“Pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
At Sea
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Not much to look at from outside but you can trust the good reviews! I had a Tofu appetizer and Pad Thai. The service was friendly and prompt. The food was good and spiced just right. I'd rate it excellent but I don't know Thai food well enough yet. I know I liked it, I liked it a lot.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Forks, Washington
“Good Thai in Bellingham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I ate here twice this weekend. Since I was only in town a few days that should tell you something. I had the Massaman Curry the first night and the Panang Curry the second. I thought they were both good. Not the best I have ever had, but much better than I expected to find in Bellingham. The service was quick and friendly both nights. The food was fresh and hot. I got there just at the end of the dinner rush the first night and was disappointed to be told they had just run out of brown rice. I ordered steamed rice instead. When the waitress came out with my food I was surprised to see a big bowl of brown rice. I looked up and the waitress had a big smile. She said the new batch had just finished cooking so she had been able to get some for me. I was very happy that she had taken the time to get what I wanted since I would never have known it had just become available.

The restaurant is hidden in a modest little strip mall just off Meridian Street near I-5. It doesn't look fancy from the outside. Inside it has the usual Thai restaurant decorations, nothing opulent. I would say they are spending their money of the staff and food which seems to me to be the right priorities. The restaurant is spotlessly clean, including the restroom.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“You can get spicy food here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to get spicy food. The vegetables were fresh and not over cooked. Everything was tasty. The place was packed.

Visited August 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Geat takeout and walking distance from Best Western Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We enjoyed a pool-side dinner from here...all of the food was yummy: We really likes the spinach and sprouts in peanut sauce, and trhe eggplant pad thai noodles. The Panang curry was a hit too.

Visited August 2013
Bellingham, Washington
“Decent Thai in Bellingham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Introduction of Thai food to son-in-law at this restaurant was a solid bet. This was our second visit; exact quality as the first. Portions are large for a Thai restaurant: taste and flavor are good, food was fresh and hot, service was good and staff friendly. Physical appearance is a bit worn but clean. Dinner for 4 with 2 app's and no drinks was $74. We will go back no issue.

• Visited May 2013