My husband and I were in Bellingham in August 2012 and chose this motel as it had received good reviews from Trip Advisor. We wanted clean and basic accommodation and this motel turned out to be just what we were looking for. Check-in was efficient and we were given a room on the ground floor. The lobby was spotless and there was a CCTV in the front desk area monitoring the hallways on all the floors. When we remarked on this, we were told that guest safety is a priority for them. The parking lots both in front and in the rear are well-lit adding to our feeling of safety in case we needed to grab a last-minute item from our car.
This motor inn is on a fairly busy street, however our room was very quiet. It is near the freeway and close to the Fairhaven district and in the other direction, it is close to the waterfront (Bellehaven) area.
Our room was very clean and was air-conditioned, the bed was comfortable enough, the TV was basic and worked and there was a hair dryer in the bathroom. In the morning they serve a continental breakfast in the lobby, cereal, muffins and fruit. The milk for the cereal is kept in a refrigerator beside the cereal so it is nice and cold. Juice and coffee is also available and the counters by the continental breakfast are kept spotlessly clean.
On the downside, this place takes going green a little too seriously. Our biggest issue was the energy-saving lightbulbs that have been demonstrated to be a potential health-hazzard. The bars of soap they provide are so tiny they are barely enough for two people for a one night stay. Lamps and the fridge are unplugged and one has to crawl around behind the furniture to plug them back in (the area behind these appliances, happily, were very clean).
I would recommend this place for solo female travellers, business travellers and others looking for a safe, clean place for the night.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.