“Large Group Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 389 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Welcome to our Greek kitchen where we set the standard for Greek food in the northwest. Delicious seasoned and grilled souvlakis, gyros, fresh made mousaka, domathes and spanakopitas just to name a few. Sample light fare and a cold drink in our cozy lounge and listen to live jazz every Thursday night.Come to the healthier side of dining out and enjoy the delicious "Mediterranean Diet" the world's healthiest.
Salem
“Large Group Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I needed a restaurant in Bellingham that could accomodate my group of 25 people. After calling around, Cafe Akroteri was able to fit our group in. I spoke with the manager who was very nice and worked with my budget to come up with a customized menu of about six to eight items. He put a lot of thought in helping me plan the items since I didn't want anything to crazy on the menu. Everyone in our group was happy with the selections which is always a huge relief for me, the event planner. I had the lamb gyro with potatoes and thought it was great. From the time I called the service was great and even during our meal, the service was great. I recommend this place if you're looking for a nice group dinner venue who will work with you!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bellingham, Washington
“Good Greek food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a local Greek restaurant downtown Bellingham which has an extensive menu offering. People with dietary restrictions can talk with the waitstaff to work out an acceptable meal. I've always had good dinners here.

Visited February 2012
Port Moody
“Tired decor and service is slooooow!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Recently met up with a friend for supper here. I thought the inside needs a major cleaning. Tired looking and a little dingy. Patio outside looked nice but we sat inside.
We got seated quick enough but it went downhill from there. Menu choices were quite varied and food was certainly adequate in sigh portions and very tasty. Prices were average. Not the best Greek I have ever had but certainly not bad by any means. Too bad the waitress was so slow and not the most knowledgeable.
Parking was ok at the side of the building but was full by the time we left - I would think it fills up quickly.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“Disappointed, they've changed some recipes including potatoes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I used to crave Cafe Akroteri. Their potatoes with a delicious lemony slightly tomatoey sauce were to die for! Tender and so flavorful. Their Athenian Steak was delicious, tender with a great lemony sauce on top.

Unfortunately, they have changed the potatoes, now they have a comparatively tasteless garlic lemon sauce, which is barely present - mostly, they're just dry around the edges and a chore to eat. I'm so unhappy! Luckily I found a recipe online so I can make potatoes that are similar to what they used to make. The steak doesn't have the wonderful sauce any more, and their ribs have more sauce than they used to, a strange lemony sauce that doesn't do much for the ribs. It seems that they have changed a lot of their recipes. The prices are higher too.

Their greek salad is wonderful, and I will continue to get it there, maybe to go. This used to be one of my favorite restaurants, but don't think there's any reason to eat there anymore, unfortunately.

The service is always good. The bathrooms are not kept up and sometimes quite dirty. I hope the kitchen is cleaner!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pacific Northwest
“Best egg lemon soup I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The egg lemon soup is made from a heavenly chicken stock plus lots of other delicious ingredients. The salad dressing is garlicky, flavorful, and excellent. The retsina is mild and goes well with the food there. The dolmades, both vegetarian and beef, are full of flavor. The vegetarian ones have lots of pine nuts. My friends and I usually have a lot of appetizers and share. You can't go wrong. Everything is tasty. Service is excellent.

Visited September 2012