“BEWARE AND HEED THESE WORDS” 1 of 5 stars

Cascade Inn
208 North Samish Way, Bellingham, WA 98225   |
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Bellingham
Vancouver, Canada
“BEWARE AND HEED THESE WORDS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Oh boy. Where does one begin. A short stopover and place to lay our heads for a quick rest turned into a nightmare stay. Yes, this is an inexpensive two star motel and yes we were willing to forego some luxury to grab a quick nap along our journey, but in all honesty this place is not fit to be inhabited and should be shut down. These owners do not care, and are clearly running it into the ground.

Besides feeling like I was checking-in to a prison with the dishevelled night clerk behind glass, the motel had broken windows, fans haphazardly attached to windows, garbage and items that the owners were hoarding clearly spilling over from one of the units and out into the parking lot. The rooms were disgusting, with burns on furniture, holes and tears in sheets, and pillows that were from the 60’s; flatter than pancakes and as yellow as the wallpaper itself.

Additionally, they advertise free wi-fi. None of the routers actually work. When I inquired twice about why this was not working, the aggressive male owner was quick to dismiss me and accused me that I didn't know what I was doing, and that the WIFI worked fine. I assure you, I know how to hook up a router and connect my phone to Wifi.

Lastly, when we left a nice picnic bag, ice pack, and a glass corning ware dish behind in the room, we decided to pick it up on our way back through town not more than 48 hours later. When we approached the desk, before we even explained what was left, we were told that the items were thrown away and no, we were not allowed to go look for the items where they were discarded. Since the items were brand new, we are sure we know where these ended up.

This place is disgusting and if you go against our advice and decide to go; please sleep in a sleeping bag and bring a pillow. *shutter*

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business

Been to Cascade Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Cascade Inn

Address: 208 North Samish Way, Bellingham, WA 98225
Location: United States > Washington > Bellingham
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Bellingham
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cascade Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Cascade Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.