“Worst Indian food I've had” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Mission, Bc
“Worst Indian food I've had”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I should have checked trip advisor first, but this place was the closest to where we were. We went for lunch and decided on the buffet with an order of vegetable pakora. There weren't a lot of options and the food was luke warm. There were only two naan pieces left. The rice was so-so, but there were some pieces that were dried out. The mixed vegetables were ok and the dhal and spinach / chana masala dish were so-so. I waited for 5-10 minutes for some more naan to come out, and when it did it was like they opened a bag from the day old section at the grocery store and dumped it into the container. It was cold, doughy, and had no flavour, and there was only 5 or 6 1/4 pieces and 5 people waiting for it. The pakora was barely warm, even though we ordered it fresh and had no flavour. Service was mediocre, and when the waiter asked how the food was I said I've had a lot better and he just smiled and said yeah I know...
I will stick to the places that I know, or places that have more good reviews than bad.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Rome, Italy
“Bland, boring, no color, not fresh...save your money and seek elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

While I've been to northern India as a volunteer, I am no expert on Indian food. However, I have eaten at dozens of Indian establishments in the U.S. and this is probably one of the worst places, if not THE worst. The food has no color, no flavor. Bland. The buffet was approximately 5-6 items which 2-3 of the items were variations of the same thing (watery lentils, watery lentil soup-like curry, watery soupy lentils and potatoes etc..). Save your money, better off eating tacos, or anything else.
The owner was not friendly and seemed completely jaded about customers as if they were just walking pocket books (note the restaurant was empty, and now I know why).
Avoid this place if you want anything fresh, colorful or anything flavorful...

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bremerton, Washington
“Tasty Indian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We were surprised to find the India Grill at the food court of the Bellis Fair mall. There seemed to be a fair amount of vegetarian and non-veg choices. We ate during the opera movie intermission.
Although a typical lunchtime Indian buffet might have more choices, this meal was completely satisfactory. Portions were large enough that we couldn't finish everything. Then just this week we found the India Grill at the local Fairhaven Farner's Market. It looked great, too. I've been to India six times and love Indian Vegetarian food.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I love Indian food and have heard mixed reviews about this place so I decided to try it. I ordered the mixed grill with rice. All of the meat tasted exactly the same and it was a very weird texture, like it had been cooked for way to long or it was old. 2 types of chicken, a shrimp and lamb were included and they all tasted like very gamey lamb. I only had 1 or 2 bites of each and I could not eat anymore. Even the rice was bad. I don't know how you mess up rice, but it had the weirdest taste and I could not eat that either. The only thing that was somewhat decent were the samosas, but at best, they were "ok." I have had MUCH better samosas elsewhere.
The restaurant itself is also disgusting. It's old and run down and does not look clean. I will not be going here again and I do not recommend you do either!

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
bellingham
“nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

This place is filthy, and I would be hesitant to describe what goes on behind the scenes. NO Thanks, and I have been to India so I know what I'm talking about.

Visited March 2012