“We always stay here before flying out of Bellingham” 5 of 5 stars

1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
British Columbia, Canada
“We always stay here before flying out of Bellingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is our Go To Best Western when we have a flight out of Bellingham. John at the front desk is simply excellent (but all the others are too). We have stayed in standard rooms and found them to be fine. As I have a Best Western client card we get automatic upgrades and can say the suites are very nice too. Really comfy beds! I find it a perk to be in a room where you can actually open the window to let in a summer breeze (as opposed to larger 'sealed' hotels) so that is a nice feature in these rooms. Fresh cookies are set out in the lobby in the afternoon -- another great touch. The breakfasts are good too. Tip: For dinner walk next door to the Mi Mexico family restaurant as we enjoy their food, drinks, and service every time we visit.

Room Tip: The suites are especially nice but the standard rooms are good value.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Carlee S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Codiak! ,

Thank you for staying with us prior to your flight out of BLI. Our Sleep and Fly Package is a very popular service, and I am happy to see you were able to unwind before your flight. I would also like to thank you for mentioning Jon and other staff members. We constantly strive to provide memorable and enjoyable experiences for our guests and I am glad we succeeded during your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Columbus, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed here two nights, a night before and after my climbing trip in first week of July. The hotel staff is friendly and was helpful in making travel arrangements. The rooms are clean and comfortable, breakfast is good and the location is great. At a few minutes walking distance you have great restaurants like Mi Mexica, Thai House, Boston's Pizza, etc.

If you are climbing with AAI you get a discount on a standard room. The AAI van picks you up at around 6:40 am from the hotel and drops you back after your trip. The hotel also provides an airport pick up / drop off service and is helpful if you are arriving at Bellingham airport by a flight or a shuttle from Seattle.

For those of you who stay regularly at Best Western, the group is running a promotion where you get a night free for every 3 nights of stay (separate reservations) within a certain period.

Room Tip: If you are not renting a car and have a lot of luggage, request for a room in the same building as t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear bhramar,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your most recent stays with us. I am so pleased to see you were able to relax both before and after your climbing trip. I would love to welcome you back the next time you find yourself in this corner of the US!

Spanaway, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This hotel is the best of all best westerns I have ever stayed in I travel a lot. I have spent weeks at the heritage inn and have used many different rooms and every room is comfortable clean and the have a great breakfast and good coffee.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Gerald R,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your most recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to welcome our frequent guests back. We are looking forward to seeing you soon!

Bellingham, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful, and were extremely helpful when, the following night in a different state, I'd realised I'd left an item in my room. Also, they were very accommodating in helping me make arrangements to have it picked up. he room was very clean and comfortable

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Mel W,
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Bellingham, and for sharing your experience. I am happy to see we were able to arrange for your left behind item to be picked up in an efficient manner. We strive to contact all guests who may have left something behind as promptly as possible. I look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Redding, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel is a perfect one if you're looking for helpful staff, clean accommodations, and a very nice setting. We asked for a room overlooking the creek and they were happy to arrange this. Very, very helpful staff. Room was very, very clean. A little bit dated but easy to see that the hotel has been remodeled recently and is competitive with other hotels. I would definitely stay here again. Breakfast was very nice with plenty of options including healthy choices (oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, etc.). Easy to get to and from town as well. (If you like a softer mattress, you'll be happy.)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Kargro,
Your comments regarding your recent stay are appreciated and I would like to thank you for sharing. Many guests comment on our extended hot continental breakfast and I am happy to see you enjoyed our many options. Please visit us again soon!

Jefferson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was exhausted when I arrived here, the evening staff, Corey was fabulous making everything easy and delightful! Our room was new, clean, comfortable and gorgeous! The next morning breakfast spread delicious,something for everyone. I felt happy with my choice to stay here.

Stayed June 2014
Dear vyletsarah,
I am so happy to see Cory provided you with the high level of service we are known for; thank you for sharing. Please visit us again soon so we are able to wow you once again!
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We had a pleasant stay at the end of a week in the Northwest, did a little shopping and went home. This place suited that purpose very well.The facility is a little spread out, in three different buildings. The breakfast room was in our building, the pool & spa were across the street and the lobby and business center were next to that. As I am suffering some soreness in my hip and knees, I found this and the stairs down to the breakfast room a little uncomfortable

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Terry N,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. I am so happy to see you enjoyed our serene and unique layout. Please visit us again soon!