“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Bellingham
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I've stayed in a fair number of hotels. This is one of the most modern and beautiful places that I've seen. The rooms are nicely set up and roomy. The toilet and a sink are in one cozy closet. The bathtub/shower are in their own closet as well.

Each bed has reading lamps mounted to the headboard. The desk has a sliding glass partition that can be opened to view the rest of the room.

There is a bar in the lobby that had a great selection to chose from. The bartender does his job well. The front desk staff gave me the impression that they were truly happy that I was a guest here.

If you are coming to Bellingham for any reason, stay in this hotel.

Stayed September 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lake Stevens, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was looking for a weekend getaway with my wife and happened upon this hotel and I am glad I did. We both love Marriotts, but this hotel was a nice surprise. The lobby was very modern with trendy and bright decor. The workout room was the best I have seen for a medium-level Marriott. The staff was very nice and courteous. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast, and were pleasantly surprised that it wasn't the same each day. The room was very clean and comfortable and very spacious.

What made the experience however was the bar, and more importantly the bartender Matthew. My wife and I each had a drink on Friday night, and they were good. Matthew treated us well, but then I asked him a question I had about whiskey. This started a great conversation and he said "come back tomorrow night and we will do a whiskey flight." Not being a big whiskey drinker, we didn't know what we were getting into, but were up for the adventure. Matthew shared a tasting sample of some of the whiskey's they have at the bar, while explaining about each of them and took us on a taste tour. This was the absolutely the highlight of our weekend. Matthew shared his knowledge and passion with us, while keeping it at a beginner and entertaining level. We ordered the hummus plate, which was great, and paired well with the whiskey. Then followed it off with the apple pie and a dessert whiskey (Brandy). Matthews ability to keep things fun and entertaining, while educating us about the complexities of the whiskey we tried was outstanding. They whiskey flight is a must do if available!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Shane O, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Mike H,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. We are happy were are here for you and your wife to find when you needed accommodations while in Bellingham. You mentioned great things about our rooms and facilities and thank you for that. We don't think we can say enough about what Matt brings to our hotel when he is here at work behind the bar. You said as much as we could and more even. We will be sure to tell him how much fun you had while you were here with us. Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Lake Mary, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed one night this weekend as part of a weekend trip to Bellingham. This hotel is very clean and is decorated with a modern feel. We enjoyed the pool and spa which is on the smaller side but had lots of chairs to relax in even when the pool was busy. The breakfast was pretty standard fare but was attended by some very polite and helpful staff who were moving every minute clearing and replenishing breakfast dishes. I could tell they thought of themselves as hosts. Our room was next door to the guest laundry and I could hear it in the evening, though it wasn't a huge problem. I didn't even figure out what it was until I walked out the next morning and saw the laundry next door - so I'd avoid that room next time. Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms near the guest laundry.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Liliemay and thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm so happy to hear you had such a great stay!
San Antonio TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a new SpringHill Suites and rooms are immaculate. Bed was very comfortable and HVAC was outstanding....it will freeze you out if set low. 40" TV on a swivel base with free HBO and great reception. Separate shower and toilet areas. Small sitting area with large couch and work station chair. Free internet for all and great connection. Beer is very expensive. In there little store they charge $6.00 plus tax for a Bud lite. They offer happy hour but at the bar doing Happy Hour a Bud lite remains $6.00 plus tax. Hard to imagine what full price is. Free breakfast served from 0630. Free parking on site.

Room Tip: All rooms are new and location is off the interstate so no real highway noise to worry about.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Grandgator! I'm happy to see you found our staff and services to your liking! I noticed you felt rather isolated here and while this area in the north end of Bellingham continues to grow rapidly, we do have our complimentary shuttle that takes you anywhere within a 5-mile radius from the hotel. Thank you again for taking time to share your experience and we hope to see you back soon!
Mill Creek, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Visited SpringHill Suite this weekend and was quite pleased with the accommodations and staff. Would highly recommend this respite to any traveler on the I-5 corridor looking for a clean and well appointed rooms and facilities. Plenty of close parking and close to both downtown Bellingham and I-5 on ramps.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep a little later request the west side due to the east side getting the morning s...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your recent visit, Dan - we appreciate you staying with us and I'm so pleased to see such a great experience! This is always our intent!
Galesburg, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I visited SpringHill Suites while on a 3-day business trip! I checked in at 1:00 a.m. and was immediately impressed with my king room! Not only is it spacious and modern, the alarm clock had an adaptor for my iPhone 5, the room had a separate toilet and sink apart from the main shower and vanity area. There was a very comfortable sectional couch, a desk, a large closet as well as a microwave and refrigerator. There are plenty of towel hooks in the bathroom and plenty of outlets in the room for charging phones, iPads, etc. The fitness room has 7 cardio machines and a nice selection of free weights compared to most hotels. I didn't use the pool or hot tub, but they looked inviting! There's a a restaurant/bar onsite that is open in the evenings and free breakfast as well! The food at the bar/restaurant was very good! The staff was very friendly and accommodating! I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Shane O, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Michelle G,

Thank you very, very much for your Awesome review of our hotel. We could not have asked for anything better. You have mentioned just about everything our hotel has to offer and you did it so wonderfully. Again, thank you so much for your time and please come and see us again if you are ever in the area.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We loved our brief stay at the new SpringHill Suites in Bellingham. Front desk staff was welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was hearty and varied (with even enough good choices for my vegan teenager). Room was comfortable with a view of the mountains. I don't usually sleep well in hotels but I did on the great mattress here. Pool and hot tub were a welcome attraction for the kids and for me. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lucyplus2,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel. We love to get feedback from our guests. We are so happy to hear that you were able to get a good nights sleep and that your teenager found enough options at breakfast. These are things we work hard to try and provide for everyone and thank you for mentioning it. Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you again.

Front Office Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham? Share your experiences!