“Decent rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Vancouver, Canada
“Decent rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Decent rooms and customer service. The check-in and check-out was fast and friendly. The rooms were clean and the internet was good. We did have three guests in the room, but only 2 towels and 2 coffees provided, so had to call front desk. They resolved quickly. Location is just off the highway. Need to drive to most places. Hotel restaurant was ok, but nobody else was there when we went.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I called the hotel staff for pickup at the airport. I was told they would be there in 15 minutes. 25 minutes later I called back. There had been a shift change. The staff member knew nothing of the transport. He said in 15 minutes. TWENTY FIVE minutes later a driver came. That was 50 minute wait for a 7-minute drive.

In my reservation I made only one preference: quiet. This was not honored. Our room was in the open area above the in-house pool. I asked and received a room change. The halls were full of the chlorine smell.

The room was nice. The location was not good for walking to anything of interest. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you do not want pool noise and lots of chlorine smell, ask for a room in a side hall.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Cecilia K-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experiences here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn. It's from these comments that we can improve and be the best in Bellingham.

On behalf of the entire team, we are very sorry regarding the pickup you had from Bellingham International Airport. We failed and I can assure you this will be discussed with the team ASAP to correct.

We appreciate your business and hope you consider giving us another try next time you are in Bellingham.

Black Diamond, WA, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

if not for the location, right on the lake this would just be an average, older hotel that needs updating badly. the air conditioning units are loud and inefficient with no thermostat so they run all night and the room is either too cold or too hot. the "solar" hallway between the parking lot and the rooms is probably nice in winter but in august it is all you can do not to pass out from the heat and seriously could be a health problem

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Scott V.-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I apologize our hotel did not meet your satisfaction and I can guarantee you that we will look at your comments and improve.

I would like to discuss your stay further. If you get the chance, please contact me at 360-392-6550 or by e-mail at dana@bellingham-hotel.com.

We do appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again.

Kapaa, Hawaii, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Rooms were clean and beautiful and well maintained. Staff was wonderful and accommodating. Perfect for visiting WWU to check out the school. Restaurant downstairs, Oboe I believe, was perfect and they had great room service, very quick with a few places within walking distance including a grocery store. Access to the school was easy and a short drive brought you to lots more cheap eating places. Overall a great experience and much appreciated. East to get on and off the I5 too!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Nalani B-

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed it! Look for some exciting changes coming very soon to the hotel as well!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was the first Best Western Plus that I've stayed in, and I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean. I like that the remote control has a special jacket to make it easy to clean, too. The front desk clerk was friendly and competent. As another reviewer noted, some of the furniture is a bit worn, but I'm happy to stay in a place with worn furniture if it's clean. I will probably stay here again on my next trip through Washington.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HT944-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed it! Just to let you know we are currently updating all rooms wood work and freshening up other items as well after the busy summer season as part of our ongoing Preventative Maintenance Program.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Good stay - the staff were excellent, it has a very usable INDOOR pool in a central atrium. We did an overnight stay for back to school shopping. I chatted with some guests who tried the restaurant and they said it was decent pub type food. The only thing I found annoying was that the pool doesn't open until 9am - I like to have a morning swim then get going but had to check out without. Still good / clean. They have made a good effort to update an older hotel and done a decent job. Give it a try.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Marc S-

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us! I am glad you enjoyed it! Unfortunately we do not open the pool prior to 9 due to noise that can be created due to its location. However, our fitness center is open 24 hours for your enjoyment!

We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed in a 1-Bedroom Suite which was very clean, comfortable and nicely appointed, as was the rest of the property. Nice pool area. High speed internet was much better than most hotels.The hotel was full due to multiple events around town and thus the check-in process was a little slower than I had hoped for and the rate was higher than I would typically expect to pay at this class of hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Easy access to I-5. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The poolside suites can get a little loud if the hotel is full of kids, but they are very good at en...
chimpchamp-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed it! Sorry for the slow check in, but I am glad to see you were taken care of.

We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Director of Operations

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn? Share your experiences!