“Octoberfesting” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mill Bay, BC
“Octoberfesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is without a doubt that best accommodation we stayed at on our six day trip of Octoberfesting, touristing and shopping. Very Quiet, extremely comfortable and head and shoulders above the average run of the mill hotel/motel. Staff were extremely helpful with directions & points of interest. Will make a point to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tamara A, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Warren U - Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review regarding your recent stay, and our wonderful and helpful staff. I am glad that you found our property and rooms welcoming and comfortable. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us while you are in Bellingham.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 days while up north recently and weren't impressed overall. The rooms were very nice and the staff was awesome and willing to help with any need. However it is in a weird location and is made up of a bunch of different buildings so you do outside in the rain to breakfast then outside in the rain to the hot tub then outside in the rain to the lobby then outside in the rain to the gym. And the kicker is the price is the same for Saturday or Sunday.. Really?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Hpaterson - Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at our property. I am happy to hear that our always friendly and amazing staff exceeded your expectations during your visit. In regards to our property layout, all 3 of our buildings were constructed in different phases giving us a unique campus style layout surrounding Baker Creek. It is disappointing to hear that our property didn't meet your expectations, with our many different amenities being offered in separate buildings. Our rates do fluctuate throughout the seasons, however during our slower periods there isn't much of a change from weekdays to weekends. I would like to personally invite you back to stay with us again and give us the opportunity to earn your business. Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your future reservation needs.

Richmond, BC, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this BW many years ago and as it is convenient to a number of shopping malls and outlets, we chose to stay their again. We had read the reviews of other travelers who had recent stays and made a number of requests for a room away from the highway and away from the first floor (where guests with dogs are assigned. Samantha, the desk clerk was very personable and welcomed us to the hotel. When asked where we might obtain a bottle of wine, she directed us to three nearby outlets. We asked her about the location of outlets where we might buy flowers and she printed out the driving directions for us. All of the staff were smiling and friendly -- breakfast room staff, housekeeper, and day clerk at the front desk. We will definitely return to this location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tamara A, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear GaryN- Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that all of our staff was welcoming, friendly and helpful during your stay. We do offer an ideal location for travelers of all types being situated right off the freeway across from Bellis Fair Mall. Thank you for your loyalty and business and we look forward to your next stay with us,

Plain, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hotel room very nice, bed very comfortable, nice clean place to stay. Dog friendly, close places to walk your dog. close to freeway but fairly quiet. convenient location. we have stayed here several times and its very consistent quality service, clean rooms etc

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tamara A, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Chris F- Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Heritage Inn. I am happy to hear that you and your 4 legged furry friend enjoy our property. I hope we exceeded your expectations during your stay and we look forward to your next visit to Bellingham.

Victoria, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was assigned this hotel after using Hotwire.com. This was my first experience with Hotwire. We usually stay at the Hampton Inn when traveling. This hotel's advertised rate was higher than the Hampton so I was curious to see what it was like.

The location is really great if planning on shopping at Bellis Fair. You just walk across the street.

Check in was smooth. I paid $116 on Hotwire ($130 with taxes) the posted rate online was $179. While checking in I asked what the rate was and was told $159. So Hotwire paid off.

The room was ok. The bed was very comfortable!!!. The breakfast (included in price) was very impressive. Probably the best I've seen a hotel offer.

I'm not sure what happened to me the morning we were to check out and head to the airport. I could not find my passport. I swore i Left it on the table in the room. My husband and I tore that room apart but couldn't find it. I called the front desk to see if it was turning in. I spoke with John. He check but it wasn't. I was very upset as our flight was leaving and I didn't think I'd get on the flight. I want to put a big shout out to John. He called me back in 5 minutes as he was searching the internet to see if I could board a flight with my enhanced drivers licence, he said he wanted to call me to tell me there was hope and would keep searching and call me back, he was also looking for Allegiant's phone number (which I never did find). Thank you John for helping! I love to see when people go above and beyond. Thank you!

My husband found my passport in the glove box of our car and we were off to Vegas.

• 5 of 5 stars
Dear LovesMexico75 - Thank you for the wonderful review regarding our hotel and always amazing staff. I am glad you enjoyed our new plush beds and our delicious breakfast during your stay. I am sorry to hear about your passport ordeal, but am very pleased to hear that John went above and beyond to try and help. I hope you had a wonderful time in Las Vegas, and the next time you are in Bellingham you chose to stay with us again.

Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had an excellent experience and would stay here again. The adjacent Mi Mexico Restaurant is Excellent, with friendly staff and very good food. The hotel staff was cordial and very cooperative. The room was well-appointed and the bed was very comfortable. KUDOS!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lara M - Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our new plush comfy beds and the convenience of Mi Mexico restaurant and their yummy food. We hope you stay with us again the next time you are in Bellingham.

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is my second visit to this hotel. Though the first visit wasn´t a 5 stars I considered this hotel because Best Western was sponsor of the Bellingham Marathon on 9/29. That was the main reason why we booked two rooms there. When we were checking in we asked a late check out and we were told that that was impossible, that 12pm was the latest and "the best they could do". This guy (night shift) was rude, nothing to do with the other staff that is a 5 stars team.
We were really concerned and we couldn´t find any reason why Best Western didn´t´t offer us a late check out, especially when they were sponsors of this race. The morning after, I called the front desk and instead of asking a late check out I directly communicate them that I was going to do a late check out; I was offered a 12:30pm with no charge. Then I asked what was the fee for a late check out (at that point nobody offered me that option!!) and the front desk´s girl replied that she´d call me back. She did and offered a 50% of the room price with an evening check out. Finally!
What really annoys me is that late check out fee is something usual in hotels and, in fact, Best Western uses as well in different places I´ve stayed in. This staff didn´t offered at any time (I had to provide the solution), especially when it´s something to be aware of when you sponsor a Marathon with runners that may wish to come back to the hotel to get a shower.

Room Tip: Far from the highway; this is very close to the hotel.