“Nice property in Bellingham” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #4 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Kelowna, Canada
“Nice property in Bellingham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this location, to do a little cross-border shopping and dining. The motel is very clean and well maintained, also we found the room to be very quiet, despite close proximity to I-90. A very nice hot breakfast was available, and conveniently located in the same building as our room. We would be happy to stay at this location again if visiting Bellingham.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tamara A, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear OkanagonRon- Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am so pleased that you found our location convenient for your travel plans, and that our hotel and staff met all of your needs during your stay. Thank you for you business and we look forward to your next stay with us.

417 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Calif
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was my one night out of a four night trip to save a few bucks, as I usually stay at four star properties; additionally, there did not seem much to choose from in Bellingham, at least in regards to attractiveness.
The room, while not to my taste, did have a nice bathroom, was overlooking the small creek, and had a Keurig coffeemaker and many t.v. channels.
The staff were professional and helpful.
The included breakfast was fine, and offered hot and cold items.
They were a bit too strict on the pet policy, compared to the other two nicer hotels which I stayed at on this trip, insisting that the dog be left in the car, not ever left alone in the room-probably due to the thin walls!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear zimmchiro- Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Heritage Inn. It is good to hear that you enjoyed some of our wonderful amenities including the new in room Keurig Coffeemaker, and our tasty full hot breakfast. While we are a pet friendly hotel, we are limited to the number of pet rooms we have available and always like to be respectful of all of our guests, I am sorry if you found our pet policy a bit strict. I hope you think of us again the next time you are in Bellingham.

Penticton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night. Catching a flight out of Bellingham Airport in the morning. There complementary shuttle is a bonus. We asked for a ground floor suite as traveling with a pet. We got that and a handy location close to an exit door so easy to take him out for a walk. Our room over looked Baker Creek with the trees in beautiful fall colors. The room was very quiet. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud . Would stay here again for sure. Excellent staff very friendly and accommodating. Easy walk to a good selection of different Restaurants, Mexican, Thai , Indian, Denny's , Burger King and more.

• Stayed October 2013
Tamara A, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Garles- Thank you for your review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our new plush beds, and that all of your requests we met upon arrival for you and your furry traveling companion. Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay with us when you are in Bellingham.

Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I needed a hotel in Bellingham that wasn't too expensive and so booked at this Best Western based on the overall strength of the reviews here. I wasn't disappointed. I paid less than $100 for each night and had a clean, spacious room with a very comfortable king-sized bed, large TV with good selection of cable channels and a Keurig stocked with Starbucks coffee - a nice surprise! Was so great to have such good coffee in the morning.

There are lots of great 'frees' at this property: free breakfast; free parking; free shuttle to Bellingham International Airport; free cookies/coffee/tea in the lobby; free use of fitness center; free storage of parcels (my company sent me two boxes ahead of time so that they were waiting for me upon check-in)...

The staff were lovely: kind, courteous, professional and very accommodating. For instance, check-out time is 12 noon. My colleague was late in coming to meet me and the BW staff were fine with letting me hang out in the room until 1pm at no extra charge.

The hotel is right off of I-5, just off of Meridian St, which is one of Bellingham's main roads. It is a little tough to find (the signage isn't great) - it's adjacent to a small strip mall. There is also a Denny's, Burger King and Mi México restaurant within the same complex. Rite-Aid, Marshall's and Ross are just across the street. The hotel is also within walking distance of Bellis Fair mall. There is also an outdoor pool, but it was closed for the season. There is, however, a hottub that is available year-round.

I had requested a room on a high floor away from the interstate, which they accommodated. I had a great night's sleep. The room was very quiet for being so close to a freeway.

I do echo some of the other poster's comments about the layout of the hotel being a bit odd. It is separated into 3 different buildings, almost like a grouping of little mini apartment complexes.

I only have three tiny negative comments:
- there was no bathtub in the room, only a stand-up shower. I had been travelling all day when I arrived and would have loved a nice soak before bed.
- breakfast, although free, is only available until 10am. It was very busy. Even extending it by half an hour would have made a big difference, I think.
- the hottub is only open until 10pm. Each time I went to use it, it was overrun by kids. I recently stayed at a BW in Montana that had 'adults-only' swim and hottub times clearly marked in the changerooms and poolside. This sort of system worked like a dream!

All in all, this was a very nice little hotel. I'd stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: If you think you might be concerned about noise, ask for a room facing away from Interstate 5, prefe...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear ShabbyChique- Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review regarding your recent stay with us at the Best Western Plus Heritage Inn. It is always a pleasure to read how much a guest appreciates our hotel, amazing staff and all of our great amenities, including our new Keurig coffee makers with Starbucks coffee options and our new comfy plush beds. I am so happy that you found our location convenient for your travel needs. I hope we exceeded all of your expectations during your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is probably the nicest Best Western Inn we have ever experienced. The rooms were very comfortable, wonderful beds and bedding, and the people most friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious and the room spacious. It was served on real plates and cups. The location was convenient to shopping in walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamara A, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Ifmonroe2,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review regarding your recent stay and experience. I am so happy to hear that we rank as the nicest Best Western you have stayed with. I am so glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms, new comfy plush beds and our always delicious breakfast. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay.

Mill Bay, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is without a doubt that best accommodation we stayed at on our six day trip of Octoberfesting, touristing and shopping. Very Quiet, extremely comfortable and head and shoulders above the average run of the mill hotel/motel. Staff were extremely helpful with directions & points of interest. Will make a point to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamara A, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Warren U - Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review regarding your recent stay, and our wonderful and helpful staff. I am glad that you found our property and rooms welcoming and comfortable. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us while you are in Bellingham.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 days while up north recently and weren't impressed overall. The rooms were very nice and the staff was awesome and willing to help with any need. However it is in a weird location and is made up of a bunch of different buildings so you do outside in the rain to breakfast then outside in the rain to the hot tub then outside in the rain to the lobby then outside in the rain to the gym. And the kicker is the price is the same for Saturday or Sunday.. Really?

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Hpaterson - Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at our property. I am happy to hear that our always friendly and amazing staff exceeded your expectations during your visit. In regards to our property layout, all 3 of our buildings were constructed in different phases giving us a unique campus style layout surrounding Baker Creek. It is disappointing to hear that our property didn't meet your expectations, with our many different amenities being offered in separate buildings. Our rates do fluctuate throughout the seasons, however during our slower periods there isn't much of a change from weekdays to weekends. I would like to personally invite you back to stay with us again and give us the opportunity to earn your business. Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your future reservation needs.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!