“Nice clean hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Seattle WA
“Nice clean hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Rooms are spacious and clean. Staff was helpful and friendly. Swimming pool was nice although the noise from indoor pool seems to radiate thru hotel. Restaurant had good food. Service was wonderful. Only one problem arose over laundry service and the hotels availability of towels. Have never had to wait for towels at a hotel for over two hours upon check in. Try holding off kids from swimming for that reason. I let them go and wound up just wrapping them in sheets until hotel got laundry taken care of.

• Stayed May 2013
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Lisa R-

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed it! Although I apologize for the towel issue. That is not usual and I will follow up with our housekeeping team to make sure this does not happen again.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Portland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel is expensive but mediocre. I'm a side sleeper and prefer a firm bed, but they are very proud of their squishy 'Pillowtop' mattresses. I asked at the desk if a room with with a firmer mattress was available, but was told all rooms have the same matresses. Maybe you like sleeping on pudding, but I dont, and I have a trip to my chiropractor to look forward to. The service in the Oboe restaurant is painfully slow. It took a half hour to get a salad and appetizer, with only one other guest in the place. The next morning I entered at 8:30 for breakfast, waited 10 minutes for the menu and another half hour for my food. You know it's too long when you finish the newspaper before the food comes. The food was OK once you get it, but not cheap. I gave up after that, and walked 5 minutes to the Rhodes Cafe for a better, cheaper breakfast. I had poor WIFI reception in my room, but I was in the back corner, and your experience may differ. They use a 3rd party service for TV, and the picture quality is terrible. Even though they have nice 32" LCD TVs, the picture looks like a crappy UHF signal from 50 miles away. The staff was friendly and tried to be helpful, but rarely had a positive solution when I had a problem. They just seem resigned to their mediocre offerings. One of my co-workers stayed at the GuestHouse across Lakeway for about $40 less a night, although I didn't see his room to compare size/quality/decor etc.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Peter J-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I do apologize we did not meet your expectations and I can assure you we take these comments seriously and will be reviewing to correct.

I am surprised to hear about the mattresses as usually they are raved about by our guests. However, what I can suggest next time is a bed board to make the bed more firm. Just inquire with our front desk team to have that put in.

I am disappointed in the service you received at the Oboe Café. I will make sure this is shared with our Director of Outlets ASAP to be shared with his staff and corrected.

Regarding the TV's, we are in the process of upgrading our channel lineup and processing all channels in HD. We hope to have this installed by this fall.

We hope to see you again. We truly do appreciate these comments as it is these comments that help us improve.

Sumner, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Good for business travel, probably not the most family oriented place...nice indoor pool and lobby. Seems to have an (economy) Embassy Suites feel to it. It is a nicer facility then the other BW in town. NO breakfast. Good parking, nice beds, clean...probably not worth more then $130 a night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Keith M-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed it. I do want to clarify though, we do offer breakfast at our onsite restaurant, the Oboe Café. Entrée items range any where from $6-15.

Thank you for staying with us!

Island County, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Inside pool & spa area, lounge with outdoor heated space makes this idea for business stay. Comfortable beds with fast internet connections. Right off Interstate, plenty of parking and walking distance to food & groceries.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Linda D-

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed it!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Port Alberni, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed here overnight with my family on our way home from vacationing in Idaho, and found it to be clean and comfortable with reasonable rates. The lobby is lovely, the pool was a great way to entertain the little one and unwind after a long day of driving. It also has free parking and a nice restaurant and coffee bar on-site which is very convenient. I would definitely choose to stay here again when passing through Bellingham.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
islandgurl2-

Thank you for taking the time to make a review about your recent stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed it!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I recently stayed one night here to visit WWU with my kids. We arrived earlier than check in time and they allowed early check in. The room was clean. The indoor pool was really nice. The staff was very friendly. It was next door to a Fred Meyer which was nice. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Jkkazz-

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us! Next time, if you need a lift, we provide complimentary shuttle service to WWU's campus and back. Just inquire with the front desk.

We look forward to hosting you again real soon!

Seattle, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here for a few days with our 2 small children. My husband had to work in the area. The pool was fun and had a nice 2 feet deep wading pool that was seperated from the deeper pool for little kids. There were also towels poolside for you to use. The pool is indoors but is a big glass atrium so it is great for the northwest. Plus you don't have to put on sunscreen to play. The rooms are clean and the staff is nice. They even provided directions to a number of parks in the area for my kids to play at.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Jennifer O-

We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us! The pool is perfect for the Northwest, as you know, summers are beautiful, but the other 9 months of the year we pay for it. That's when the pool really comes in handy.

We look forward to hosting you again real soon!

Director of Operations

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn? Share your experiences!