“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Pullman, United States
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a wonderful place to stay, helpful staff, courteous. Everything you need right there or close by. Beds are too soft for me. Clean Rooms. The food is excellent and the cost is very reasonable. I would stay here every time I am in Bellingham.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Carmen B-

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed it! We look forward to hosting you next time!

Best,

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

-city location, seconds from I - 5 interstate access

-east facing room was fairly quiet

-friendly staff

-indoor pool (does add to humidity of hallways)

-clean & comfortable, good sized rooms

-next door to Fred Meyer grocery store

-onsite restaurant & lounge with room service available

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
desertfor123456-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed it! We look forward to hosting you again here in the near future!

colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We just got back from a trip to the Pacific Northwest and hockey camp in Bellingham, tied in with a little vacation. The Best Western Lakeway is our choice of hotels in Bellingham.

The location is close to everything, their beds I could live in, no other nights sleep is that great. The Poppes Lounge has music, great service and best hotel food in the world.

The Jacuzzi was nice and hot to soak our bones in and the staff really wants to make your stay better.

See you all again soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
hockeyteam-

Thank you once again for staying with us and we are glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to hosting you once again in the near future!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is a good hotel, its is dated, for the most part it is clean, they have room service and a small restaurant. They do have the NEW and amazing Best Western Beds very nice!

The front desk staff are pretty darn amazing folks, and go the extra mile for me. Some of the Hotel Staff know my name, I'm not sure if that is good or bad. I stay here once or twice a month for work.

Room Tip: I try and get a high floor so I don't hear kids running. Not just in this hotel but in every hot...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
stevepwa-

Thank you for taking the time to write a few words about your recent stay with us. I will make sure the whole staff gets a chance to see them!

Look for new and exciting changes coming in the near future. We are really excited about them and hope you get a chance to experience them!

Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Hotel was comfortable and clean ... but it does not include a complimentary breakfast like most of the Best Western Chain does, which was a little disappointing. You can get complimentary coffee in the lobby, but no breakfast. But the rooms were very clean and beds comfortable. We would choose to stay there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DebCMT-

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed it and we look forward to hosting you again!

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I recently spent 2 days here. I was in town for a wedding and booked under the wedding block rate which was no deal. Nearly $200 a night for a mediocre hotel at best. For a wedding block price we got hosed. I would have booked elsewhere in town, but I wanted to abide by the bride. Things were clean, but no character, staff was slow w tasks and rooms are built around an indoor pool and jaquzzi otherwise know as "the nanny." It is clear parents drop their kids off and let them roam and SCREAM freely. Forget about peace and quiet. Think about a water park mid summer, but indoors so it echos.
I got over my disgust w/ the price, secured an unknown roommate through the wedding party and enjoyed the weekend. My new roommate who I only knew by her first name checked out together, signed receipts and departed ways. Today I find my CC was charged 2x's. It should be an easy fix. NOPE, Riccardo couldn't help unless I gave him the # of my roommate. I don't even know her last name! He absolutely would not credit my card even though this was THEIR mistake. I'm a business owner never in my right mind would I financially punish a client for my mistake. NOR would I ask for the other person phone number, last name or CC. DESPICABLE!
So at this point I've encountered 2 incompetent front desk people and would like to have this charge off immediately. I suggested they look in their system to find the number of the person who booked the block and follow up that way. Either that's not possible or he's not capable of using a computer, either way as for other travelers, I would not suggest this hotel and I WOULD NEVER BOOK A WEDDING BLOCK HERE. AS for me, I'm still charged twice and I reluctantly gave the 3 day post wedding, blissful bride's number to them so Riccardo can disrupt her personal time w new husband to find the last name and # of my wedding weekend roommate (let's not forget she just planned and hosted 100 people for other states for her wedding. Customer service failure!).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
474sunny423-

On behalf of the entire team, I want to apologize for your experience at the hotel. As discussed on the phone the credit was processed once it was brought to our attention and as a further compensation the 1st charge was also credited. The system incorrectly did not recognize the 3rd card on accident and we apologize for this happening in the first place. I have put a call in to our Property Management System provider as well for further investigation and all is good with the system.

We appreciate your business with the Lakeway Inn and if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,

Seattle WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Rooms are spacious and clean. Staff was helpful and friendly. Swimming pool was nice although the noise from indoor pool seems to radiate thru hotel. Restaurant had good food. Service was wonderful. Only one problem arose over laundry service and the hotels availability of towels. Have never had to wait for towels at a hotel for over two hours upon check in. Try holding off kids from swimming for that reason. I let them go and wound up just wrapping them in sheets until hotel got laundry taken care of.

• Stayed May 2013
Lisa R-

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed it! Although I apologize for the towel issue. That is not usual and I will follow up with our housekeeping team to make sure this does not happen again.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Director of Operations

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn? Share your experiences!