“Expansion appreciated” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 16 Bakeries in Bellingham
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast
Description: The Mount Bakery is a bakery, cafe, creperie and restaurant serving award winning pastries and desserts, Bellingham's Best Benedict, scratch made soups, quiches, and lunch specials daily AND full menu plus dinner specials Wednesday through Saturdays. We are also now open at a second location - Mount Bakery Fairhaven - at 1217 Harris Avenue in the Historic Fairhaven district of Bellingham! Come to our Fairhaven neighborhood location to watch our famed bakers work while enjoying quiche, soup, pastries, fabulous cakes, espresso and more!
Bellingham, Washington
“Expansion appreciated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This bakery opened a new shop across the street from me and I am very happy, going there several times per week. Pastries, scones, cookies, quiche, soup, it's all good! I'm going to their Farmer's Market shop today, for sure!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lake Stevens, Washington
“Big menu, little shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was told of this Bakery by a friend, and since we were going to be just down the hill, we stopped in. OK, the name. Mount Baker is a local volcano, and is visible from Bellingham. It is visible for 150 miles, but that is another visit. The Bakery is small and in an old building, nice. They had a good, but small choice of fine baked goods, but we got there after 1:00. There were several specials and then we opened the menu, huge. Two soups, crepes (sweet and savory) sandwiches (hot and cold) and many more items. I had the special crepe (chicken, boc choy, squash, goat cheese...) Very good choice. The coffee was very good, and each table had a wine bottle with water. The wait staff was very attentive and the food came quickly and fresh. From the smell of the bacon someone else ordered, I will need to go back for a BLT. SPARKS museum is across the street, and a constant parade of local flavor is just outside. Sidewalk seats too. Breakfast all day.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco
“You won't leave hungry...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Whenever we pass through Bellingham we like to stop for breakfast with friends at the Mount Bakery Cafe. It is in the center of town is storefront location. You can sit inside or at a sidewalk table. It is always a very filling experience. Breakfast can be simple with a fresh pastry and a cafe latte or the whole nine yards. I always choose the latter. On our last stop I had the eggs benedict made with a Belgian waffle instead of an English muffin. But there are many options to choose from with variety of crepes and omelettes. Whichever item you select off the menu or the daily specials you certainly will leave satisfied.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
United Kingdom
“My Favorite Place in B'ham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

As close to "my regular" restaurant as I ever got in Bellingham. Perhaps I'm used to overpriced UK restaurants but this place has superb food for comparatively excellent prices. It isn't fast food, but the very opposite, and I appreciate that the atmosphere not only allows but encourages customers to take their time.

I honestly cannot wait for my next breakfast crepe with veggie sausage. Fingers crossed they still have it on the menu when I'm back in town.

• Visited November 2012
Redmond, Washington, United States
“Hip atmosphere, outstanding food and baked goods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Baked goods are made from scratch; crepes (savory or sweet) and waffles, quiche, soups. Daily specials. Set your salivary glands on high for this cafe. I had the daily special crepe: Dungeness crab, local mushrooms, asparagus, spinach, leeks, tomato, gruyere with a side salad of fruit. Well-tended tables even during busy Saturday morning. Be prepared for a short wait if you hit the cafe mid- to late-morning. Would recommend highly

• Visited April 2013