“superb experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anderson Creek Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bellingham
Anderson Creek Lodge
You added Anderson Creek Lodge to your Saves list
5602 Mission Road, Bellingham, WA 98226   |
Ranked #6 of 15 Bellingham B&B and Inns
Atlanta GA
“superb experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were so thankful for Sandra's kind care and management of this excellent property. This is a great place to get away from it all. We only wish we had been able to have more time here. It is well away from "civilization" so you have to plan ahead a bit for your meals. The room was quite nice; too bad the weather wasn't cold enough to light a fire in the fireplace. Breakfast was well planned and executed. Highly recommended. A bonus is the extra meeting room --- though the public rooms are large and very ranch-lodge-like. If it were possible, it would be a great place to bring an executive retreat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Anderson Creek Lodge for our 2-year anniversary. The service was excellent~ because we were the only ones who had booked there for the weekend, we were offered the suite instead of the room we had chosen for the same price! We spent our evening reading by the fireplace in a gorgeous sunken little area. In the morning, we were served an AMAZING Mediterranean quiche, yams, pumpkin bread, fresh fruit, and fresh squeezed juice... I couldn't believe how delicious it was and it was all home-made! The property is absolutely gorgeous, especially when it is sunny out. I couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate our anniversary~ I would recommend Anderson Creek Lodge to anyone and I will definitely be going there again!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

A young couple recently took ownership of this bed and breakfast. I'd say they're doing a good job so far. I would describe it as cozy, homey, and quaint. We stayed in a couples room downstairs with a patio door that opened to a hot tub right outside. The accommodations were relaxing, comfortable, and spacious. The breakfast was most definitely the highlight - southern cooking at its finest. We had stuffed french toast drizzled with raspberry sauce, smoothies, coffee, sausage and more. The wife is an extremely skilled cook.
Overall, it was perfect for a couples' getaway. We look forward to another opportunity to return!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
UK_Traveller019
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We booked this based on previous Tripadvisor recommendations, which were very enthusiastic, but I think it may have changed hands irecently and we were a bit disappointed. On the plus side the house itself is lovely with beautiful living areas and spacious comfortable rooms. You can help yourself to soft drinks and popcorn, and best of all was the lovely home cooked breakfast each morning (although we were offered no choice).
Drawbacks are that there is nowhere nearby to eat and no cooking facilities, so it's a 20-25 minute drive to Bellingham (and the same back) for any evening meal. The rooms are not serviced during the day and we were unfortunately (?) there during a heatwave where the lack of air conditioning made things very hot (even with a portable aircon in our bedroom). The hot tub was not working when we were there, and the fridge in our room needed fixing.
Some people may still enjoy this place, but we would choose to stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Retford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Only stayed 1 night on way up to Vancouver. Sandra made us very welcome and served a lovely breakfast with lots of fresh fruit.
Yes it's in the country and a drive to town for dinner but it's an easy drive and would not put us off staying again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fernley, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My mother, 9-year old daughter and I stayed for four nights here in July and it was fantastic.

It is not super-fancy so if that is your 'thing', this is not your place. If you like feeling at home in a comfortable environment, you will be at home here! While we did not hang out here too much because we were busy being tourists, you could easily hang out here as there are games to play and comfortable spots to kick up your feet and read a great book.

Sandra gave us apples to feed the llamas and food to feed the fish, which my daughter absolutely loved.

If you want to be in the center of everything, this is not your place. It is set about 15 minutes away from downtown Bellingham and is in the country. If I were splitting hairs, I would have liked it better about 5 minutes closer to town. So if you could just move the entire place, I would appreciate it!

Since there is no lunch or dinner, you have to either make plans to have food with you (small fridge in the room) or go into town and eat.

We absolutely LOVED our time here and Sandra is very nice, helpful and cooked us the most wonderful breakfast each day. Do not, DO NOT, take a discount on the room and skip breakfast. Just trust me on this.

FYI - not ADA compliant if that is an issue for you.

Thank you Sandra for such a wonderful stay. We will be coming back to see you!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I (or rather my daughter who works for AAA) couldn't have picked a better place to relax and contemplate where it is I was going and what it is I was going to do with my life. The Anderson Creek Lodge was just the place that my soul has been yearning for many years, especially after a rough and rocky 4 years of dealing with a divorce, working full-time and graduate school. For those skeptics the lodge is beautiful, comfortable, quiet, and relaxing. My bedroom overlooked the rooftop, which beyond were dense trees that provided me with the privacy I needed. I thoroughly enjoyed Mary's delicious cooking, and greatly appreciate her attentiveness in accommodating my gluten-free vegetarian diet. As a note, Mary is such a sweet, uplifting soul whom I am so grateful to have met. Being that there were no other reservation holders at the time, I spent 2 full hours hanging out by myself in the jacuzzi. All in all, my only regret during my time at Anderson Creek is that I didn't bring my goulashes and spend enough time exploring the property collecting wildflowers, dipping my feet into the creek, walking the many trails, trying my hands at gardening in the green house, and feeding the llamas. Thank you, Mary, for making my stay so very wonderfully amazingly memorable!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a place that is walking distant to town or near nightlife look elsewhere...