“I loved my room. I wish I could stay there again...” 5 of 5 stars

Bay City Motor Inn
116 North Samish Way, Bellingham, WA 98225   |
Ranked #17 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Seattle, WA
“I loved my room. I wish I could stay there again...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

I got a room in the basement for a month and I liked the room. I had one queen size bed. The TV was huge and I liked that. I had a microwave and a mini fridge.

The bathroom had new tiles and was clean. The room had decent towels. The maids vacumed, made beds, and gave me the towels back usually they came around 2-4ish. I liked the air conditioning during the summer. They have free internet in my room which worked good.

The noise level is always monitored by the owners and the front desk people. If anything annoyed me I just make one call and a few minutes later it would be good. The people who stayed there were pretty nice to. There have been people that have been staying there for years.

The breakfast is coffee which is almost always available, muffins usually three different types bought from Costco I think. They have apple juice and orange juice. I like the apple juice.. the orange juice tastes funny.

Right across from the inn is arbys and popeyes and so much more little places to eat around there. They have a cool athletic store next door. They have back parking lot and front parking lot.
So either way if you like it private you can park the car in the back .

• Liked — Wireless Internet
  • Disliked — orange juice
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
rteala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

nice clean room stayed for a month, did not have any problems with any thing missing, staff was real nice .
secure parking in rear of building. need better muffins

• Liked — close to lots of resturants
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bellevue, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

Spent just one night there. We were on our way from Seattle to Canada, and needed a cheap place to sleep. I called the property to make a reservation since I could not find any online reservation system on their web site. When we got there, they could not find our name in their reservation book (high tech, huh?), even though we had a confirmation number. They had a vacancy, so it was not a problem (we got a phone call one month later asking what time we were going to show up. Apparently they put our name on Aug page not July).

People at front desk were very friendly. The hotel has free wifi in room, which was great. The hotel building is pretty old, very Motel-ish. We are not picky, so we did not mind.

The biggest problem was that the walls are SUPER thin so you can hear people walking, taking shower, cars zooming by - EVERYTHING. I am such a light sleeper, so I just could not sleep! I had to turn my laptop on and listen to music to sleep.

Breakfast they offer was terrible. Sorry, I have to be honest. They only had several huge chocolate muffins (very heavy), and TERRRIBLE TERRIBLE coffee. I had never had such a bad-tasting coffee. Their orange juice tested very artifitial. We had to buy something else for our kids. NOT HEALTHY.

There are many fast food joints around the hotel. There is a big supermarket Hagan nearby (Starbucks inside).

We will probably try somewhere else next time.

• Liked — Location, friendly staff members
  • Disliked — Noise, food & coffee they offer at lobby
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northern California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

I stayed here while visiting my son at the nearby university. The price was great ($65), but I am not going back. The motel room was dirty! I pulled back the bedspread and the blanket had hair and dirt on it. The carpet was stained and disgusting, the window did not have a screen, and the bathroom grout was dirty. I had a room on the bottom floor, and the owners kept both outside entrances to the motel open all the time. I did not feel safe knowing anyone could just walk into the hotel.

The AC unit on the wall was noisy, but I could not open the window because I was on the first floor and their was no screen. Even if there was a screen I would not feel save having it open. I requested no maid service (my computer was in the room), but someone came in and took all my towels, and left me with none. I had to go ask for new towels.

The breakfast is a joke. A small dinner plate with some muffins cut in four, and juice. I will spend a little extra money and stay somewhere else. Feel free to ask me any questions.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Victoria, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2006

Decided to spend a night in the Bellingham area and checked out Trip Advisor for accommodation. Was looking for something cheap and clean - this place fit the bill. The bathroom was spotless, the room was clean (king bed with a small seating area), friendly staff and the price was right ($55). The room was quiet and we had a good night's sleep. The only negative was a strong smell from the carpet freshener that was used in the rooms. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Bay City Motor Inn? Share your experiences!