“Good food, good service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #98 of 389 Restaurants in Bellingham
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Bellingham, Washington
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Went there yesterday because on Tuesday the soup special is pea soup and it is so delicious! We also had the pita bread with tzaziki, that was so good we ended up ordering another plate. Service was excellent, we never ran out of water or iced tea. The decor is a bit outdated but I was there for the food, not the decor. I will definitely be going back.

69% Recommend
Whatcom
“Greek gone BAD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Disgusting and extremely dirty inside. Watched waitress take "lightly used" water glass from a table and top it off and hand it to a NEW guest like a fresh glass!!!! EW

Visited November 2011
Drummondville, Canada
“Good service, nice food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We were on our way to Vancouver when we stop there. The restaurant look is a bit so so, but the service was amazing. The restaurant is family owned and it shows that they are proud and happy to serve you. The food was ok. We took the chicken that was super good, though the rice was poor (sticky). I also took the Spanakopita who were good. The soup, Avgolemono was great too. Great place!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“This place is soooo terrible. Are the owners spamming their reviews?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I've lived in bham for five years now, and I saw this place hundreds of times before I tried it. One day I craved a gyro, and Google recommended five columns. I called the restaurant and ordered a gyro and hummus appetizer.
I'm used to a gyro costing less than $9, and pita/hummus $6 at the most. I was prepared to spent $18 with a tip for the server. All I can say is WOW. My order cost $26.57 with NO TIP!!!! And it was take out! The price was so high, it inspired me to write an online review to warn everyone.
I couldn't believe it, I got about 8 pieces of pita and a tiny container of hummus. Instead of generously filling up the bottom of the gyro with meat, there were three spongy strips lining the bottom of the (semi-soggy) pita. The sauce was pathetically under seasoned, and my gyro was doused in tomatoes even though I asked for no tomatoes in my order.
Also, when I arrived to pick up my order, I waited awkwardly for about 5 minutes until a women who didn't speak English addressed me. After a lot of gesturing, she understood I was there for take out. I tried smiling at other servers to get their attention or prompt them to ask me how I was doing but they blatantly ignored me.
Don't go here unless you like being ripped off and under appreciated. The best thing about this place is the ficus living in the middle of the restaurant. Otherwise the whole place is seriously lifeless.
My advice to the owners: improve customer service among staff, lower price point, and make your restaurant WAY more inviting to customer. I'd give this place a 1 out of 10, because at least I had something to eat (for almost 1/2 of my weeks food budget). Pathetic.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“Amazingly good food despite the strange location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012 via mobile

The food was sooooo good. We shared everything (5 of us) and everyone had just amazing dishes. Service read wonderful as . We will definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere