“Happy Stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Salem, Oregon
“Happy Stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My family and I were very pleased with the Bay City Motor Inn. The front desk was very helpful with resturant recomendations and other activities to do. The Motel was very clean, quiet and ooh the beds were wonderful!! Thanks Bay City for your friendly hospitality.

The Andersons of Salem Oregon

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Yah I'm with Bruce on this one. The beds were horrible and we all ended up not sleeping and unable to walk the next day. The kids even complained how bad the beds were. The sheets didn't fit the bed and kept coming off so we were sleeping on the bare mattress...gross! In the morning our continential breakfast didnt exist but a couple pieces of fruit and a couple muffins. They couldnt even splurge for real creamer for the coffee so at 7am I packed the kids up and drove to a restaurant. Not my idea of fun when its cold and slippery. Next time I'm staying up by the airport and not worrying about being close to the university.

Room Tip: stay up by meridian or airport
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

bay city motor in is a great place to stay. They have comfortable rooms and very great service. the people get there within five minutes of me calling. they are kind and clean people i have enjoyed my stay to this present day. there is lots of places to eat within walking distance of the motel. theres not a lot of traffic in and out of the motel wich is good if you like quiet. there is no drug activity in the motel. the staff is kind and generous. i plan to make the next for months of my stay the most of it

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is very comfortable and clean. The rooms are spacious and quiet and the bed was comfortable. Very easy access to WWU. They owners were particularly aupportive and helpful when my daughter needed a safe place to stay suddenly for a week.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
West Seattle, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Do not believe any good reviews of this motel- it's totally disgusting! My worst nightmare-bed bugs! When I called the front desk to tell them what I had found they said the owner would be there in 5 minutes. I waited for about 30 minutes then told the front desk agent that I had to leave. He took my cell number and said the owner would call me. But did that ever happen? Of course not. He didn't even bother to call me and apologize and refund my money. It's the worst motel ever with horrible customer service. Do not stay here. There are many motels/hotels in Bellingham that are so much better.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Muensingen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were in this room only to sleep, and went elsewhere for breakfast. It was a decent room at a good price, which is just what we wanted. Anything better would have cost more money, and would have been overkill for the time we spent there. I would rate it as "good," but, surprisingly, that isn't available in the overall rating above.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
White Rock, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I were in Bellingham in August 2012 and chose this motel as it had received good reviews from Trip Advisor. We wanted clean and basic accommodation and this motel turned out to be just what we were looking for. Check-in was efficient and we were given a room on the ground floor. The lobby was spotless and there was a CCTV in the front desk area monitoring the hallways on all the floors. When we remarked on this, we were told that guest safety is a priority for them. The parking lots both in front and in the rear are well-lit adding to our feeling of safety in case we needed to grab a last-minute item from our car.
This motor inn is on a fairly busy street, however our room was very quiet. It is near the freeway and close to the Fairhaven district and in the other direction, it is close to the waterfront (Bellehaven) area.
Our room was very clean and was air-conditioned, the bed was comfortable enough, the TV was basic and worked and there was a hair dryer in the bathroom. In the morning they serve a continental breakfast in the lobby, cereal, muffins and fruit. The milk for the cereal is kept in a refrigerator beside the cereal so it is nice and cold. Juice and coffee is also available and the counters by the continental breakfast are kept spotlessly clean.
On the downside, this place takes going green a little too seriously. Our biggest issue was the energy-saving lightbulbs that have been demonstrated to be a potential health-hazzard. The bars of soap they provide are so tiny they are barely enough for two people for a one night stay. Lamps and the fridge are unplugged and one has to crawl around behind the furniture to plug them back in (the area behind these appliances, happily, were very clean).
I would recommend this place for solo female travellers, business travellers and others looking for a safe, clean place for the night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bay City Motor Inn? Share your experiences!