“My 4th Outstanding Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Bay City Motor Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   116 North Samish Way, Bellingham, WA 98225   |
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Bellingham
Jensen Beach, FL
“My 4th Outstanding Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

I just returned from my 4th extended stay at the Bay City Motor Inn. And my experiences there seem to get better and better each year. My room was clean and in good shape as always. The staff was even friendlier and more helpful than ever. I feel like it is my
second home. The motel is family owned and operated. And the owner and his family make me feel like one of the family. My only regret is that I could not stay longer. Maybe next year!
In these tough economic times, we are all looking for the best value for our money. I can't imagine that there is any better lodging value in Bellingham than the Bay City..

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Wash.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

I work construction in the area from time to time, I was first introduced to Bay City Motor Inn about three years ago. Rooms are spacious,very homey for(for a motel,very nice), access to serveral places to dine,(fast food and resturants, gas stations, grocery store down the street.) Pay by day, week, or month,very clean, all nessecery channels of television you would want,if your stay is short or long. As for myself, if I land a job 30-40 miles away from this motel, this is the place I'd choose to stay, you can't go wrong !!!

• Liked — Service,Price,Access
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

This was a great motel. The rooms were clean, it's quiet, and the service was great. The owner was very kind and so were all the employees. I had a three day stay and the rooms were for a vairly good price. There is a Haggens only a five minute walk away and lots of restraunts nearby. Overall, i had a great stay and if I ever need a place to stay, I'd definitely come back to Bay City Motor Inn.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
puget sound, washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

My mother and I were traveling to Whistler and used Bellingham for a 1-night stopover. Every other place we'd stopped at was sold-out, even the Motel 6 (an ominous sign unto itself). I paid $119 for a king bed/jacuzzi room. The jacuzzi didn't work, a bedside lamp was nonfunctional, the in-room fridge didn't work, ditto the air conditioning. We hardly slept at all that night and checked out super early. Perhaps that's because we got somebody else's wake-up call by mistake at 4:45 am!!! I was never so glad to get out of a place in all my life, this includes basic training when I served in the military!
I told the front desk guy about all the room issues when we checked out. His reply? "Well, that's not my problem!" I took this up with my credit card company and they went to bat for me. The owner was obstinate, making excuses for the room's problems, i.e., we didn't plug the lamp or fridge in....Hello?!?! Who would work against their own best interest in such a way? Ridiculous! The credit card company gave us the refund out of their pocket. Never thought I'd see the day when I'd cheer corporate over the small-business owner, but there you have it...

• Stayed July 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank rainyisle

Travelers are raving about these Bellingham hotels

Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

I had a confirmed room reservation at this hotel for the RSVP (popular bike ride from Seattle to Vancouver in Aug 2009). I think the owner realized his hotel was on the bike route and decided to gouge his patrons. I received a phone call notifying me that the room rate was being raised from $75 to $175 for that date only. I'm not sure how the hotel can do this but I think it's very unethical.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank LAH65
Whitehorse, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

A relative used Trip Advisor to check out the reviews (as usual) for me as I was on the road, and we picked this one based on the reviews, star rating, and price, so I didn't book ahead online. When I got here, I was pleased to find out that the price for the room was much less than quoted on the TA website. The price was so low, in fact, that I checked the room out before committing to it, and it was just fine. I would say that the 3 1/2 star TA rating is accurate, and the front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating.
This is a good place to stay at a very good price, kind of like Super 8 used to be.

• Liked — value; lots of restaurants within walking distance (1-2 blocks); easy access to I-5
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2008

I got a room in the basement for a month and I liked the room. I had one queen size bed. The TV was huge and I liked that. I had a microwave and a mini fridge.

The bathroom had new tiles and was clean. The room had decent towels. The maids vacumed, made beds, and gave me the towels back usually they came around 2-4ish. I liked the air conditioning during the summer. They have free internet in my room which worked good.

The noise level is always monitored by the owners and the front desk people. If anything annoyed me I just make one call and a few minutes later it would be good. The people who stayed there were pretty nice to. There have been people that have been staying there for years.

The breakfast is coffee which is almost always available, muffins usually three different types bought from Costco I think. They have apple juice and orange juice. I like the apple juice.. the orange juice tastes funny.

Right across from the inn is arbys and popeyes and so much more little places to eat around there. They have a cool athletic store next door. They have back parking lot and front parking lot.
So either way if you like it private you can park the car in the back .

• Liked — Wireless Internet
  • Disliked — orange juice
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business