“Very clean, spacious and well kept” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Bellingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Canada
“Very clean, spacious and well kept”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at this property through a blind bid on Priceline, so I probably paid significantly less than other guests. It was a giant bargain though! My winning bid was for $55, versus the $145 it would have been to book that night through any regular website- I checked. If you want to try, it was a 2.5 star, which makes me wonder what the 3 star hotels in Bellingham are, as this was a super nice place. My husband and I were both very impressed. Our room was spacious, impeccably clean, and in good condition- nothing seemed rundown or worn out. There was a little nook with a Keurig coffee maker (fancy!) and a mini sink on top, and underneath a microwave and mini fridge, which I liked.

The bathroom had nice details like a built-in nightlight and lovely toiletries. The shower felt large and had really nice pressure and a good showerhead.

We didn't use any of the amenities, but they have a hot tub, outdoor pool, and fitness centre. We did appreciate that you didn't need a password or complicated sign-in for the free wifi.

The free breakfast was way better than I expected. Besides the usual stuff like breads, cereal, oatmeal, fruit etc, they had waffles, eggs, sausage, and even sausage gravy (which I'm sure paired well with the biscuits!) It was all pretty tasty- like McDonald's-level tasty, yes, it's a free breakfast, not a gourmet restaurant. But tasty nonetheless. The breakfast room was just as clean and nicely kept as our room.

The location is right off the highway, but quiet. Very near Bellis Fair and other shopping.

We live in Vancouver, and we don't ever really need to stay in Bellingham, but if we did, we would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in building C, which didn't have any elevators, so depending what floor you're on, i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamara A, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review about our hotel and amazing staff! It definitely sounds like you got one of our spacious and amazing rooms at a great price off your winning bid on Priceline. I am glad that you enjoyed our rooms with the newly added Keurig Coffee makers, just a little extra touch to help make you feel at home, I am also glad that you enjoyed our full hot breakfast and all of the amazing items it offers. We invite you to stay with us again on your next visit to Bellingham.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My family and I stayed here may 19th 2013 ( I am in the room as we speak ) We go down to seattle 3-4 times a year for a shopping trip .Upon arrival we realized this is more of a motel than a Hotel, Check-in was fine and got our room Key and we are in the second building with the hot tub .When we got to the building I saw there were probably 10-15 young adults in there drinking up a storm in the hot tub so I guess my family wont be able to enjoy it as they were there the whole time , at 9:45 There are kids screaming in the hallways and people slamming doors and it is so loud it is waking up my 6 and 8 year olds! and it is still going on as I type !!! , also you can hear every singe foot step and every word they say in the room above us ,I can not Believe the noise in this place it is absoulutly terrible .Also there is a bag of Garbage sitting in the hallway since we have got here, I can not believe the reviews people give this place for the price of the room .Sorry My family will not be staying here again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tamara A, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
I am sorry to hear about all of the troubles you encountered during your stay. The hot tub is for all guests to utilize during their stay, and I apologize it wasn't available for your use. We also to our best to enforce a noise policy as best as we can and I am sorry to hear that you had a very noisy night. It would be my pleasure to invite you back to stay with us again and give us the opportunity to earn back your business. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will personally handle your reservation.

P. 360-647-1912 ext. 14
Taddis@BestWesternHeritageInn.com
East Wenatchee, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

While in Bellingham for a conference, I stayed at this BW. Only minus was the room was not ready when I arrived at 4 pm. No big problem, since I had a meeting shortly thereafter. Room turned out to be a recently updated suite. Hotel is arranged in several buildings along a small creek. Nicely landscaped. Room was very clean and quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the creek away from the freeway. Ask for the Washington Suite.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you had a quiet and restful sleep, and that you enjoyed one of our suites during your stay. We think we have a very charming and beautiful location on Baker Creek and I hope it made you feel welcome. We look forward to your next stay with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Great Service, clean rooms, great location with food and shopping right next door, and the most comfortable beds that I've ever slept in in any hotel! We stayed here and used their Stay and Fly service that has a free airport shuttle! The free breakfast buffet every morning was above expectations. We won't stay anywhere else in Bellingham other than this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stayed in two of the three buildings and both were quiet..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim S. - Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your stay and our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our amazing Sleep & Fly package and enjoy our new plush beds, we think they are the best beds in Whatcom County. Please come back and stay with us again.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days and enjoyed it. The property itself is quirky. It has many separate buildings, different elevations and parking. But for that I would have given it 5 stars. My room was on the third floor- no elevator. But a very nice young at the front desk helped me lug all my stuff up. The room was large, very clean and comfortable. There was a fridge and microwave and a bar sink. it was very convenient. Breakfast was included and quite good and the Internet access was fast and free. Everyone at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. Highly recommended for family vacations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am so pleased to hear that you found our staff helpful and professional. I am glad that you had to opportunity to enjoy our wonderful full hot breakfast, I hope you enjoyed some Belgian Waffles! We do have a very unique layout to the property, with 3 separate buildings laid out in a campus style that gives us a picturesque setting positioned along Baker Creek. Please come and stay with us again.

Tamara
Rainier, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This will be my final review of this hotel. I've stayed here three times and have decided I can't review it each time I stay unless something happens to change my opinion of it. As I've stated before, I love this place, the rooms are so lovely, the staff wonderful, the breakfast and breakfast room (although extremely cold this time) great. This is the second time I've had a room in the Charleston building and absolutely love it. I encourage everyone to try a stay here, I've yet to be disappointed.

Room Tip: Just stay away from the rooms facing the mexican restaurant if you need a very dark room to sleep.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tamara A, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
WOW! Thank you for all of you wonderful reviews on our hotel and your stays at the Best Western Plus Heritage Inn. We appreciate your loyalty and business. I am so pleased to hear that you find our amazing staff, breakfast and extra amenities to your liking. I hope all of your stays are always above and beyond your expectations. We look forward to your next stay.

Best Wishes,

Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We go to Bellingham 4 to 5 times a year. The only place we stay at is at this hotel. It has the best Service and Value for its guest. If we can not stay at this hotel then we postphone our trip until there is room for us at this hotel. The breakfast is awesome and filling.

Thank you again for another great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding our hotel and your many stays with us during your trips to Bellingham, WA. We appreciate you loyalty to our hotel and staff. I hope on each of your stays we have exceeded all of your expectations! We look forward to your next visit.

Best Wishes,

Sales & Marketing Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!