“Cheap breakfast, but definitely not Hawaiian...” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #229 of 384 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Barbecue
White Rock, Canada
“Cheap breakfast, but definitely not Hawaiian...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I were driving around Bellingham, trying to find our way back to the I5...
We were hungry... It was 11 a.m. and we were looking for some nosh... Anyway, I was intrigued by the thought of having some loco moco (a Hawaiian specialty) since this restaurant was advertising a $2.99 dollar breakfast special. Anyway, this is not a Hawaiian restaurant, it's a Cantonese restaurant masquerading in Hawaiian drag. I would be surprised if any of the staff or management has ever been to Hawaii.
I got the two eggs, with spam (the only Hawaiian aspect of the breakfast) with vegetable fried rice. My wife got the same with ham instead of spam. The ham was inedible. It tasted like the pig had died of natural causes... it was frankly inedible. The vegetable fried rice was the best part of the breakfast. Breakfast for both of us came to $6.50 + tip.
Would I go out of my way to go to this place again?

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Good food worth for your money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Tasty Food..Worth for your money. Mushroom chicken is awesome. Nice Spacious. Near to Bellingham City. Far better the hotel I had it Belligham

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington, United States
“Skimpy Meat”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We used to eat here regularly. The last few times the chicken was cut into stringy, soggy pieces. Nothing seemed as good as it once was.

Visited October 2012
Bellingham, Washington
“great awesome yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

good food nice service and if you come alittle bit before they going to close sometimes they give you extra food. love thiss place

• Visited July 2011