“Outstanding Service in a Beautiful Setting” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Bellingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Outstanding Service in a Beautiful Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Heritage Inn in Bellingham, Washington on a one night layover from Hawaii. We had a 6 hour flight delay and were extremely tired by the time we got to the hotel at 11 p.m. I had called ahead to let the front desk know of our late arrival and was fortunate to speak with Nathan. He not only offered to send a cab for us since the shuttle service was already closed but he had our room ready for us and even personally helped us carry our bags up the two flights of stairs. All of this and he was already done with his shift for the night. The room was beautiful and the breakfast the next morning was the best I have ever had as a free hotel breakfast. I would definitely stay here again if I am ever back in Bellingham.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tamara A, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for the glowing review regarding your recent stay and experience at the Best Western Plus Heritage Inn. I am so pleased to hear the Nathan went the extra mile to ensure you had a wonderful experience from your arrival to your departure. All of our staff works very hard to make sure all of our guests have a positive and memorable stay.It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our newly upgraded rooms and that you found our delicious breakfast to your liking. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you are in Bellingham.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Bellingham, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed at the Best Western Heritage Inn in Bellingham, Wa for business. I have no complaints about this hotel. After staying many nights at different hotels, no complaints means alot. The property is quaint. The rooms are a bit small, but cozy. Depending on the layout, they can feel quite spacious. The property is next to a decent Thai restaurant. I have not tried the Mexican or Indian restaurant yet, though I have heard good things. All are within walking distance. The beds were fine, I just hate sleeping in hotel beds over my own. I stayed at the Best Western Lakeway Inn prior and did not have as good of service. Personally, I found a cup in my room after work when I had never used a cup. Also, towels left on the floor were not replaced. Good think I was by myself and could use other clean towels. Also at least two of my colleagues went to three or more rooms before finding a room that was not already occupied. The check-out/check-in process apparently was not completed correctly. I feel uncomfortable knowing that my room key could be given to strangers who could access my room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mandy E. - Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Best Western Plus Heritage , I am so happy to hear you have no complaints, that is quite a compliment! I am glad you found our location convenient for your needs and you were able to enjoy our new plush beds during your stay. We do have a very convenient location and offer a unique campus style layout with 3 separate buildings surrounding Baker Creek, and many wonderful restaurants within walking distance. I think our guest rooms have a welcoming cozy feel and I am glad you agree. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Riverside, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Helpful and professional staff at a facility with lovely grounds and amenities. Clean and well-maintained pet-friendly room that met normal room expectations. Ten minutes north of ferries; close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tamara A, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Vivian-Lee N - Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you and your pet enjoyed your stay at our quaint property. I think we have a perfect location tucked back in Baker Creek with easy access to anything you may need. I hope our staff and hotel exceeded your expectations and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Another very good hotel,I was very surprised that it was as clean and well run with very good staff. It had a fairly good breakfast place and a good assortment of different items for the breakfast. The hot tub needed repairs, but the pool was good albeit a little small. Nice big rooms with awesome beds.

• Stayed July 2013
Tamara A, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
oilace1- Thank you for taking to time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Heritage Inn. I am so pleased to hear that you found our staff, hotel and amenities to your liking, and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our new plush beds. We look forward to your next stay with us.

coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very pleasant stay, good location for shopping and close to all other amenities. Nice pool area and gym and the breakfast was very good. Our room was on the third floor and they did not have elevators so if disabled should be on main floor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tamara A, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Lloyd L - Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and some of our wonderful amenities including our 24 hour fitness center and our amazing full hot breakfast. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel is GREAT! The service is AWESOME at check in and check out! Rooms are very nice and clean! BEAUTIFUL stay! It's also in a great location and there is a really nice swimming pool and good breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamara A, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Laris Y - Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Best Western Plus Heritage Inn. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed you stay and that you found our staff, amenities and hotel met your high standard. I hope we exceeded all of your expectations and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Ladysmith, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times, it's a nice, convenient location for a few days break and, as we have a 2hr ferry ride to the mainland, when heading south for the winter Bellingham is a perfect overnight stop...we like the Charleston Bldg ..it's perfect for our needs, my husband is walking challenged so being close to the restaurant is good.. .we like the spacious rooms, the beds are so comfortable, friendly staff, good hot breakfast, reasonable rate, no traffic noise from I5 and Bellis Fair Mall is 2 minutes..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Audrey H - Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you found our convenient location,spacious rooms and many wonderful amenities to your liking. We hope we exceeded your expectations during your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!