“Nice place for lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 389 Restaurants in Bellingham
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Boundary Bay Brewery opened in 1995 & we've been making great handcrafted beer and fresh, local food for the Bellingham community ever since! Our brewery houses a Tap Room and family-friendly Bistro, located in a restored historic 1922 warehouse in Downtown Bellingham, across from the Saturday Farmer's Market. We also have a great deck for outdoor dining and a Beer Garden where you can enjoy BBQ's and outdoor concerts in the Summer.
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We always enjoyed having lunch at this pub after a round of golf at Lake Paddon. Nice beer, reasonably good food and warm atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Kate R, Public Relations Manager at Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Cheers, Hector -- thanks for taking the time to give us a review. See you after your next round?

Bellingham, Washington
“Food and Suds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food at Boundary Bay is very well put together and very good. Prices are moderate but well worth what you get. I personally recommend the prime rib dip sandwich. I really can't say much about the beer as I don't drink but from what I hear the choices at superb.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We're glad to hear the prime rib dip was up to par. Come back soon - cheers!
Langley City, Canada
“Excellent Food & Great Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

This is a great place to come with a bunch of friends and enjoy a beer and some great food. The prices are good and atmosphere is really nice. You will enjoy yourself!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kate R, Public Relations Manager at Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Hey there. Thanks for taking the time to review your Boundary dining experience. Cheers - come back and visit us again soon!
Fountain Valley, California
“Fun & delicious eating and "beering" experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We return to Boundary Bay whenever we're visiting Bellingham. Being a brewery, it's no surprise that their beer is fantastic. Their food is great too! The restaurant has high ceilings--very open-- which is a nice change from a typical "pub" and the atmosphere is comfortable and casual. Good service and just an enjoyable place to catch lunch or dinner.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kate R, Public Relations Manager at Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thanks for taking some time to review your experience at Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro. We are located in an old 1920's warehouse which is why we have those high ceilings. Sometimes I forget how tall this building really is! We hope you continue to join us on your visits through Bellingham. Cheers!
Kitimat, Canada
“BBay for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Part of our spring trip 'out' was a run to Bellingham. Decided on lunch downtown and checked out the Bbay. Sure fed us right. I like pub fare. And that is what this place is..a pub. Not fancy eatin. However, I am soo glad that they use real plates and not that cardboard throw-away stuff. We had a pulled pork sandwich, and Sharon said it was the best ever..which kinda hurt my feelings. I had the smoked salmon soup and a plate of hummus.

I will say that we noted that the flavours were muted. I would have preferred to have been able to really taste a heavily smoked salmon and too, I want GARLIC in my hummus...not a toned down version. Having said that..it was all very fresh and well presented and yummy.

I had an oatmeal stout with lunch..ok ok..two...and man, that was smoooooth.

I was just reading some of the other reviews. huh..I see one where the staff in the kitchen was rude. I think that that's sort of like trying to get a garage mechanic to be nice. They aren't. Don't be messing with staff in a pro kitchen..

Hi Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I enjoyed it, especially the part referencing cooks to mechanics : ) I'd say that's spot on. I hear what your saying in terms of wanting more flavor, and I'll mention this point to our kitchen managers & chefs.

Next time you're in for a visit, get the Pork Sandwich. The Imperial Pork Nachos are killer too! Cheers & thanks!