“Looks like a boutique hotel without the high price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Seattle
“Looks like a boutique hotel without the high price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My family and I decided to stay here over the busy 4th of July weekend. The rooms were very nicely decorated and well laid out. The small divider in the room does afford some privacy, but we decided to get an adjoining room to accommodate our family better. Except for the occasional noisy kid running down the hall, the hotel was quiet. The hotel was running a free shuttle to see the fireworks so that we wouldn't have to hassle with parking. Breakfast had a good selection of items. Even though it was a busy weekend, they did not run out of food and they had a good amount of seating available. The work out room had a good amount of equipment and the pool/jacuzzzi were small but nice. The hotel will be expanding in fall to offer rooms with actual bedrooms and full kitchens, which will be nice for families. Good value for the money. Since our kid is going to school in Bellingham, no doubt we will be back up to visit and will make sure to stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor room may be quieter. We were on the 2nd floor and heard some noise from upstairs but not b...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for sharing your 4th of July with us and for sharing your experience! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Roberts Creek, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed here with kids and grandkids for two nights. Rooms are very spacious, with a separate sitting area making this a good choice for families. Note this a not a separate room, but a very large room with a divider. But still very comfortable.

The pool and exercise room are both great. They are clean, fresh, and have lots of space. The pool is quite large and the water temp is perfect for kids and adults alike.

There is a large open bar area with a limited but tasty food menu. There is ample comfortable seating or the bar will prepare food for taking up to your room.

Definitely enjoyed our days here. Would choose this one again for a family visit in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I'm so happy to see you had a great stay! Thank you for selecting the SpringHill Suites for your Bellingham visit and for taking time to share such a wonderful experience.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Great staff, super nice accommodations, good free breakfast. Close to the airport and you need a vehicle to get you to downtown Bellingham, which is a great area. Marriott is finally moving into Bellingham with this and a Towne Place Suites under construction next door. It was especially nice to be staying in something other than a Best Western for the first time in our daughter's 4 years at WWU.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for your visit! I'm so delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at Bellingham's new Marriott! On your return, please take advantage of our shuttle, which is complimentary for hotel guests and covers a 5-mile radius. Thank you again!
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I frequently stay at Marriott Properties and this new property very tastefully decorated and upon entering was greeted by Guest Service Staff with the quality of service that one always expects.

Our little dog was greeted and given attention with snacks and doggie bowl which was much appreciated. Was surprised however when told us there was a one time charge of 70.00 for the dog to stay. Being tired, I paid the fee however it bothered me, for it did not say it when I booked online. All it said, is that it was a pet friendly hotel.

The room was not prepared for 2 guests. Only half the bed linen was in the closet for the sofa bed. The first night I did mention it to the front desk. The attendant did say she would send it up right away however I said no, as my son was already sleeping. Said Sunday would be fine. We never did get the remainder of the bedding.

The room was very spacious, King size bed and sofa bed. Very comfortable for a 2 day stay. Lots of parking and the breakfast was suffice.

Hotel close to shopping and restaurants which was very convenient as that was the sole purpose of our trip.

Upon checkout it bothered me enough that I had to bring forward to the Guest Service Attendant about the 70.00 fee and how it's not mentioned on their website. One gentleman made the comment to me that kids stay free. I laughed and kept my comment to myself. The Guest Service Attendant was going to look into it and make a recommendation to have it listed on website.

Apart from that our stay was a good one.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for the visit and for sharing your experience, Colleen. I'm glad your little traveler also enjoyed their stay (and the welcome basket we have for dogs). I'm sorry you didn't see the pet fee beforehand - our intent is not to have any surprises (the pet fee is listed under the 'our hotel' link from our website), but to ensure the next guest - regardless of allergy levels, receives the same impeccably clean and allergen-free space. Thank you again and I hope we can welcome you back very soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Tried to find a hotel last minute in downtown Bellingham but were booked out. Decided to give the Springhill Suites, about 3 miles out of the downtown area a try. So glad we did! Rooms were HUGE, brand new and with a great layout (toilet and sink in one area, vanity and shower totally separate). Really comfy bed, super accommodating staff and decent breakfast. Used the free shuttle to downtown three times in our 24 hour stay and never waited more than 15 minutes for the pleasant and conversant drivers to appear. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can get a room off the back of the hotel on a higher floor you might actually get a peek of M...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you Beth! We sincerely appreciate you trying us out on your recent visit to Bellingham. I'm glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms, which are about 25% larger than a standard hotel room. I'm glad you also enjoyed the breakfast and took advantage of our free 24/7 shuttle! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Wow! Fantastic customer service from the front desk, to Matt the bartender. Caroline, you we're amazing and did a fabulous job making sure our family had a wonderful visit and celebration.

Nice clean hotel, great location and wonderful staff!

Thank you for a wonderful time!

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share such a great experience! I will definitely share your specific feedback with Carolyn and Matt. We truly are blessed with an amazing team and I'm so happy they all did their jobs for you! Thank you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I travel a lot for work and it's very important for me to have a good experience at a hotel after a long day of traveling. I have stayed in my fair share of hotels and can honestly say this hotel has exceeded all expectations. From the moment I checked in Alivia and Sam were very welcoming. Since my stay was rather a long one I came to know a few and remember some of the front desk people. All who which very helpful in informing on what restaurants and trails to go on while on my stay here. K'ana,Marie, Juliann, Matt, Meghan, and Tanya have been nothing but amazing when it came to customer service. At times I didn't have food to microwave but there are a lot of stores and restaurants nearby to go to. Starbucks is right around the corner as well. If you do go down to the bar( which I highly recommend) the bartenders matt and Lauren are very welcoming. They make sure you feel at home especially when your away from home as long I was. The spinach salad was by far my favorite dish on the menu. Daniel and Kristal can help ya decide if you had any questions though. They are very good with the whole transportation aspect. They can take you Into town, store, or restaurant if need be. I had to go take the shuttle to and from stores and to the airport often and they were beer reliable. The shuttle drivers are very personable too; chris, Anthony, Trevor, Nate, Tom and Robyn. They have a good continental breakfast in which every morning I would be asked how my stay was by Angel, Keith, Sean, Dante, Jeremy and Jordan. The whole staff made it such an amazing stay that made this stay not feel like another crappy hotel stay. The rooms were very clean. The hotel is very new so it still has that new aspect. I have no complains at all except for maybe the bar should have a separation between check in desk and bar. Otherwise this hotel is exceptional. I was here on business and they made my stay more of a vacation. Highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Keith C, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Mary, Thanks again for such a glowing review. It was really nice to have you here and you really are missed! Please come see us again - SOON!!