“Great service - food varied” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Big Fat Fish Co.

The Big Fat Fish Co.
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
WA
“Great service - food varied”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Went here for a very late lunch so had the place pretty much to ourselves. Very attentive service. Wing appetizers were great, came out hot and and very meaty. Steak sandwich tasted good, but hard to eat. The disappointing part of the meal was the hummus plate. The hummus was bland and grainy, the pita chips were hard as rocks, and the only extras were some celery and carrots. Most of these plates have some olives, or cucumbers or feta cheese along side the hummus. If not for this appetizer I would have given it 4 stars. Might return for one more chance. Lunch prices were ok.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

42% Recommend
Washington State
“Cant understand why some people rave about this place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Ive been there twice and wont return. Overpriced and the food was not that good. I find it amazing that this place is still in business. Dont bother going here.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
washington state
“high price for average meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had a lemon drop martini, the Argentine Sirloin Chimichurri, and a limoncello cheesecake. I sat at the bar. It was about 5pm on a thursday so there were only a couple of other tables. The bartender was quite attentive - he made my drink right away, was friendly, and willing to answer any question I had. When I asked what siracha aioli was (I know what aioli is but not siracha), he brought me a sample of both the aioli as well as the siracha sauce by itself.

My meal was cooked per my order (steak medium rare) and the garlic potatoes and asparagus were yummy. The steak was too chewy and the meal not worth the price charged. I liked the cheesecake crust but the cheesecake itself was just okay.

Will not return as I feel there are better restaurants in Bellingham where I'd rather spend my money.

• Visited October 2013
Bellingham, Washington
“Good Fish House, Not So Good Prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food was good, service was good also. Prices were rather high for a casual dining establishment. I guess they think they are in New Orleans---hence the name. Maybe those prices would be suitable in the Big Easy, but not in Bellingham, WA.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Waupaca, Wisconsin
“Very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stopped on a Saturday evening and our first clue should have been that the restaurant was virtually empty! We sat outside, along the sidewalk, on a beautiful evening and both ordered fish entrees. Neither meal was above average although the prices were! Service was also only mediocre. Not a place I would rush back to visit.

• Visited August 2013