“Don't pass this one by” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bellingham GuestHouse Inn

You added Bellingham GuestHouse Inn to your Saves list
Bellingham GuestHouse Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   805 Lakeway Drive, Bellingham, WA 98229 (Formerly Val-U Inn Motel)   |
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
New Westminster, Canada
“Don't pass this one by”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed here when flying out of the Bellingham airport. I was leary at first because of the close proximity to the I-5, but I requested a room on the rear side of the hotel, and did not experience any traffic noise at all! Although an older property, it is clean and well kept. The room was comfortable and very adequate. The only complaint was that my tv did not work, but I was quickly moved to a new room. The room cost was reasonable compared to some of the other hotels in Bellingham. The free breakfast was standard fare, the staff helpful and friendly. There is no pool or hot tub, but if you are looking for a reasonable overnight stay, this is the spot! Fred Meyer is walking distance across the street, and it is a short car ride a variety of stores, including Bellis Fair Mall, Costco, WalMart, KMart. They also offer 7 days free parking if you are flying out of the Bellingham airport, with free shuttle service to and from the airport. Lots of hotels in the area say they have free parking, but they charge you an inflated room rate to cover it, this place doesn't. The only down side is that the shuttle only runs 8 am to 6 pm, and I found myself having to make a costly taxi run at 6:30 am ($30 with the tip). Other than that, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
bellinghammgmt, General Manager at Bellingham GuestHouse Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us! I appreciate the kind words about the hotel and the staff and will be sure to share the compliments with the crew! I am sorry that the hot tub was not pointed out to you as we do have one on the property. Be sure to bring your suit on your next stay and we will be happy to direct you to the relaxing spa for a nice soak!

Again, thank you very much and have a great week!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Clemente, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed two nights on a business trip. The location, while not downtown, is only 3 minutes away by car (or a 15 minute walk). The rooms were clean and fairly spacious. The rooms also included a coffee maker and mini-fridge. The free WiFi worked great - which for me is a huge plus. The front desk staff were great. The continental breakfast included make-your-own waffles!

The only complaint I can make is that while bed was incredibly comfortable, the pillows were a little lumpy. Other than that, this place is a great lodging option - especially for the value!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
bellinghammgmt, General Manager at Bellingham GuestHouse Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your stay with us. I am happy your stay went well and that you enjoyed the waffles! Please do keep us in mind for your next trip to Bellingham! We would love to see you again!

Again, thank you!
Suquamish, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Clean. Right next to freeway bit noise was not an issue. Good size rooms. As this is 2014 I would expect wifi services in the room. Breakfast available but haven't tried it. Coffee maker in the room. Their wifi service is AWFUL and they know it.

• Stayed June 2014
bellinghammgmt, General Manager at Bellingham GuestHouse Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. I apologize about your difficulties with the wifi. You will be happy to know that a new wifi system is being installed this week! We are excited about improving the guests stay whenever possible, and we are quite sure this will be a welcome upgrade! Thank you for bringing this to our attention and perhaps you will visit again and find the new system to your liking.

Thank you!
Goose Creek, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I were very impressed with the service and wonderful accommodations at the Bellingham Guest House Inn. The staff was very helpful in our plans to visit this wonderful town. In fact we loved it so much we stayed an extra day.

Room Tip: We had a very spacious King size room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for such a stellar review! The crew here at the GHI work very hard and it is always appreciated when someone takes the time to share about their stay. Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again on your next visit.

Again, Thanks so much!
Rolla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Excellent access, friendly smart staffing (thanks Sonya), clean, bright and a great price. I looked at several places to stay in Bellingham and this is a terrific value. Location is central to Bellingham and you can be on I5 in less than a minute.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the "quiet side" This hotel is very close to US Hwy I 5.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Hello and thank you for the great review! I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and that you took the time to leave a great review. Thank you again and please keep us in mind for your next visit to Bellingham. We look forward to seeing you again!

Regards,
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This Memorial Day weekend (2014) our family and friends stayed here for our son's wedding.
It's easily found off I-5, on Lakeway Drive. Breakfast was included: the usual bagels, muffins,
cereal, and you can also make your own waffle. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.
The only possible problem is if you are on the I-5 side, you do hear the traffic, but we kept the
AC fan on and that hid the noise. Staff was friendly and helpful. A very good budget
accommodation.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the freeway is noise bothers you
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
bellinghammgmt, General Manager at Bellingham GuestHouse Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I am happy that the crew was able to provide you with a clean and comfy stay while in Bellingham. Please do visit us again when you are in the area!

Thank you!
Brea, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place is a hidden gem. It's located next to the freeway, but not very noisy if you get the room from other side that's facing the street. It's very close to downtown, about 6 min. drive. Room is very clean and comfortable, good breakfast in the morning with fresh fruit and cook your own waffle. highly recommend this place.

only down side is the lack of exercise room and swimming pool. :(
but it does have a heating pool :)

Room Tip: Room opposite of the fwy is quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hello,

Thanks for the great review! I am glad that our staff was able to provide you with a clean and comfy stay. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us. We hope to see you again!

Thanks again!

Been to Bellingham GuestHouse Inn? Share your experiences!