“I'll pass next time!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Bellevue, Washington
“I'll pass next time!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Yah I'm with Bruce on this one. The beds were horrible and we all ended up not sleeping and unable to walk the next day. The kids even complained how bad the beds were. The sheets didn't fit the bed and kept coming off so we were sleeping on the bare mattress...gross! In the morning our continential breakfast didnt exist but a couple pieces of fruit and a couple muffins. They couldnt even splurge for real creamer for the coffee so at 7am I packed the kids up and drove to a restaurant. Not my idea of fun when its cold and slippery. Next time I'm staying up by the airport and not worrying about being close to the university.

Room Tip: stay up by meridian or airport
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

bay city motor in is a great place to stay. They have comfortable rooms and very great service. the people get there within five minutes of me calling. they are kind and clean people i have enjoyed my stay to this present day. there is lots of places to eat within walking distance of the motel. theres not a lot of traffic in and out of the motel wich is good if you like quiet. there is no drug activity in the motel. the staff is kind and generous. i plan to make the next for months of my stay the most of it

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is very comfortable and clean. The rooms are spacious and quiet and the bed was comfortable. Very easy access to WWU. They owners were particularly aupportive and helpful when my daughter needed a safe place to stay suddenly for a week.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
West Seattle, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Do not believe any good reviews of this motel- it's totally disgusting! My worst nightmare-bed bugs! When I called the front desk to tell them what I had found they said the owner would be there in 5 minutes. I waited for about 30 minutes then told the front desk agent that I had to leave. He took my cell number and said the owner would call me. But did that ever happen? Of course not. He didn't even bother to call me and apologize and refund my money. It's the worst motel ever with horrible customer service. Do not stay here. There are many motels/hotels in Bellingham that are so much better.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Muensingen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were in this room only to sleep, and went elsewhere for breakfast. It was a decent room at a good price, which is just what we wanted. Anything better would have cost more money, and would have been overkill for the time we spent there. I would rate it as "good," but, surprisingly, that isn't available in the overall rating above.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
White Rock, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I were in Bellingham in August 2012 and chose this motel as it had received good reviews from Trip Advisor. We wanted clean and basic accommodation and this motel turned out to be just what we were looking for. Check-in was efficient and we were given a room on the ground floor. The lobby was spotless and there was a CCTV in the front desk area monitoring the hallways on all the floors. When we remarked on this, we were told that guest safety is a priority for them. The parking lots both in front and in the rear are well-lit adding to our feeling of safety in case we needed to grab a last-minute item from our car.
This motor inn is on a fairly busy street, however our room was very quiet. It is near the freeway and close to the Fairhaven district and in the other direction, it is close to the waterfront (Bellehaven) area.
Our room was very clean and was air-conditioned, the bed was comfortable enough, the TV was basic and worked and there was a hair dryer in the bathroom. In the morning they serve a continental breakfast in the lobby, cereal, muffins and fruit. The milk for the cereal is kept in a refrigerator beside the cereal so it is nice and cold. Juice and coffee is also available and the counters by the continental breakfast are kept spotlessly clean.
On the downside, this place takes going green a little too seriously. Our biggest issue was the energy-saving lightbulbs that have been demonstrated to be a potential health-hazzard. The bars of soap they provide are so tiny they are barely enough for two people for a one night stay. Lamps and the fridge are unplugged and one has to crawl around behind the furniture to plug them back in (the area behind these appliances, happily, were very clean).
I would recommend this place for solo female travellers, business travellers and others looking for a safe, clean place for the night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I apologize in advance for the length of this review, but it is necessary to include all of the details you will want to know. I booked a suprise weekend getaway in Bellingham for my husband and I to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. I had booked a whale watching tour so I was basing the trip around that! I had done several searches online to find hotels, and ended up having to book at this hotel due to price and availability for that weekend. I also had to book two seperate rooms for the weekend. I was looking to spend an average $130 or so per night.
So we show up to check in on Friday night around 9:30 pm. From the outside it looked a bit seedy, and there were a number of guys hanging around the parking lot drinking beers, but I like to think positively, so I didn't judge the book by its cover. My husband and I got our room, complete with a mini fridge and jacuzzi tub. The first thing I notice when we walk in and unload our things is that there are hardly any lights in the room, but mainly in the bathroom area above the tub. This makes me quite suspicious so I go to my purse to pull out a mini flashlight to inspect the tub. In the process I notice a very large body smudge print on the mirror in the room, and that the fridge is not plugged in! Being that is was our first anniversary, I had traditionally brought the top of our cake to eat the next night, so naturally we needed a cold fridge to put the cake in!
As I went to inspect the tub, I found that the entire thing was covered in soap scum!! Not only was there no lighting in that area for the normal eye to see this, the tub was black, so as to hide it I guess!! Now let me mention the hotel only has 3 tub suites, so you think they would keep them clean!!
I of course head right back to the front desk to complain. He says he has another tub room, but when he goes to show us, it is clearly a smoking room, which he claimed not to know, and we couldn't stay in it. He offers us a full refund, but at this point its nearly 10pm and I wasn't going to chance not getting a room at all, so we decided to stay. This room was $130, so I told him I wanted to pay only $95, the regular room price, because I did not feel I should have to pay for a tub that we couldn't even use. He tells me he had to call the manager and will call our room in 5-10 mins. When he calls he said the manager will only give me $10 off the next nights stay. I tried to Rgue my point but it didn't work so I just accepted it.
As my husband and I try to go to sleep we discover that the pillows are literally paper thin, and the sheets don't even fit the mattress properly so they kept popping off onto out heads. My husband called for more pillows and was to it would be about 5-10 mins. After and hour, and my husband going to the desk to try to get them, we finally got l the extra pillows!
In the morning, as we made out way to the lobby, I noticed the room next to us being cleaned, but no cleaning cart! Quite a cause for concern after the nightwear had last night! So we check out and look over the provided breakfast (that was included in the price when I booked the room). We were very dissappointed, the breakfast consisted of quartered Costco chocolate muffins, juice, Cheerios, coffee, and milk. So needless to say we went else where to eat. As we were out for breakfast I realized that the same guy from the night before had not given me back my $10 key deposit. My husband called and was told we would get it when we came back that night.
My husband and I decided we really didn't want to stay there another night after the experience we had. We both felt like we couldn't touch anything b/c the whole room just seemed dirty, and we wanted to celebrate comfortably. So, on our way back from the whale watching we decided to stop at Days Inn, which was just down the road, to see if they had anything. It was 110% better just in the lobby appearance. We asked them to hold a room for us just so we could ensure we could cancel our room at Bay City. When we arrive there the man who I'd dealt with the night. Score was outside, his daughter and wife at the desk. I told them I wanted to cancel the reservation and the woman immediately became very rude with me. They took us to show us our new room and i found white powdery substance on the night stand! Im sorry but if whom ever is doing the cleaning cant even be bothered to dust the night stands, how can i be assured that anything in the room is clean!I basically ended up having it out with her and her husband, b/c they didn't want to cancel the room, and after being told that the state of their rooms, and the consequence of not finding them acceptable to stay in (if I got the refund and ended up without a room the night before) we're not their problem, and that I was the only person to ever complain, I let them know I had taken pics of the room and planned to post them with a review of their terrible rooms and customer service. FINALLY after that they agreed to cancel my stay, give me my $20 and let me leave!
He also claimed that all of the hotels in he area were the same as theirs, and that the Days Inn was no better!! Not true!! The Days Inn was amazing in comparison!!
So although I will say they did finally let me cancel (b/c I think he didn't want me to post this review) that was about the only positive experience we had at this place, and I literally had to fight to get it!! Needless to say I want to save anyone else from the same horrible experience we went through!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Bay City Motor Inn? Share your experiences!