“Great spot” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Great spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

At the last minute we decided to stay in Bellingham and found an advertisment for the hotel at the Bellington Mall. I called and there was a couple rooms availible. Now I know why it was almost all booked. We were so pleasently surprised. The hotel was easily to find. The hotel lobby was beautiful decorated (Christmas time). Tammy was working the desk and was so nice and helpful. We were tucked into a beautiful clean room. I was so impressed. The price was right the accomodations were fabulous. The staff go above and beyond to make you stay a good one. Then you get a breakfast in the morning! I will be returning to this little gem. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Joshua G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about our hotel! I am pleased that you found your stay with us to be enjoyable and that we were able to provide you with a great experience. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Bellingham!

376 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Salmon Arm BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This hotel made a great impression on me as the moment I walked in the door the Front Desk attendant Julie greeted me warmly and was very accommodating. I had requested to be away from the highway and on the upper floor and these requests were fulfilled. I received a personal hand written note thanking me as a Best Western rewards member for my stay. I thought that was an amazing personal touch. I spent 2 nights there and not only were the rooms spotless I also found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful. They certainly understand what Best Western's "Superior Customer Care" motto is all about. I will definitely stay there again. Great job!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Joshua G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about our Hotel. I am very happy that we were able to take good care of you during your stay! We look forward to seeing you again. Have a great day!
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

This is one of these properties where if our expectations wasn't high, we would have been ok because it was just $100/night but the reviews have been just fantastic on Tripadvisor and the management of the hotel follows the reviews so we felt we finally found a decent and cost effective place in Bellingham! We travel quite a bit from Vancouver and we have yet to find a great hotel here. It's much easier to find an upscale, cost effective hotel in Seattle but the availability is small in Bellingham (for some unknown reason) and the cost is very high for what you get. We booked at Best Western at this location after reading the glamerous reviews. We have stayed at the other Best Western in Bellingham several times but it was our first time at this location. It's just adjacent to I5 so we knew there would be highway noise but we were traveling with a small pet that weekend and selection is small even without that factor. When we arrived, they told us the room was "right around the corner, down the stairs" As I headed down, I had to come back up to the ground floor to ask "In the basement??" and they said "yes, the property is on a slope, it's not really a basement". Well folks, this is the first time in my life I have stayed at a hotel with basement rooms! It's a partial basement in that because of the slope there is a window but the outside of the window is flush with the ground so a good portion of the room is below ground. It feels like a basement. They were not able to move us because the hotel was full. We put up with it - it was late and availability in Bellingham is always difficult (great place to run a hotel!). The next morning, we were woken up early by housekeeping/maintenance crew using a room in the shared corridor. Noise from plates, loud talking etc. I wasn't happy at all. I generally prefer more upscale places and this made me regret the whole experience going with a most "cost effective" solution. On check out, I explained to the manager that although the hotel is generally nice and the staff are very friendly, the rooms in that 1xx basement corridors really made it a completely unpleasant experience. The manager not only genuinely sympathized but offered us a substantial discount. I would have rated this hotel a 1/5 based on the basement rooms and noise but with the management not only apologized (which I never take seriously, it's too easy to say "Oh, Sorry") but actually proved it with the serious discount. If there is a way, the reservation system should flag these odd basement rooms with "it's a basement room with a noisy utility room in the corridor". Some people might not care but I'm not a basement type of person. If it wasn't for that issue, I think this property is a solid 4/5 and even a 5/5 based on very reasonable price (in an otherwise overpriced Bellingham market).

Room Tip: Any rooms in the 100-112 are likely the basement rooms. A small minority. West side is adjacent to...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Joshua G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about our hotel. I am pleased that I was able to handle your concerns in person at check out before you left. It is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you when you return to Bellingham. If you decide to give us that opportunity then please call me at the hotel personally and I will set up your room for you and meet any requests.
Grand Haven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012 via mobile

We came to Bellingham to visit family and stayed here for 5 days. The rooms are cozy, clean and very well priced. Fresh coffee all days - really good coffee, and crunchy Heath cooked in the afternoon. Breakfast is free and a REAL breakfast. We were very impressed and would definitely recommend this hotel. It's right next to the mall, right off the expressway so location for us was great.

• Stayed January 2012
Joshua G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback about our Hotel! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have taken great care to provide a good breakfast to our Guests so I am glad that you found it to your liking. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Very nice front desk staff and pet friendly... for a fee... our pet received a welcome gift with food, water, treats, and waste bags. The reception area in he lobby has a nice living room decor with fireplace. The room furnishings and decor are pretty decent, but the beds were too soft for our old backs! The heating/cooling is the noisy individual in room units that freaks out our little yorkie. Next to the highway and walking distance to the shopping center and restaurants. Serves hot breakfast including waffles. Hot tub not working during our short stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for leaving feedback about our Hotel! I am pleased that you liked our Pet welcome gift that we provide to all of our furry friends at check in. I apologize for the hot tub not working during your visit. It broke down unexpectedly and we had to special order a part for it. Needless to say it was hard for us to wait for the part while our Guests were looking forward to using the hot tub. It is fixed and in good working order now. So hopefully you can enjoy it during your next stay with us.
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Good location, nice and confortable room, plus friendly service

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

With th its proximity to Bellis Fair Mall, yet somewhat tucked away next to a picturesque little creek this hotel is ideal for the busy traveller.
We spent one night there and were pleasantly surprised by the hotel's overall impression, the very friendly and courteous staff and the nicely appointed rooms. We truly loved the walk-in shower!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!