“Pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
At Sea
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Not much to look at from outside but you can trust the good reviews! I had a Tofu appetizer and Pad Thai. The service was friendly and prompt. The food was good and spiced just right. I'd rate it excellent but I don't know Thai food well enough yet. I know I liked it, I liked it a lot.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Forks, Washington
“Good Thai in Bellingham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I ate here twice this weekend. Since I was only in town a few days that should tell you something. I had the Massaman Curry the first night and the Panang Curry the second. I thought they were both good. Not the best I have ever had, but much better than I expected to find in Bellingham. The service was quick and friendly both nights. The food was fresh and hot. I got there just at the end of the dinner rush the first night and was disappointed to be told they had just run out of brown rice. I ordered steamed rice instead. When the waitress came out with my food I was surprised to see a big bowl of brown rice. I looked up and the waitress had a big smile. She said the new batch had just finished cooking so she had been able to get some for me. I was very happy that she had taken the time to get what I wanted since I would never have known it had just become available.

The restaurant is hidden in a modest little strip mall just off Meridian Street near I-5. It doesn't look fancy from the outside. Inside it has the usual Thai restaurant decorations, nothing opulent. I would say they are spending their money of the staff and food which seems to me to be the right priorities. The restaurant is spotlessly clean, including the restroom.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jennifer G
Seattle, Washington
“You can get spicy food here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to get spicy food. The vegetables were fresh and not over cooked. Everything was tasty. The place was packed.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank elyette
Phoenix, Arizona
“Geat takeout and walking distance from Best Western Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We enjoyed a pool-side dinner from here...all of the food was yummy: We really likes the spinach and sprouts in peanut sauce, and trhe eggplant pad thai noodles. The Panang curry was a hit too.

Visited August 2013
Bellingham, Washington
“Decent Thai in Bellingham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Introduction of Thai food to son-in-law at this restaurant was a solid bet. This was our second visit; exact quality as the first. Portions are large for a Thai restaurant: taste and flavor are good, food was fresh and hot, service was good and staff friendly. Physical appearance is a bit worn but clean. Dinner for 4 with 2 app's and no drinks was $74. We will go back no issue.

• Visited May 2013