank you for sharing your review of your stay with us in order to help in knowing what we did well, and what can be improved. We hope to have you with us again to give our hotel a chance to exceed expectations.

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We booked a vacation to see a concert at the local theatre in Bellingham. Two days before the concert date we were told our tickets were cancelled and the concert was SOLD OUT. We were devastated.

Decided to just stay at the hotel for a nice weekend getaway and enjoy the scenery. When we explained to the hotel staff what had happened to our prepaid tickets they managed to find us two complimentary tickets!! The staff went out of their way to enable us to see an amazing show!!

The room was clean, all the comforts were there. Restaurant food was delicious. ALL the staff were soo professional. We will certainly stay at the Lakeway Inn again and tell all our Canadian friends about the amazing service we received!!! Thanks again Caitlin and all the staff!

Lori & Ron
Sidney, BC.

Room Tip: They are upgrading the main floor rooms so pick the third floor to avoid construction.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lori S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review of your time at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn. It is always our pleasure to help in making our guest's stay everything that they had hoped it would be. That includes assisting our guests in whatever way possible.

All of our staff work very hard to exceed every guest's expectations and it sounds like we were able to do so during your stay. Please be assured that all staff will be congratulated on a job well done during your time with us.

Thank you and have a lovely rest of your day!

portland, or
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

As a Western parent the proximity to the school can't be beat. It's about five minutes from campus, and easy to get to and from. The desk clerk that checked me in was very friendly, it was a quick and painless process. The room on the second floor was located within easy walking distance from the lobby, connected by a walkway over the atrium where the pool was located. The room itself was standard hotel fare, but the pillowcases and carpet were worn and ready for replacement. The room was clean and well kept, what you'd expect for a Best Western Plus. I placed the breakfast order tag on my room door and was disappointed to find that it had not been picked up in the morning. I had a meeting to go to and ended up eating at Oboe in the lobby which was quite good. It just put me a little tight on time since I had planned to eat while getting ready in my room.

All in all a fine experience, I had just hoped for a little bit more for the price I paid.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Caitlin C, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bellingham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
didntwinthelotto,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your time with us at the Lakeway Inn. Your comments are much appreciated and I am so happy to hear how convenient and friendly you found your stay and our staff. That is certainly the goals that we set for ourselves here.

I am, however, very sorry to hear about your breakfast orders not being picked up for room service in the morning. Please be assured that we will be taking the appropriate steps to ensure that similar circumstances do not happen again.

Thank you again and we hope to have you with us again soon!

Tacoma, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Staff are gracious and welcoming; room accommodations are clean; convenient to Western Washington University and downtown; restaurant and bar hours are convenient and accommodating; service levels high

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Joenne M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of your time with us. We are all so happy to hear about how much you enjoyed your stay and how convenient your time with us was.

Our staff work very hard to accommodate and ensure that your stay is exactly what you need. It's wonderful to hear how happy you were wit our staff and hope that we were able to help you with whatever needs you had during your visit.

Please feel free to reach out any time with any questions or possible reservations in the future. Thank you and have a lovely rest of your day!

British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

This was the third hotel for me in three days. The first not all that comfortable, the second fairly comfortable and third (this one) very comfortable. We booked this hotel for the pool as our daughter loves to swim. At first I was a little disappointed the pool was busy and noisy when we planned to go swimming as there was a birthday party going on. I'm not really sure what that was about as I found it odd to be having a kids party there. It ended up not being a big deal but our room did face the atrium where the pool is located and the noise carried into our room. Thankfully the pool is closed at 10pm and the noise was completely gone shortly after the closure. The location of this hotel is good but not really any restaurants other than the hotel in the immediate area. The rooms here are pretty standard but the beds are a huge plus and for that alone I would consider staying here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Caitlin C, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bellingham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Caro281,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful review of your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that your stay was so comfortable for you!

We strive to provide amenities and services that make our guests comfortable and more at home. It is wonderful to feel that we were able to hit our mark during your time here. We certainly do hope that you consider staying here again during your next visit to the area. We are looking forward to your reservations already!

Have a lovely day,

Seattle, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

The stay is very comfortable. Our family stayed one night to visit a friend nearby during weekend. The staff were very friendly. The room is clean. The bed is very comfortable. My son spent lots of time surfing internet after dinner. He was very happy with internet speed. One thing missing is no breakfast buffet. It would save us lots of time in the morning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Li S
Caitlin C, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bellingham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Li S,

It is so wonderful to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your time at our hotel during your visit. Our staff believe that ensuring our guest's comfort and satisfaction is very important. It makes us all very happy to hear how much you all enjoyed yourselves.

I am sorry, however, to hear that our full breakfast was not a time saver for you. Offering a full menu breakfast is often a preference to many of our guests but I can understand the convenience of a quick breakfast. Your comments are much appreciated and hopefully during your next visit you will find the time to enjoy our breakfast options at the Oboe Cafe.

Thank you and have a lovely rest of your day!