“Outstanding Find In Bellingham” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Bellingham
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Outstanding Find In Bellingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at the Lakeway Inn during a recent business trip to Bellingham, and I also hosted a meeting in their facilities as well. Hotel choices are not abundant in this beautiful Pacific Northwest town, however the Lakeway Inn is the only place I'd choose after my recent stay.

I'm not normally a Best Western kind of guy, but my company assured me that the staff here had been very accommodating on previous occasions.

The property is set back from the main street, creating a quiet environment. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and professional. The restaurant staff was equally as friendly...in fact super friendly. The meeting and banquet staff were attentive, present, and extremely accommodating to all of our requests.

My guest room (a King non-smoking) was very well appointed for a Best Western property, with semi-luxury bedding, and a comfortable nights rest. There was a mini-fridge and microwave. The bathroom was also well appointed with the usual amenities.

There is an indoor pool and spa, which I thought might cause a noise problem in the atrium type setting, however I was never once disturbed by any noise, and things seemed to "close up" at the pool area fairly early.

We had drinks at Poppes 360. The server was extremely nice, and the happy hour menu was great.

I would recommend this property for anyone visiting Bellingham!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
jbliv-

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay, and a big thanks for the kind words! I will make sure everyone on the team gets a chance to see them!

We hope to see you again real soon!

Happy Holidays and Make it a great day!

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Port Moody
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The room was clean and quiet. Front desk was helpful and friendly. At check-in I asked if breakfast was included the clerk said no but he'd give us two vouchers for a free breakfast. When I phoned a few days before arrival the clerk (Ed) was very helpful too. I'll stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Elizabeth-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us! I am glad to see you enjoyed it! I will make sure everyone gets a chance to see the comment, especially Ed.

Happy Holidays and Make it a great day!

Bellingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I live down the road from the hotel and was planning to treat the wife and kids on a nice stay in the hotel enjoying the spa and pool. This could only be enjoyed for the afternoon upon arrival as spa/pool maintenance was happening that same evening and following day. So the kids were very disaapointed on not being able to spend time in the pool and when I tried the "hot" spa, the water temperature was "somewhat warm", certainly not hot. None of this was mentioned upon reservation or check-in!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Alfred R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for the pool going down, but this was an emergency repair that was unforseen by the staff. During your stay the two drain covers had come loose and off inside the pool. Per regulations, we must shut down the pool and release water to put the covers back on. This is all for guests safety. Once the pool was refilled, we had to regulate the chlorine to meet requirements and this can take time to happen.

The pool is now re-open.

Feel free to call me direct at 360-392-6550 or by e-mail at dana@bellingham-hotel.com and we can discuss this further.

We hope to see you again and Happy Holidays!

Mercer Island, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. I brought my 4 kids and my dog, and we had a great nights sleep on the comfortable beds and quiet room. The staff was more than friendly, bringing us an extra rollout bed right away. The pool was the big hit with my kids. It's indoor and the hotel rooms are situated around it. The location was perfect-would definitely stay here again!

Mary M,

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us! We hope to see you again real soon and Happy Holidays!

Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I agreed to book a hotel for a girl's shopping weekend. My first time here; chose this hotel based on a "sale price" on Expedia. For what I paid, we were happy. A little surprised to discover no breakfast bar - but that was my own fault for booking through Expedia and not reading the fine print.

The beds were very comfy. The fridge was great for our wine and appys. The pool was nice on Friday Oops - Saturday night the pool was OFF LIMITS for maintenance. As my girlfriend said, "why couldn't they do this AFTER 10:00 pm when the pool closed?" Hot tub was open, but not the pool. Disappointing.

But the biggest disappointment was that the WiFi was not working. We had a tablet and 2 phones between us and from our room in the back corner we could not get anything to load up. We were in our rooms a lot. I phoned the front desk twice and was told that they would get maintenance to reboot the internet. When checking out on Sunday we sat in the lobby and had PERFECT reception. So, not too sure what the issue was. Were we in a 'dead zone'?

All in all, a nice place to stay. Very close to highway, but we did not notice the noise. But that might have been the deep sleep on the great bed (and the red wine?)
LOL

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
eak027-

Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent trip to Bellingham. We are glad, for the most part, you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the pool going down. This was an unforseen emergency repair that required draining the pool. We are so sorry this happened with this gloomy weather outside, we know a lot of people were looking forward to the indoor pool.

I am also disappointed that the wi-fi was not working. I will be following up with our IT team and make sure this corrected ASAP. There should be equal coverage no matter where you are in the building.

We hope to see you again real soon and make it a great day!

North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We chose the BW lakeway for its indoor pool facility which includes a hot stub, his and hers saunas, and a special kids pool that is 2 feet deep. Ona very cold night, this kept out son entertained and allowed him to move around and get exercise.

Despite the hotel being fully booked the night we were there. we never heard anyone during the night' only the side entrance which our room was near. The door was squeaky.

In any hotel of any class, I look for and appreciate the small things, like the tub drain not backing up (yes), a shower head high enough for me and my husband (yes), plenty of lighting in the room (yes), and it is easily accessible (yes), is there a fridge (yes) tos tore milk for our son and other beverages for us. The BW Lakeway met all these, and the room was still spacious. I had never been to Fred Meyer and was plesasntly surprised that we could walk over there from the hotel via a rear driveway connecting the two.

smac87,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again real soon!

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We have stayed here multiple times and really like it. Easy access off of the I-5 and the Fred Meyer store beside it is a hidden gem for excellent deals (moreso than Bellis Fair or the highly over-rated Seattle Premium Outlets in Tulalip). The Obo Cafe on site also very good, and my only negative is that I wish this B/W property offered a complimentary breaky as most of them do. Rooms fine and clean and internet & TV's work well. Staff friendly and location has a pool and hot tub so that is a bonus, and exercise room sufficient too. Worth considering for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Michelle-

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us! I will make sure everyone on staff gets a chance to see them!

Next time you are in town, we do offer rates that include breakfast. Just inquire with the front desk when making your reservation.

Have a happy Holiday season and make it a great day!

Best,

Director of Operations

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn? Share your experiences!