“Very good and enjoyable stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #10 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Calgary, Canada
“Very good and enjoyable stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed here after a loathsome night in another hotel. This hotel was like a breath of fresh air. Staff was friendly and our room appeared clean and spacious. Service was great!
We had a room service dinner, which we all enjoyed - it wasn't anything special but the food was tasty, well prepared and delivered with care.
The young man that delivered our meals noticed that we had two small kids and offered a playpen. We hadn't requested one because (for a change) we had our own but decided to take it. He brought it up a while later (to give us time to eat our dinners, very considerate). The only complaint (and this seems to be fairly common at hotels lately) was that bedding was not brought up with it. While I don't expect a blanket or pillow for a play pen, a sheet to cover the mattress part is, in my opinion, necessary.
The guest room was big and open - perfect for us. We had a king bed and what I assume was a pull out sofa. Our room was quiet (we were on the Fred Meyer side of the hotel). The bathroom was nice enough. Our coffee maker did have a used coffee pod still in it, which does make me question what other cleaning may have been overlooked, but the room did appear clean otherwise. The bed was a little on the soft side, but comfortable.
As other reviewers have mentioned the swimming pool is in a courtyard within the hotel. This did not bother us at all in the evening but in the morning we could hear people having fun in the pool while inside our second floor room. Our older son had enjoyed swimming in the pool the evening before and hearing people having fun in the pool while he was stuck getting ready to go was almost too much for him to bear! Even with the noise, the quiet times were adhered to and enforced by staff and I did not consider the noise to be a real problem.
Overall, a good place to stay - I'd stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I will make sure everyone gets a chance to see these comments. Thank you!

We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again real soon! Have a great rest of the summer!

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was my first stay and it was terrific! The staff was friendly and helpful, and had great knowledge about the area. The meeting I was there for was held in two very comfortable spaces with a nice atmosphere. The banquet staff was attentive and the food was very tasty. My guest room was very clean, the bathroom spotless, and the beds were extremely comfortable! Even with the windows open, it was very quiet. I would highly recommend this hotel and plan to return to the area for vacation and will definitely stay here again! Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the kind words, crystal d! We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again real soon! Have a great rest of the Summer.

Breckenridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed at the Best Western in Bellingham in June for a conference. The hotel rooms are very clean and spacious. The staff was amazing; friendly and welcoming upon check-in. They gave great referrals for places to eat in downtown. The food and service for our meetings was spectacular and the meeting space was comfy and quite from other events going on. I look forward to visiting the Lakeway Inn again in the future!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are so glad you enjoyed it and we hope to see you again real soon. Have a great rest of the summer!

Nor Cal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My company had their annual managers conference at this hotel and we were extremely pleased with the creative food and beverage and the very attentive staff. We would definitely recommend ti for anyone traveling to this beautiful part of the world and we will most certainly be back when we can spend more time

Room Tip: make sure you stop by the martini bar. Awesome
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your stay with us! We hope to see you again real soon and have a great Summer!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Lakeway Inn for 5 days and have never been to Bellingham. The restaurant breakfast was very good but service was extremely slow. One of our group had a dead fly in her coffee and it took several reminders to get a new cup. Our hotel room was substandard! Stains on carpet and stool in room. Tile in bathroom shower was mismatched and dirty with grout needing a good scrubbing. Also hotel does not give little lotions which I like to use for my hands. Bed coverings were old and in need of updating. I always stay at Hilton brands but they were booked during our time in Bellingham for good reason. Would not recommend this hotel. It is overpriced and in need of a good cleaning!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dana W, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Loretta, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience and I can assure you this has been brought up with all team members involved and will not be tolerated.

Our hotel has a designated Preventative Maintenance and Deep Cleaning program. All rooms are entered quarterly for this service. I will make sure your room is entered ASAP. The items you discussed are unacceptable and will be adjusted immediately.

When you get the chance, I would like to discuss your stay in more detail. Please contact me directly at (360) 392-6550 or by e-mail at dana@bellingham-hotel.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Once again, I apologize for your experience and let me assure you this is not the norm here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn and will not be tolerated.

We hope to give you another chance next time you are in Bellingham and have a great summer.

Best,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

I recently spent a night with my daughter at this hotel in early July. Upon arrival I felt like I was a VIP, the restraunt & front desk staff greeted us with huge smiles & a warm welcome. Right then I felt comfortable. The room was quiet & we enjoyed the in house movie channels. The only minor set back was we could hear the housekeepers in the morning complaining about a room where there had been untidy guests. Other than that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay & plan to go back soon.. Thank you staff for a pleasant & memorable time :)

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us! Here at the Lakeway Inn, we want to make sure this feels like your home away from home, and I am glad you experienced that.

Regarding the discussions by our housekeeping team, this has been brought up with our Director of Housekeeping to curb that talk. That is unacceptable and will not be tolerated on property.

We hope to see you again real soon and have a great summer!

Smithers, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We found this hotel to be inviting to travellers, with ample parking, and very conveniently located close to the I5 interstate. (by the way, with windows closed we could hear NO sound of the traffic). The staff was very helpful, and friendly. The restuarant on site had a nice menu, and very friendly staff.
We hope to be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us Peter, and we are glad you enjoyed your stay! Stay tuned for new menus coming very soon in conjunction with the Grand Re-Opening of Poppes 360! We look forward to seeing you next time.

Have a great summer!

Director of Operations

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Lakeway Inn? Share your experiences!