“Great Halibut” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Great Halibut”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Some of the best fish and chips of the trip.
I never miss and Ivar's when I visit Washington.
The food is always good.

Visited May 2013

Bellingham, Washington
“so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Ivar's is always busy at Bellis Fair, so I finally gave in and stopped by for lunch. The white clam chowder is pretty good. I enjoyed it very much. However, the fish n chips I ordered weren't as pleasant. The fish was dry, and it had that frozen seafood taste to it. The fries were ok, but I asked for crispy fries and they fell short. I would still drop by for some soup, but for anything else, I'd go elsewhere.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Red Deer, Canada
“Good for in a mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

You know, I haven't seen many seafood places in malls so I decided to give this place a try. I had the Alaska Paddock and it was pretty good. It tasted the same as what I was expecting. I don't see why people are complaining about this place, but yet again, this was my first time eating at Ivar's. I enjoyed my experience, but one minor thing that I would say they could improve on is faster service and bigger plates.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nanaimo
“A real let down.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

After a day of touring and shopping, my wife and I figured that we'd have a nice seafood feast. Wrong place to do this at!! Prices were average, but portions were minuscule! Felt like we were really putting out our server, which was quite insulting.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Well, they have Ivar's clam chowder which is fabulous. Otherwise, they are expensive, overly priced for what you are...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2008

Well, they have Ivar's clam chowder which is fabulous. Otherwise, they are expensive, overly priced for what you are getting. The food, other than the chowder, is not great.