“i don't know much, but i know i love you” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 388 restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Boundary Bay Brewery opened in 1995 & we've been making great handcrafted beer and fresh, local food for the Bellingham community ever since! Our brewery houses a Tap Room and family-friendly Bistro, located in a restored historic 1922 warehouse in Downtown Bellingham, across from the Saturday Farmer's Market. We also have a great deck for outdoor dining and a Beer Garden where you can enjoy BBQ's and outdoor concerts in the Summer.
Albuquerque, NM
“i don't know much, but i know i love you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The early part of the evening I liked this place a lot, and especially their delicious beer. The later part of the evening... I didn't make it to the later part of the evening. I guess this attests to the go-back-quick-and-often-ability of the bar and the fast amazing service provided.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

75% Recommend
Bellingham, Washington
“Stagnant menu, pigeon-holed beer selection, exclusive atmosphere.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I've been going to Boundary Bay Brewery for years. It has always been the go-to place: always consistent, always satisfying. But not anymore.

I'd be hard-pressed to find an item on their menu that wasn't done well in my opinion. Nothing outstanding but decent for a brew pub. The problem is that nothing seems to change and it's tiresome. Food-wise there's nothing to keep me coming back, which is what a restaurant ought to be striving for.

Their beer selection and availability on the other hand has changed. In stereotypical Northwest style, light hoppy beer is paramount and Boundary Bay follows suit. It wasn't always that way however: their beer menu used to be more well balanced, with a range of beers from light to dark to satisfy all comers. That well-roundedness has been replaced with an overwhelmingly lopsided beer offering, favoring lighter brews and the ubiquitous IPA's.

The last several times I visited Boundary Bay the darkest beer available was their Scotch Ale (which is delicious, don't get me wrong), but I was longing for their Oatmeal Stout which is a beer that sets the bar. And the last two times I went to fill a growler, they would only fill it with their Pale or their IPA. Great for lovers of those styles of beer, but too bad for the rest of us.

I used to feel welcome at Boundary Bay. Now I feel more like an outsider at an exclusive club than a patron at a local hotspot.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Solid brew pub in Bellingham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were passing through B'ham on a quick trip, this was the best of the basic family dinner options. Nothing outstanding, but it doesn't try to be. Nice location and atmosphere, good food, good beers. Not much more to say than that.

Visited September 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Great location, great burgers, great brews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place is perfect in what it professes to be - a great bar serving good food and brewing an excellent range of beers. Try the lamb burger.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania, US
“Great nachos and pub food; beer too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner at the Boundary Bay. The serving of Imperial Nachos was huge and delicious (we got the large guacamole which was a perfect addition). We ordered the guacamole and enjoyed it as well. The pesto salmon sandwich was tasty too. The lamb burger was delicious.

Visited August 2013