“Park and stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Park and stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I chose this hotel as it offered the best park and stay prices for my needs and I like to stay at Best Western when I can. The hotel is easy to find, right along the freeway. It is behind the Fred Myers parking lot, making it convenient for shopping. The hotel orientation is turned so that the first impression is of the side, so would say poor curb appeal.
Once inside, the lobby is clean, large, and modestly modern. Front desk staff are professional and helpful. They arranged the cab for my early next morning trip to the airport.
I stayed two bookend nights, leaving my car and flying out of Bellingham for two weeks.
Both nights my room was above average for a remodelled Best Western. Everything seemed relatively new, especially the bathroom. The best part of my room was the luxury bed. I'd compare it to the Westin heavenly bed. The front desk called within the first hour to enquire if everything was to my liking and if I needed anything. My room faced the bank of trees against the freeway, however no noise heard. A nice touch is the china coffee cups. There is a bar fridge and a microwave in the room.
There is no free continental breakfast as is the norm at most Canadian Best Western, too bad. Also the hotel is very close to the Canadian border and it would be nice to have at least one Vancouver TV channel for Canadian news.
I used the hotel/airport shuttle on my return. However the wait at the airport was long - perhaps the shuttle pick-up area will improve after construction is done.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Karen S,

Thank you so much for the extensive review of your stay with us! It's from these reviews from our guests that shape us to be the best we can be! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our property. Our Park and Stay package is available year round, so the next time you are flying out of Bellingham, just let us know!

We hope to see you again real soon!

Make it a Great Day!

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Duncan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have stayed at this Hotel three times and have never been dissapointed.
The staff will go out of their way to give you any kind of assistence that you require.
We also plan on staying there the next time we are in that area,we also left our vehicle there and used the shuttle to the airport,when we returned we also called and the shuttle came and picked us up and delivered us back to the Hotel.Excellant.

Room Tip: Ask the person at the desk for an upgrade if possible. Also try and get an inside room overlooking...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bruce M,

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your recent stays with us! I will make sure everyone gets a chance to see them! Next time you are in town, come try out our new menus at our restaurants, we are really excited about them!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Pulled in at 8pm after we had been driving all day. Had been on holidays for 3 weeks and had our share of good and bad hotels. This top them all. Good price, great service from a very friendly guy to check in (friendliest person at any hotel we stayed). Room was very clean. Bed was very comfy, good shower with proper hot water temp. Will stay here again if needed.

• Stayed January 2013
Jennp48,

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your latest visit with us! We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stay at this location about once a month for business. When you drive up to the hotel you will not be impressed by the exterior, but once you walk inside any concerns you have will be alleviated. The property is clean, the rooms are well appointed, and the staff is welcoming. The on site interested is pretty good as far as hotel restaurants go - you are in the Pacific Northwest, so order the salmon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
PricelineMaster-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us. I am happy to see for the most part, you enjoyed your stay.

I am concerned though about the ugly outside comment. Although you were happy with the inside and everything there, I want you to enjoy the whole property, inside or out. Our team is outside daily, and I was wondering what you would like to see improved.

Contact me at dana@bellingham-hotel.com or by phone at (360) 392-6550 and we can discuss further.

Look forward to taking care of you here in the near future!

Make it a Great Day!

Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I spent several nights yearly at the Lakeway and never have I had a bad stay. The property is clean, well maintained and always updated. When you first walk in you can help but notice the lobby staff welcoming you to the hotel. The room is well furnished and roomy, always get a good night sleep. The indoor pool and hot tub spa are always clean and a wonderful break to enjoy. The Poppe's bar is very nice and all the staff are very nice and give you the very best service. I will not stay anywhere else when I am in Bellingham, you need to check it out and you will know what I mean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Billy E,

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your recent and other recent stays with us! I am so glad you have enjoyed everything! Look for new menus premiering in our restaurants this month!

We look forward to taking care of you real soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We booked a night at this hotel as it looked decent and had received good reviews , the lobby was nice with a large waterfall by the staircase , we got up to our room and went to get in to the beds and as soon as I turned back the covers I knew we had a problem ! My daughters bed was covered in animal hair and long human hair and crumbs ! And my bed had black hair all over it and dirt ! It was so disgusting :( we slept on top of the comforter and I have bad asthma and the pet hair gave me an asthma attack at 3am :( I politely informed the lady at the front desk about it all in the morning and all she said was - ok I will have them chainge the sheets and do a total bed chainge when you leave ?!?! Seriously ? No compensation no real apology :( we will never stay here again or at a best western - I'm seriously grossed out and disappointed ! Hilton will get our business from now on ! If you want a clean bed look elsewhere

• Stayed January 2013
Faraways,

On behalf of the entire team here at the Lakeway Inn, we apologize for the condition of the room you stayed in. I want to assure you this is not the norm here and I will make sure this is taken care of and corrected imeadiately.

I do need some information from you and I would also like to discuss your stay further. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at dana@bellingham-hotel.com or by phone at 360-392-6550.

Again, I apologize for your room and we hope to see you again.

Director of Operations

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn? Share your experiences!