“Really great sandwiches” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 384 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Bakery, Café, Soups, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: We've been voted Bellingham's Best Sandwich for over ten years in a row, and there's good reason for this. We start with our fresh-baked bread (Focaccia, Rosemary, Mulitigrain, Ciabatta, just to name a few...), Add lots of tasty veggies, and all-natural meats (if you're into that sort of thing- if not, we have lots of vegetarian options), finish with great homemade spreads, and present you a gourmet sandwich fit for royalty. Special to our Railroad cafe are our flats, our take on pizza, and our grinders.
NW Washington
“Really great sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Love the Eggenues & their rosemary bread is excellent. Great sandwich combos. Also good coffee drinks.

Visited September 2013

friday harbor
“Wish i lived closer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stopped by the James Street location for quick breakfast to go, and immediately felt comfortable there. First time customer, staff very warm and friendly, warm vibe to the place and the breakfast sandwich was the best ever on homemade rosemary English muffins! I can't wait to go back and order more stuff, wish I lived I the neighborhood.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I dare you to try a BLT and T Bacon, lettuce, turkey, tomato with guacamole. The soups here are different in a good way the tomato is a tad on the spicy side in a flavorful way. All around good quick lunch place to eat.

Visited June 2013
Howard, Colorado
“Drop by for lunch - then get on the boat to Alaska!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Really neat sandwich shop in downtown Bellingham. I had the Railroad Roast Beef and the wife had the Reuben. Plenty of food for lunch and we even had a little left over for an afternoon snack. The service was spot on - even though we had plenty of time. The staff was very friendly and the restaurant was very clean and well maintained. There is space for eating outside if you desire as it was quite busy inside. Give the Avenue Bread and Deli a try - the bread is the best.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Redmond, Washington
“Tempted to return again the next day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We visited Avenue Bread and Deli during a mini road trip of Northwest Washington. We drove into Bellingham from Camano Island after touring Camano Island State Park for a few hours, and we were both starving. Since we still had Larrabee State Park on the agenda, we wanted a filling lunch but nothing to weigh us down. Avenue Bread was perfect. I had a very basic sandwich - whole grain bread, ham, pepperjack, mayo, lettuce, and tomato. My boyfriend had one of the fancier grinder sandwiches. Both breads were deliciously baked and all the other ingredients were plentiful and fresh. I actually bought a bag of chips and, after I finished inhaling my sandwich, realized I'd never even though to open them.

We were actually tempted to stop again the next day, but the part of me who loves trying something new just didn't let me. :)

• Visited July 2013