“Very nice for the money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bellingham GuestHouse Inn

Save Saved
You added Bellingham GuestHouse Inn to your Saves list
Bellingham GuestHouse Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   805 Lakeway Drive, Bellingham, WA 98229 (Formerly Val-U Inn Motel)   |
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Bellingham
“Very nice for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Well kept, comfortable & clean.
Easy to find & a nice breakfast included. I would stay again. Not that far from downtown & restaurants. The staff was helpful. Only one issue was the noise from I-5, we turned the fan for A/C on the second night & that did the trick.

• Stayed May 2013
bellinghammgmt, Manager at Bellingham GuestHouse Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Hello Sue,

Thank you for the great review!! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you received a great deal! There is nothing like a "Great deal" to make your travel day! A great rest, a hot shower and a tasty breakfast is our goal for each and every guest, every day! I am glad that we were able to make your stay "Very nice!". We look forward to having you with us again.

Thank you!!
Molly Howard
AGM/Group Coordinator
Bellingham Guesthouse Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Pullman, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Beliingham GuestHouse Inn for two nights (16-18 May, 2013). We were visiting our daughter at Western Washington U. The hotel is an easy five-minute drive even to the opposite end of campus, and very near all the shops, restaurants etc. of downtown. It would not take long to walk to either from the GuestHouse Inn.
We were quite happy with our stay. The hotel building sits very close to the 5 freeway, so we were sure to ask for a room on the other side. It's also a pet-friendly place, so since neither my wife nor I wish to sleep in pet-infested rooms, we mentioned this when we were making the reservation, and apparently the entire 3rd floor has been kept animal-free. So that's where we were.
The rooms, as others have observed, are on the small side, so there's not much room to spread out in. But honestly, for the rate ($95 double occupancy, 2 queen-size beds), it was perfectly suitable. There's a fridge (no freezer) and microwave, cable TV, the usual. Nice shower. All very clean. There is a "spa" (a whirlpool bath), which we didn't use, but no pool or fitness room--which was too bad. Really the only thing I missed. Can't have everything.
The breakfast is the standard waffle-iron, coffee 'n' juice, muffins, and toast routine, all kept splendidly full by a charming and cheerful employee. In fact, everyone there was very kind and helpful. We were greeted by a note and mints from the housecleaning staff--nice touch. This place was everything we needed, and definitely worth what we spent on it. We plan to go back to Bellingham pretty regularly, and will definitely stay at the GuestHouse Inn again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a thorough and thoughtful review. I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a great and comfortable stay while visiting your Daughter at Western! While you are correct that we don't offer a work out facility, our staff would be happy to share some great trail ideas with you. One particular walk is along the Interurban Trail. The boardwalk strolls out over the water starting at Boulevard Park and stretching into Fairhaven. An easy even walk even with strollers, scooters or wheelchairs. We have many more great outing ideas that will provide you with some exercise while enjoying our great outdoors!

Again, thank you! We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Molly Howard
AGM/Group Coordinator
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Once again my husband and I stayed at this hotel on our way down to Las Vegas recently.
Love the service and value received including a nice room with comfortable beds, hot tub & excellent complementary breakfast before using their free shuttle bus service to the airport and back to the hotel upon completion of our holiday, Our car is safe in their parking lot all free with their Park & Fly option. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely return on our next trip down to Vegas.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
comox valley, bc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

we checked in here for one night after a long day of driving back to Canada. The room was small but comfortable. We could walk to the downtown (go to Boundry Bay brew pub, it's fantastic!) and have dinner and drinks and felt perfectly safe doing so on a Saturday night. We've never eaten at a hotel with a self serve breakfast and prob. won't waste our time doing so again even though it is included in the room price. I'm sorry, but pre-cooked poached eggs, strange looking sausage patties and bacon that you heat in the microwave is a terrible breakfast idea. All the "food" choices were so full of preservatives that they can't possibly go bad sitting out for hours. Nothing is on ice. There isn't even butter or margarine...it's "whipped spread". Yuck.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
bellinghammgmt, General Manager at Bellingham GuestHouse Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Thank you also for your kind words, and thank you for your comments about breakfast selection. I do apologize that we did not offer something in our breakfast that you were interested in, and I am taking your comments and seeing what addtions we can make. Thank you. We look forward to serving you again, when your travels bring you back to the Bellingham area.
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I went to Bellingham to see a show at the wild Buffalo last Friday and we needed a basic hotel to spend the night. This hotel was in a decent enough location, super easy to find and a quick walk to the downtown area. The rooms aren't super big, but they were clean and comfy.

The staff were super nice and they were really accommodating for me and my dogs, the dog fee is only $10 which is very reasonable.

The breakfast was included in the cost and was way better than expected. I'd stay here again for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I appreciate knowing that you enjoyed your stay, and we fulfilled our guarantee of a clean and comfortable guest room. Thank you also for your kind words about the staff members that work so hard to make your stay enjoyable. And thanks you for your comments about our complimentary expanded breakfast. We look forward to serving you again, when your travels bring you back to the Bellingham area.
Friday Harbor, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I checked into the Guest House Inn with our dog, because we needed a place to stay before a medical procedure. The room had everything we needed, including microwave, coffe pot, fridge and clean and comfy room. We locked ourself out of the car the morning of the Dr. appointment, which was very stresssful, but the desk staff was very calming and called us a cab so we wouldn't be late. Later they came to the hospital and picked us all up, and the maintence man worked hard to get our car unlocked, which was above and beyond the call of duty. I will reccommend this Inn to my friends, and will be back to stay here again. Thank you Molly, Brianna, Trevor and Craig.You made a stressful weekend into one that was enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Thank you also for your kind words about the staff members that work so hard to make your stay enjoyable. I am glad to hear we achieved our goal of delivering a comfortable guest room with excellent customer service. There is no feeling that compares to that of a satsified guest. We look forward to serving you again, when your travels bring you back to the Bellingham area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were here for the Bellingham Bay Marathon. We stayed here because the Best Western (one of the event sponsors) was full. Upon check in the couple in front of us asked for a late check out and the front desk staff told them flat out "NO" they said that because they had a number of Marathon people there that a late check out would overload the housekeeping staff. Really? They couldn't plan extra staff for this one day? It's not as if there was another event happening the next day. I would think that the management had plenty of time to plan ahead, or even set aside a few specific rooms for the marathoners who may want a shower after the race. As it was, I couldnt find a shower after the race.
The room was average, we did not use any of the amenities.
The staff at check in did not seem very accomodating, one youn lady was checking people in while another lady stood by watching her. Why she didn't open up the second check-in window is beyond me...she just stood there and told people "NO". I wasn't impressed AT ALL with her level of service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I apologize that your experience while staying at our hotel was not pleasing and that you encountered some problems with our guest service. We do allow reasonable late check-outs on a case by case basis. However, when the late check-out makes it impossible for us to rent the room for the following evening, there is an additional fee. I would love a chance to redeem ourselves and give you the experience you deserve. If your travels bring you to the Bellingham area, please contact me directly.

Been to Bellingham GuestHouse Inn? Share your experiences!