“yummy food and great attitude” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, Vegetarian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
richmond
“yummy food and great attitude”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Made late evening trip to Jalapenos; great combo meals and very friendly staff. Ready to supply salsa and hot sauce. Will definitely come back and try the patio!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bow, Washington
“Good Mexican food with a view of the bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have been here many times and always enjoy the food - great salsas and tasty, powerful margaritas! On our most recent visit, we ordered the Biggest Bellingham Burrito which is supposed to be enough to feed four people! It could! Though this was polished off by the two guys at the table:). Service can be slow if they are busy, but they replenish the chips and salsa freely. Everything we have ordered here is authentic Mexican. Beware if the Big Mama margaritas - very good, but if you have more than one, I recommend a designated driver !

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham
“Good service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

A family member is visiting from a part of the world that doesn't have Mexican food, so while she's in town, we're making sure she has plenty of chances to indulge. I loved my Enchiladas Suizas--the tomatillo sauce provides a fresh contrast to a normally very heavy dish. My husband's Chile Colorado was much less amazing--skinny, tough strips of meat, and a sauce that was gritty with too much chili powder. But the service was prompt, the margaritas were plentiful, and the sunny outdoor seating near the water was a perfect end to a Saturday.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, BC
“Decent Mexican With a Fantastic Setting!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate here on the recommendation of our hotel staff and were not disappointed. Even though it was Independence Day evening and the place was hopping we got a table right away and even had a killer view of the water. The placed seems to be a known for it's huge Margaritas and I ordered one for my wife as a lark (she loves Margaritas) we ordered the Pappa size, not cheap at $12.00! Sure enough it was massive but it wasn't that great a Margarita and was pretty weak. I had a decent Purco Al Horno (pork shanks) and my wife and kids enjoyed their enchiladas. Frankly I would probably only give the restaurant a 3 for food and drink considering the cost (it's reasonable but on a little pricier than what we're used to for this kind of Mexican) but the setting is amazing! There is a large patio overlooking the ocean and they even had live music and Jalapeno mascot making the rounds! Service was fast & efficient as well.

Visited July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Nothing to write home about.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were camping in Larrabee State Park, and decided to explore Fairhaven. Stopped at this restaurant for a quick lunch. I ordered steak fajita, taste was OK but there was something missing. My husband ordered fish tacos, and same thing, it was edible but kinda plain.
He also ordered margarita, which as acceptable but we've had better. My sangria was the same, not full of flavor.

• Visited May 2013