“Fun local burger place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 384 restaurants in Bellingham
Blaine, Washington
“Fun local burger place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit to Fiamma Burger even though it is right downtown Bellingham. Tom had the pulled pork sandwich (they always get his attention) and said it was exceptional. I had the mini burger to avoid overindulging, which was pretty basic. There was an option for burger-add-ons but I just took it as it came but without onion. The area is a busy and full of downtown character. Most of the seating in the restaurant is cafeteria-style, as is the ordering process. This is the kind of place to go if you like a fun atomsphere.

Visited July 2013

63% Recommend
Currumbin, Australia
“Good for a quick bite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was impressed by the range of flavours and ingredient combinations that where available.

Not a huge fan of the cafeteria style seating, but did like the over all style and layout of the space.

Burgers were actually very tasty, and I didn't think they were over priced (compared to Oz). Fun takes on the flavours in the chips as well were well enjoyed by our party, and we were over all impressed.

If your looking for a place to sit down and have a long lunch, this isn't the place- but if you're looking for a quick good burger that isn't McDonalds, then head on over to this joint, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“Great burger joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This place is right downtown, in an area surrounded by plenty of other restaurants - including Mallard Ice Cream!! Based on the menu posted outside and the favorable reviews, we thought we'd give Fiamma a try.

It's a self-serve place where you order at the counter and then find a seat and they bring your burger to you. It was a hot day, and they had the big windows open so you could sit at a counter and feel like you were outside.

So many choices, and you can customize the burgers any way you want with lots of different toppings - some what you would expect, and others quite unusual. You can order the burgers with any kind of meat you want - beef, chicken sausage, turkey, chicken breast, salmon, bison, lamb, vegetarian, etc.

Both my wife and my daughter had the mushroom cheeseburger, which they loved. My daughter said the vegetarian patty was the best she'd ever had. I had the lamb burger, and although I was quite pleased with it, some of the toppings were not quite to my taste. If I could go again, I would have still gone with the lamb, which was delicious, but picked my own toppings, rather than the more adventuresome choices that came standard.

Great food, good prices, lots of choices. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2013
Bellingham, Washington, United States
“Yummy but overpriced.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I wish they didn't charge so much for a small burger and fries. But by God, I still come here all the time because you can't get this food anywhere else!

The burgers are the freshest-tasting anywhere in town. The fresh baked burger buns are what do it for me. And the sweet potato fries with curry mayo--you haven't lived until you've tried them. Still, the service can be rather unfriendly, and like I said, it costs a bit too much for this college student.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Vancouver
“Should they stick to pizza?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We LOVE their pizza place and hoped for a burger experience of the same quality.

The burgers are acceptable - nothing special. It's cafeteria-style eating at table-service prices. It felt like an upmarket McDonald's. On top of that, the people behind the counter were neither friendly nor helpful.

• Visited March 2013