“Loved the Restaurant and staff” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #10 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Vancouver, Canada
“Loved the Restaurant and staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We spent a weekend away and ended up staying at the Best Western Lakeway Inn in Bellingham. The only complaint I have is the noisy drunk people stumbling through the hallway to their room once the pub downstairs closed. Other than that, the staff at Best Western were exceptionally friendly at the front desk as well as in the Restaurant. The shuttle drivers are very friendly and helpful. I booked the hotel and phoned in to ask for a quiet room away from the elevators. When I arrived that is exactly what they gave me for which I am thankful for. I'm maybe too attached to my bed at home, soft and comfy!! The bed in the hotel was a bit too firm, but my daughter loved it.

Room Tip: You have to cab it to Westhaven Historic district from here as well as if you would like to go to th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Jeanette K-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us! I am glad to see you enjoyed it! I do apologize for the noise and I will make sure our security team is patrolling that area closer at closing time.

We look forward to hosting you again!

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've stayed at this property several times, and it seems to be the one we go back to when we are in Bellingham. The distinguishing feature of this hotel is the pool - all of the rooms open onto a walkway which looks down onto the pool. With four floors of rooms, it can be a bit echo-y, but once the pool closes, it isn't bad at all. There was a birthday party going on when we arrived, and while that was a bit noisy, the party was over when we came back from dinner, and it was a quiet night. The rooms are nice, the bed was comfortable, and with the exception of the pillows that many hotels seem to love, the big firm pillows I dislike, we had a very pleasant stay. There was a college basketball team (girls) staying at the hotel while they played in a tournament at WWU, but we never heard them. When we checked in, we were given a room on the "quiet" side - we faced the roof, so while there was no view, there was also no noise, which was fine with us! There is a restaurant on the property, but we didn't eat there. It seemed, however, to be fairly busy. My best guess is that we will stay at the Best Western Plus Lakeway Inn when we are in Bellingham again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Tracy F,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. We are glad to see you enjoyed it!

We are looking at options to try and control the noise a bit in the pool. We used to have pieces of art hanging from the ceiling but are looking for alternatives.

I am glad to see the room was quiet for you. Next time, may I suggest a room on the south side of the building if a view in addition the quietness is what you are looking for. From there, you can see the forest behind us.

We look forward to hosting you again, and thank you for staying with us!

Clinton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My Wife and I attended a weekend convention at the local high school and needed that one night stay as we live on Whidbey Island. We arranged a dinner for six in the cafe for Saturday evening and were pleasantly surprised at the service and quality of food. Our waitress gave our group the impression that we were a valuable part of her business. The salmon dinner was excellent! The complementary breakfast in the morning was well attended and enjoyed by all. This hotel has a nice proximity to I-5 and sits right next door to Fred Meyer. Mr. Weber made this short stay quite satisfactory.

Room Tip: As a suggestion, visit your room prior to accepting your stay to be sure it's the right location...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
livvie-tom-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad to see everything worked out and I will make sure our Restaurant team gets a chance to see these comments.

We look forward to hosting you again here in the future.

McMinnville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I travel for business 200 nights a year, when I discovered the Lakeway Inn, it was a great pleasure.No hassle in checking in, the rooms are great and the bed is awesome. Nice to have a motel where the people are friendly, the lounge serves great food and beverages and all of the people are friendly. I would highly recommend the Lakeway Inn.

Room Tip: I have always stayed on the top two floors....very quite ...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Craig L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your stays with us! We are honored to be your home away from home here in Bellingham. Look for some more exciting changes coming soon here in 2013!

Burnaby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went and spend a night at the Best Western Lakeway Inn on Feb 24.We really enjoyed our stay, the staff was great,the young man that check us in was so friendly and helpful. We were very tired so we did no go out but we used the pool and hot tub and it was so great to be able to relax before going back to work.The location is great and we will go back each time we need to get away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
beachmama68,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Director of Operations

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn? Share your experiences!