“Very Good” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Bellingham, Washington
“Very Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I was tempted to complain about the price, then realized it was an unfortunate comment on our culture of thrift. If one wants cheap, one cannot expect exceptional quality. They are naturally at odds. This is no exception. Wonderful food at prices worthy of the quality.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Seattle
“Old World Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This place is to die for. They have everything a foodie and wine nut could ask for.

Visited April 2012
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

I had an hour for lunch before I had to be back at a class I was taking so I stopped in got a sandwich and a cup of soup! Delicious! I would definetly recommend this place!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kalispell, Montana
“Pricey, but definitely worth it! Unmatched quality.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I still bristle a little when I look at the prices on the chalkboard menu here, but I soon forget about it with the first bite of my sandwich. Locally made bread that has a great "chew" and flavor paired with top-quality meats an house-made mustard and you'll go right into your boss and ask for a raise so you can afford to go back more often. The meat and cheese plates are soooo great and a meal in themselves.

Visited March 2012
Bellingham, Washington
“Too Expensive? No way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

High quality meats from the best sources that you can't buy yourself at Haggens, say, artisan bakery breads, house-made condiments...these things add to the cost of a sandwich. I for one am happy to pay for this kind of quality, and I have to say those who complain do so without understanding the quality of what they ate. Or to put it another way, your sammie at Old World will run you twice the price of an industrial sandwich at Subway, but it will be at least three times the quality. I don't call that expensive, I call it value! It's our favorite lunch spot in Bellingham and we're so grateful to Chris and his wife for having the vision to open a place like this. And the fact that you can choose a great Rhone wine to go with your Reuben? Heart be still.

• Visited February 2012