“Very disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #273 of 389 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012 via mobile

I went for my tea with my grandparents today too see what the food would be like along with the atmosphere. My first thought towards the menu was not a lot of choice compared to some pubs, and as it has recently been opened and refurbished I had high expectations to say the least. The waiters and waitresses seemed helpful, although the diner was very quiet. I ordered an prawn dish exceeding £5 for my starter, and it came with only 4 king prawns in the shell. The prawns were very undercooked and almost like a jelly in parts, and the paprika sauce had barely any taste which I was very disappointed in. For my main course I ordered Chicken Balmoral, as the waitress came she didn't even know what the dish was unroll the arrival of the other main dishes. As I was tasting the dish the vegetables were extremely undercooked and the haggis which was inside the chicken was not as I would have expected. Also as I am a fan of chips I asked for them instead of the potatoes offered and they were discusting, almost like they were left under a Warmer until people asked for them. I also have to comment on the size of the courses all round which were very small for the prices asked such as £12.50 for the Balmoral Chicken. Also the drinks were mixed up and I ended up with a pint of fosters instead of the Stella I asked for. And in conclusion the meal was very disappointing and I shall not be returning !!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere