“Best Italian in Bellingham” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Bellingham
“Best Italian in Bellingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant in Bellingham and the best Italian restaurant. Their salad and bread to start are delicious and I haven't had a bad meal, ever! Their food is all fresh and made at the restaurant (unlike some other "Italian" restaurants...). It gets pretty busy on the weekends but it's worth the wait! It's slightly on the spendy side but it's an excellent value.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Utah
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I hate when I look for restaurants on trip advisor and Olive Garden or Starbucks are in the top ten. It makes no sense to me because I'm looking for local places not chains. D'anna's is just what I was looking for, a local place with wonderful food. I got the Chicken D'anna with the cream sauce and it was AWESOME :-) A little pricey but for a couple bucks extra it was totally worth it, 10 x better than Olive Garden

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

So after a long day driving and taking the ferry, we were looking for a place off the freeway to have a nice dinner. This popped up on our phone.

Walked in and it was sparse - but then we realized it was 4pm. Not exactly hopping at that hour. Spouse got the lasagna, I got the chicken piccata and my daughter got the fettuccine, The lasagna was HUGE - would have been enough for two people. I liked my chicken and the side pasta dish and my kid inhaled her pasta. Really liked the 'pizza-type bread' the gave you with salad and with entree.

By the time we left at 5:15, it was packed. Some of the dishes really looked good - it'll be a standard place to hit on the way back from BC from now on. :)

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Lahaina, Hawaii
“Fresh and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Had a great meal here while visiting my daughter in Bellingham. It smelled amazing from the second we walked in the door. Every dish at our table was delicious and was served with a big salad and fresh baked bread. I had the canaloni special which was outstanding. The service was very good as well. The only thing that would have been an improvement was a candle and maybe a tablecloth on the tables for ambiance.

Bellingham, Washington
“strictly average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was our first return to D'annas after two bad experiences in years past but seeing all the positive reviews made us want to try it again. Service was fine but it took almost a half hour to get our entrees and it was not a busy night by any standard. They start you out with a small plate of lettuce swimming in oil and vinegar and their house focaccia bread. I ordered the chicken parmesan and when you order that at Mambo or Guiseppes you get two chicken breasts with a small side of pasta, here you get one breast with a large side of pasta along with another slice of bread. My wife ordered the pasta primavera and it was mostly just pasta with a couple veggie pieces thrown in and very heavy on the garlic.
We'll probably just stick with Mambo or Guiseppes in the future.

• 3 of 5 stars Food