“Highly recommend for Park N Fly” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Highly recommend for Park N Fly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed at the Best Western Heritage Inn several times now, most recently on the way to Hawaii for my wedding. My fiancee at the time and I did a Park N Fly, leaving from the Bellingham Airport. Since I'm a people person, I always call directly to make my reservation over the phone and the front desk staff are always extremely courteous, helpful and professional. I thought it was great that they upgraded me when they heard it was my wedding, the rooms are spot on, and the upper floor suite that I had this time was big, comfy, clean and quiet. The bathroom is large and very nice, great amenities. I have had the complimentary breakfast before which is excellent (Love the waffle maker machines) and was disappointed when I found out that due to my early flight the breakfast area wouldn't be open early enough. However, I must say that the hotel staff went the extra mile by providing myself, fiancee, and four other friends all with bagged breakfasts which included yogurt, banana, etc. The airport shuttle is always on time, and it's a quick five minute drive or less to the airport. Drivers have always been friendly and helpful. When you arrive back at the airport, there is a direct dial button and the hotel has the shuttle van there within a few mins. I have recommended the Heritage Inn to other friends of mine who have also stayed there and have all had great experiences such as myself. When flying out of Bellingham the Heritage Inn would be without a doubt my first and only choice. Thanks to you and your staff for consistent great service! Mike M. BC Canada.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tamara A, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Congratulations on your marriage we wish you many years filled with love and happiness! Thank your for the wonderful review on our hotel! I am so happy that you found our Sleep & Fly package to be not only helpful but convenient for your travel needs. We have a wonderful staff throughout the hotel and I am pleased to hear that they were able to meet if not exceed all of your expectations during your stay. Please come and stay with us again soon!

Tamara Addis
Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Chilliwack, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I took my mum for her birthday for a shopping spree to Bellingham. We stayed at the Best Western Heritage Inn for the first time. We both loved it. Room was spotless, comfy beds with 4 fluffy pillows, walk in shower - everything looked up to date and modern. Staff very friendly and helpful. Though right next to the Highway - and we were facing the parking lot - we heard nothing until the morning deliveries and that's just because our window was left open. Used the small fridge, enjoyed the in room coffee and could not have had a better 'continental' breakfast that included the regular cereals, yogurt, toast, danish, coffee, tea, oj but also enjoyed sausage patties, eggs, waffles (you make yourself so fresh each time), flavored milks, 3 additional juices and fresh fruit. Bumped into a lovely lady cleaning the room across from us who gave us directions to the breakfast room and on way back took the time to ask if we enjoyed ourselves. Very pleasant stay - would definately go back and recommend. Also enjoy a meal at Mi Casa and Dennys that are situated in the same large parking lot across from Ross.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, just ask for a room in the back - there are 3 buildings for this hote...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay and our hotel. I am so pleased that everything was to your liking. We work very hard to provide each guest with a memorable experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Tamara Addis
Sales & Marketing Manager
Redmond, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

A very different construction style... separate small buildings with some trees around it in the middle of a commercial area. No elevator ? But very nice rooms and the room rate was MUCH lower for a king bed than the other Bellingham BW property we tried first. The breakfast was particularly 'cardboard" and the coffee was awful. I dont know why we even try these standardized cardboard breakfast setups anymore...I suspect they all come in big bundles from the same mega-supply chain. What would it hurt for them to actually offer to make an omelet for you instead of offering overcooked eggs in a pan that run water out the spoon when you serve it up?? SIGH.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the building farthest way from the Interstate 5 freeway ...which is very close...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Joshua G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide a superior experience to everyone who walks through our doors. I am sorry that you did not find our hot breakfast to be to your liking. We serve Seattle's Best brand coffee in our breakfast room and lobby. We generally receive comments of praise from our Guests about it. I am sorry that you did not find it to be to your taste.

We appreciate your business very much and hope that you will come and stay with us again during your next visit to Bellingham.
Coquitlam, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel at least 8 times in the last few years as it is very convienent for parking and flying to my business confrences in Las Vegas and Phoenix but as I just noticed while booking for my confrence in December to phoenix you no longer have a Canadian Government rate. This could be a downfall for future planning as we book many rooms sometime.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage you may want to request a lower floor as there is no elavator!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Joshua G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon. Our Canadian Government rate is still being offered in December and will continue to be offered indefinitely. If you were booking on the new Best Western website then it is located in a new spot. When on our Hotel page click on Hotel offers / packages and the Canadian Government rate is listed there.

If there is anything else I can do for you please contact the hotel and let me know. Thank you!
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had a great large room and bed. Modern, beautiful bathroom with good supplies. Nice complimentary breakfast with helpful, pleasant attendants. Could have used an elevator in the building we were in. Also, light on TV was distracting to sleep. good Internet access too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our Hotel! I am pleased that you found our accommodations met your traveling needs. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I agree with most of previous reviews regarding to the kind staff and excellent premises and probably this will be our next hotel again in Bellingham. The only complain I have is about the breakfast; I know it´s a complimentary breakfast so I shouldn´t complain about that.

I stayed two nights, the first breakfast was nice and I could choose cold boiled eggs or hot sausages or egg patties. However the second breakfast I couldn´t find anything hot to choose from (one hour before closing time) so I asked if I should wait for refill. I was told that the hot stuff was gone and nothing was expected. That was very disappointing especially when it wasn´t yet closing time. One thing is true: the girl showed a nice and wide smile when she told me that however it didn´t work out: not everything is about kind smiles.

Room Tip: The highway is very noisy. I asked for a quiet room and I was given a room facing the river and the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for leaving feedback about our hotel! I would like to apologize for the hot items not being available for the last hour of breakfast. On the morning in question our equipment that we use to cook the food broke down and stopped working. Our staff did not have a way to cook the food at that point. I hope that this was not too much of an inconvenience for you and that the rest of your stay with us went well.

We sincerely appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Bellingham. We would love another opportunity to serve you.
Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We can't say enough about this hotel, Joshua (the General Manager) and his staff (especially Steph S and Julie P - who took care of us after some unruly kids and their just as unruly Dad decided it was playtime in the halls and then circus time jumping on the beds at 11:30 at night). Within minutes of our call to the front desk there was someone at the Ringling's room asking them to keep the noise down. The next day, while we enjoyed our shopping trip, they had all our belongings moved to a new room in a separate building - by the time we got back at 4, there were hot cookies and coffee in the lobby (which they do every day) and new room with all our things in it ready for us to relax. They always go above and beyond to make your stay the best it can be. We feel like a welcome part of their family every time we stay. If you need assistance, just call the front desk - they will have you fixed up in no time. The free breakfast is wonderful and the ladies working in the breakfast room work hard to ensure the tables are clean and the food plentiful and always greet you with a cheery "Good Morning". No wonder we are regulars.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to 24hr coffee, choose a room in the main building. There is handicapped pa...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I cannot thank you enough for your kind words about our Hotel and employees. We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to leave a review about us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. We will be sure to have the hot cookies ready!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!