This is one of these properties where if our expectations wasn't high, we would have been ok because it was just $100/night but the reviews have been just fantastic on Tripadvisor and the management of the hotel follows the reviews so we felt we finally found a decent and cost effective place in Bellingham! We travel quite a bit from Vancouver and we have yet to find a great hotel here. It's much easier to find an upscale, cost effective hotel in Seattle but the availability is small in Bellingham (for some unknown reason) and the cost is very high for what you get. We booked at Best Western at this location after reading the glamerous reviews. We have stayed at the other Best Western in Bellingham several times but it was our first time at this location. It's just adjacent to I5 so we knew there would be highway noise but we were traveling with a small pet that weekend and selection is small even without that factor. When we arrived, they told us the room was "right around the corner, down the stairs" As I headed down, I had to come back up to the ground floor to ask "In the basement??" and they said "yes, the property is on a slope, it's not really a basement". Well folks, this is the first time in my life I have stayed at a hotel with basement rooms! It's a partial basement in that because of the slope there is a window but the outside of the window is flush with the ground so a good portion of the room is below ground. It feels like a basement. They were not able to move us because the hotel was full. We put up with it - it was late and availability in Bellingham is always difficult (great place to run a hotel!). The next morning, we were woken up early by housekeeping/maintenance crew using a room in the shared corridor. Noise from plates, loud talking etc. I wasn't happy at all. I generally prefer more upscale places and this made me regret the whole experience going with a most "cost effective" solution. On check out, I explained to the manager that although the hotel is generally nice and the staff are very friendly, the rooms in that 1xx basement corridors really made it a completely unpleasant experience. The manager not only genuinely sympathized but offered us a substantial discount. I would have rated this hotel a 1/5 based on the basement rooms and noise but with the management not only apologized (which I never take seriously, it's too easy to say "Oh, Sorry") but actually proved it with the serious discount. If there is a way, the reservation system should flag these odd basement rooms with "it's a basement room with a noisy utility room in the corridor". Some people might not care but I'm not a basement type of person. If it wasn't for that issue, I think this property is a solid 4/5 and even a 5/5 based on very reasonable price (in an otherwise overpriced Bellingham market).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn is a 90-room limited service hotel appealing to business and leisure travelers. As well as small groups. Located near I-5 at exit 256, it is within minutes of the best of what Bellingham WA has to offer…from beautiful Bellingham Bay to vibrant downtown, to Fairhaven district, to Western Washington University and more.The hotel’s familiar look complements its neighborhood feel. And its luxury hotel beds, fitness center, outdoor seasonal pool and enclosed hot tub, plus FREE parking, WiFi, business center and full hot breakfast provide a desirable home base from which to discover your surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Heritage Hotel Bellingham
- Best Western Heritage Hotel
- Best Western Bellingham
- Bellingham Best Western