“Perfect couples getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anderson Creek Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bellingham
Anderson Creek Lodge
You added Anderson Creek Lodge to your Saves list
5602 Mission Road, Bellingham, WA 98226   |
Ranked #6 of 15 Bellingham B&B and Inns
Irvine, California
“Perfect couples getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

A young couple recently took ownership of this bed and breakfast. I'd say they're doing a good job so far. I would describe it as cozy, homey, and quaint. We stayed in a couples room downstairs with a patio door that opened to a hot tub right outside. The accommodations were relaxing, comfortable, and spacious. The breakfast was most definitely the highlight - southern cooking at its finest. We had stuffed french toast drizzled with raspberry sauce, smoothies, coffee, sausage and more. The wife is an extremely skilled cook.
Overall, it was perfect for a couples' getaway. We look forward to another opportunity to return!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
UK_Traveller019
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We booked this based on previous Tripadvisor recommendations, which were very enthusiastic, but I think it may have changed hands irecently and we were a bit disappointed. On the plus side the house itself is lovely with beautiful living areas and spacious comfortable rooms. You can help yourself to soft drinks and popcorn, and best of all was the lovely home cooked breakfast each morning (although we were offered no choice).
Drawbacks are that there is nowhere nearby to eat and no cooking facilities, so it's a 20-25 minute drive to Bellingham (and the same back) for any evening meal. The rooms are not serviced during the day and we were unfortunately (?) there during a heatwave where the lack of air conditioning made things very hot (even with a portable aircon in our bedroom). The hot tub was not working when we were there, and the fridge in our room needed fixing.
Some people may still enjoy this place, but we would choose to stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Retford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Only stayed 1 night on way up to Vancouver. Sandra made us very welcome and served a lovely breakfast with lots of fresh fruit.
Yes it's in the country and a drive to town for dinner but it's an easy drive and would not put us off staying again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fernley, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My mother, 9-year old daughter and I stayed for four nights here in July and it was fantastic.

It is not super-fancy so if that is your 'thing', this is not your place. If you like feeling at home in a comfortable environment, you will be at home here! While we did not hang out here too much because we were busy being tourists, you could easily hang out here as there are games to play and comfortable spots to kick up your feet and read a great book.

Sandra gave us apples to feed the llamas and food to feed the fish, which my daughter absolutely loved.

If you want to be in the center of everything, this is not your place. It is set about 15 minutes away from downtown Bellingham and is in the country. If I were splitting hairs, I would have liked it better about 5 minutes closer to town. So if you could just move the entire place, I would appreciate it!

Since there is no lunch or dinner, you have to either make plans to have food with you (small fridge in the room) or go into town and eat.

We absolutely LOVED our time here and Sandra is very nice, helpful and cooked us the most wonderful breakfast each day. Do not, DO NOT, take a discount on the room and skip breakfast. Just trust me on this.

FYI - not ADA compliant if that is an issue for you.

Thank you Sandra for such a wonderful stay. We will be coming back to see you!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I (or rather my daughter who works for AAA) couldn't have picked a better place to relax and contemplate where it is I was going and what it is I was going to do with my life. The Anderson Creek Lodge was just the place that my soul has been yearning for many years, especially after a rough and rocky 4 years of dealing with a divorce, working full-time and graduate school. For those skeptics the lodge is beautiful, comfortable, quiet, and relaxing. My bedroom overlooked the rooftop, which beyond were dense trees that provided me with the privacy I needed. I thoroughly enjoyed Mary's delicious cooking, and greatly appreciate her attentiveness in accommodating my gluten-free vegetarian diet. As a note, Mary is such a sweet, uplifting soul whom I am so grateful to have met. Being that there were no other reservation holders at the time, I spent 2 full hours hanging out by myself in the jacuzzi. All in all, my only regret during my time at Anderson Creek is that I didn't bring my goulashes and spend enough time exploring the property collecting wildflowers, dipping my feet into the creek, walking the many trails, trying my hands at gardening in the green house, and feeding the llamas. Thank you, Mary, for making my stay so very wonderfully amazingly memorable!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a place that is walking distant to town or near nightlife look elsewhere...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Port Angeles, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We spent two nights at the lodge. Our party of four included my 89-year-old mother. It was a perfect setting for her, and us, to spend time in between the hectic activities of a high school graduation and celebratory luau. The two days of rain were very tolerable for Mom and her sister who made use of the lounge for playing cards, reading and watching birds in the surrounding gardens. Sandra went out of her way to make us all, and particularly Mom, comfortable. Coffee and other beverages were available throughout the day and she provided two separate breakfasts to meet our needs. The meals were very good, particularly the egg cheese souffle. We would definitely recommend the lodge whether for a quiet weekend or as a convenient staging point a weekend full of activities.

Room Tip: The downstairs room (in the back...can't remember the name) was very convenient for a person wit...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Enumclaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We found Anderson Creek Lodge to be a lovely, peaceful place with many small, thoughtful touches. Tea, candies, soda, and bottled water were available 24/7. There was an immense bookcase of movies and books to enjoy in the cozy great room. Mary was very attentive and served us warm brownies with whipped cream in the afternoon. We were delighted by our pastoral walk to Anderson Creek and around the 65-acre property, which is pastureland surrounded by woods. Breakfast was everything we could ask for-- blueberry coffeecake, fruit, juice, coffee/tea, and eggs with ham, cheese, sweet potatoes, asparagus, and spinach. Delicious! It is located about 15 minutes from town, so if you are looking for a rural retreat, this is it. If you are wanting an urban adventure, you might prefer something closer in. We would love to come back in the winter and snuggle up in the sunken living room in front of the fire. This is a lovely place for a romantic weekend, a small wedding, or a small retreat.

Room Tip: Try them all! We were in the Cascade Room. It was roomy and had a fireplace. We saw the San Juan sui...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
andersoncreek, Manager at Anderson Creek Lodge, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thanks for your kind words! You were wonderful guests! We had a great group of guests while you were here. It was fun hearing the hum of your lively breakfast conversation and laughter while I was cooking.
Mary Knight, Interim Innkeeper for Sandra Gee Brooks

Been to Anderson Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!