“1 overnite stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Cumming, Georgia, United States
“1 overnite stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

They advertise AAA and Senior discount but when asked for it they "claim" the rate was "prediscounted". Asked for a cash discount, non offered. Should have "voted" with my foot by going elsewhere but I like to support sole proprietorships over chains because they have "management" flexibility. This family run business was inflexible and I now understand when a previous poster asked if he could leave his bags for the day, that they would not allow him unless he paid for a room. I'd look elsewhere just based on their mgmt. Family run managers like this really don't deserve the business unless you are in a pinch for a room. I'd go with a chain. The business is showing its age, stay was quiet and reasonably comfortable otherwise.

Room Tip: I'd ask for room towards the back to get away from the cooking odors from the resident manager c...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed this past weekend with my husband and two children. The staff was friendly and helpful. The bathroom was beautiful with the ceramic tile. The room was clean and smelled good. The furniture looks like it has been replaced recently. We got a good night sleep and the kids loved the continental breakfast. I really appreciated that the muffins were pre-cut this made it so my kids did not waste a whole one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My family and I were very pleased with the Bay City Motor Inn. The front desk was very helpful with resturant recomendations and other activities to do. The Motel was very clean, quiet and ooh the beds were wonderful!! Thanks Bay City for your friendly hospitality.

The Andersons of Salem Oregon

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Yah I'm with Bruce on this one. The beds were horrible and we all ended up not sleeping and unable to walk the next day. The kids even complained how bad the beds were. The sheets didn't fit the bed and kept coming off so we were sleeping on the bare mattress...gross! In the morning our continential breakfast didnt exist but a couple pieces of fruit and a couple muffins. They couldnt even splurge for real creamer for the coffee so at 7am I packed the kids up and drove to a restaurant. Not my idea of fun when its cold and slippery. Next time I'm staying up by the airport and not worrying about being close to the university.

Room Tip: stay up by meridian or airport
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

bay city motor in is a great place to stay. They have comfortable rooms and very great service. the people get there within five minutes of me calling. they are kind and clean people i have enjoyed my stay to this present day. there is lots of places to eat within walking distance of the motel. theres not a lot of traffic in and out of the motel wich is good if you like quiet. there is no drug activity in the motel. the staff is kind and generous. i plan to make the next for months of my stay the most of it

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is very comfortable and clean. The rooms are spacious and quiet and the bed was comfortable. Very easy access to WWU. They owners were particularly aupportive and helpful when my daughter needed a safe place to stay suddenly for a week.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
West Seattle, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Do not believe any good reviews of this motel- it's totally disgusting! My worst nightmare-bed bugs! When I called the front desk to tell them what I had found they said the owner would be there in 5 minutes. I waited for about 30 minutes then told the front desk agent that I had to leave. He took my cell number and said the owner would call me. But did that ever happen? Of course not. He didn't even bother to call me and apologize and refund my money. It's the worst motel ever with horrible customer service. Do not stay here. There are many motels/hotels in Bellingham that are so much better.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bay City Motor Inn? Share your experiences!