“Your friendliest neighbourhood corner bookstore.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 8 Shopping in Bellingham
Type: Specialty Shops
Attraction Details
“Your friendliest neighbourhood corner bookstore.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

This bookstore is a real gem. Offering new and used books, knowledgable and friendly staff, pet-friendly, community focussed. Worth supporting with your $$ and visits. Good coffee shop / restaurant next door.

Visited May 2014

3 attraction reviews
“It depends what you are looking for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

This is in the middle of Fairhaven so parking can be a challenge. It has a great atmosphere and there is a fair amount of books with some categories represented than others. Bathroom on each floor and has an elevator for those with mobility issues or strollers. There is a cafe and 2 areas for in house events like authors reading from their book, then signing copies afterward.

Hilo, Hawaii
“Relax and read”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

One of the great places to visit, especially if you need a break on a long drive. New books, old books, coffee, tea, things to nibble on. Three full levels of books in a cozy, comfy atmosphere with great chairs to sit and read a while. The kind of place book livers dream of. You can spend all day or just take a break, either way, it's what any reader will love.

Visited January 2014
Bellingham, Washington
“terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I received a book for Christmas from Village
Books. 13 of of the pages were not cut properly at the publishers. I tried to take the defective book back today for a cash refund and they wouldn't do it. They wanted to do store credit or charge it back to the person's credit card who purchased it. It was my Christmas gift, it was defective merchandise, I don't want store credit I wanted cash back. I barely paid my rent last month and am not sure how I'm going to pay it this month. I was going to use that cash to buy some groceries. The terrible clerk wanted my phone number so the manager could contact me. I had to give up my phone service because I can't afford it right now.
I just read some of the other people's reviews of Village Books. If Village Books is the "heart and soul" of Fairhaven, then Fairhaven has no soul.

Visited January 2014
Surrey, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Love this bookstore!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Very nice bookstore in the middle of charming Fairhaven district. I loved the wooden stairs, floors, and brick walls. It's also great that they sell both new and used books. My sisters and I enjoyed browsing through the book selections and ended up buying one about the Louvre museum. Beautiful!

Visited August 2013