“tax exemption?” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #226 of 393 Restaurants in Bellingham
Bellingham, Washington
“tax exemption?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Had always wanted to try this place. Was seated by window full of dead flies (between the panes, so no way to clean it). None of the other booths had this feature and the place was empty, so no idea why we were seated here. Yep, should have complained right away but just went with it. Food seemed to come from a package and microwaved on the spot. Pricey to boot. The elderly gentleman who waited on us was nice enough but I wondered if this place wasn't some sort of tax write-off.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Sedro Woolley, Washington
“what can I say”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have no idea how this place stays in business always empty the food is at best average.
a bit expensive too

A friend of mine wanted to try it out so since he was paying.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I have been curious about this place since I can remember, so the other day I got hungry and stopped for dinner...being unable to think of an alternate place to go, I made decision to eat there in .5 of a second....I open the door and.......no one!....tip..toe....I round the corner and an aged man with suspenders greets me, (thought I discerned an irish accent but was later told he's of Iranian descent). It was like stepping into 1940's great britain, unpretentious service, no superficial hypocritical facade, this old man is what he is....I decide I'm getting steak and prawns...food was hearthy and remarkably good. Go there for the old fashioned time warp experience, if you get stuck in the 60's on the way back tell my parents hi from me. ;).

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Horrid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I am soo surprised by the positive reviews.
My sister and I wanted to have diner some place new.

Big mistake. When we arrived, I thought the place was closed. NO ONE was there. After we were seated I ordered a side salad and my sister ordered the onion soup to start.

The salad was from a bagged mix and the soup was revoltingly oily. We could hear the waiter pop the top to a can of soda before delivering our drinks to the table. It wasn't bad enough that it came from a can, but it was a generic off brand soda. NOT Pepsi like was listed on the menu

I ordered a seafood platter as my main dish. It too was revoltingly oily and quite cold.
The customer service was non existent. No one came to check on us, or ask us about our meal.

We will NEVER return. I enjoyed no part of this meal.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington, United States
“I live here in town and would never go back to this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I am not sure if the other reviewers here were in a different dimension or time warp? But the night that my husband and I decided to go and eat at Sadighi's restaurant it was a much different experience.

We arrived around 7:30 pm. Walked in and thought that we had caught them as they were closing. Half the lights were shut off in the place. There were no other diners. Not one. A very old man seated us and was very, almost hostile, is the best way I can describe it. We ordered two apps and then sat there for, I am not kidding, 35 mins. When we finally got them, One was vegetables in Parmesan and the other was garlic bread, The vegetables were the same that you would get out of green giant steamer's bag. The bread was not much better. We sat there in a silent dark restaurant, eating our frozen veggies wondering if he was going to come back and refill our drinks. Feeling uncomfortable in talking since it wouldn't have seemed like a very private conversation. We paid for the apps, which were grossly over-priced and got out of there as quick as we could.

I will put it this way, as anyone that you meet that lives in Bellingham and they all know this place, but no one knows why or how it stays in business.

• Visited March 2012