“Another excellent stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Bellingham
Jensen Beach, FL
“Another excellent stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I recently returned from my 6th annual extended stay at the Bay City. I am pleased to report that it was another excellent one. The owner Lucky and his family and the other staff were as friendly and helpful as ever. The motel is clean and well-maintained. It is a wonderful value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bellingham, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

First off, I liked the room I had stayed in. I have been homeless for a month in a half, and it felt great having a bed and a place to take showers. The beds are nice and soft, bathroom is alright. Floors and walls are clean, though with old stains here and there. Though my room never came with 2 items, make sure that you ask the lobby for the items if they aren't present. The two items was at first was a alarm clock and a hair dryer.
There was a incident with my DO NOT DISTURB sign, the sign had disappeared from my door when I was sleeping. When I called the lobby the first time the young ladys weren't any help.
I enjoy the politeness of the adult workers but I didn't appreciate that one call to the lobby from the young workers.
The entertainment (television) has good channels, going through local Comcast, and also giving HBO and Showtime with the rooms is great. Entertainment outside of Inn is all around, fairhaven is just down the road. Theres a Haggens near, several restuarants near as well. The only thing that I don't like is the internet service is DSL, and each time I try to watch videos or download something, anything. It disconnects and sometimes only reconnects when I restart my laptop. I know it's not my laptop, I connected and was online for over a hour at Mcdonalds and various other locations. Overall, it's a nice place. Though I would upgrade the internet to something else.

I personally wont be back for awhile, maybe later on in the fall or winter.

Room Tip: Need to be direct, or clear on instructions.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

This is a decent motel. The room was clean, the beds a little saggy but not bad. Staff was very friendly, wifi worked well. Breakfast was coffee, juice, muffins and cereal.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Bellingham is the perfect weekend getaway and this hotel was perfect for our budget. We were able to access our favorite parks and restaurants with a quick drive to either downtown or fairhaven. The hotel was quiet, had a really comfortable bed, clean bathroom and friendly service. Free internet!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

My son and I stayed here recently prior to a visit to Western Washington University (5 minutes away). Our room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the shower was nice and tall for those of us over 5'10". The owner brought out food for us even though we were late for the continental breakfast, and stayed to chat about the City of Bellingham and his family.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Chilliwack, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

I have stayed at the Bay City Motor Inn at least three times. It is where I go when I want to run away from home for a couple of days. It is located close to the freeway and easy access to downtown. The rooms are clean and comfortable, easy internet access, good exercise room, terrific owners / staff and affordable. The sleep quality was my own personal problem not the inns.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

I stayed at Bay City Motor Inn for several weeks and would definitely recommend this if you need a good place to stay in Bellingham. It's family run, and they are helpful and friendly above and beyond the call of duty. The rooms are very QUIET - you don't hear your neighbors. It's clean, comfortable and close to everything. Good food, gas and freeway on/off ramps are close by. The motel offers complimentary breakfast and coffee, (there's also a coffee kiosk next door, if you like a hearty morning brew), and the rooms have fridge & microwave if you want to stay in. I would certainly stay here again, and send my thanks to the folks at Bay City Motor Inn.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Bay City Motor Inn? Share your experiences!