“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Granite Falls, Washington
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Hotel is new and very modern. Easy check in and beautiful room. We loved the bathroom configuration and the view (top floor) of the Cascades (Mt. Baker). Breakfast was a bit hectic due to the crowds of families with children, but we took it in stride. Hotel clean, employees friendly and helpful, nice furnishings and design, and close to airport and shopping. We would stay here again if we are ever in need of a hotel in the area. Also, room very quiet. With the amount of people with children staying in the hotel we were shocked that it was so quiet in our room. Nicely done.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the easterly views from the top floor (5).
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you Gina Beth! We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back when your plans bring you to Bellingham. I have to agree with you on the room tip - not much better than waking up to the sunrise over Mount Baker in the morning!

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel was built within the last 6 months. Very modern looking, rooms were very comfortable, with a fridge/microwave combination. Had a desk, couch & seating area as well. The hotel had a pool/hot tub and workout room. Workout room had ~ 9 machines, treadmill/eliptical/bike. Had dinner there twice, and both meals were excellent. Menu items were different, creative. 5 minute shuttle ride to the airport. I would definitely stay there again, when I'm working in that area.

Room Tip: I always choose higher floors away from the elevator, to insure quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hi Julie and thank you for sharing your experience! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed the facilities and dinner in our Chuckanut Lobby Bar. Depending on your return date, you will see an expanded food and beverage offering with our outside patio with a fire wall as well as our 4th Floor Bakerview Terrace!
Abbotsford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed here this past weekend.

When we booked online we had asked for a quiet room. We have done this in the past with other hotels, but instructions were ignored. One of the first thing that the manager said when we got in was that he saw we needed a quiet room. He then explained the room choice he had for us and why. And he was bang on. The room was very quiet.

The bed was comfortable, as were the pillows. We bring pillows with us as most hotel pillows are crap. These were very nice. We spoke to someone else who normally brings their own pillows, but had forgotten and was concerned, but she said that she also found the pillows great.

The room was excellent. It certainly helps being new, but even so the way they are finished is very inviting. The couch is great and the work table is very functional.

The only downside was that as a suite we had expected to find some cutlery and glass glasses and plates. There are paper plates and plastic glasses in the microwave. Unfortunately there was no cork screw or wine glasses in the room. We had noted that when we went shopping and made sure that we purchased a screw top wine bottle. It has been a long time since I drank wine out of a plastic water cup. I am sure we could have gone down to the bar and had them open the bottle for us and even supply with wine glasses, but once back in the room, didn't feel like. Just a note for next time we visit. I know adding those types of items will simply increase the cost and the price was a bargain when factoring in the quality of the room, the services, and the buffet breakfast.

The buffet breakfast was very good. They had a number of selections of hot food as well as the standard cereals. There was fresh fruit, coffee, milk, and juice. On the Saturday we were down shortly after 8 and it wasn't that busy. On Sunday we didn't come down until around 9 and it was busier and they were running behind with some of the food. However, the staff were very pleasant and fresh food was brought out.

In fact all the of the staff that we had to deal with were very helpful and professional.

While we didn't use the pool or fitness center but they looked great.

The other nice thing is that this hotel is very easy to access from I5. It also has a Starbucks within walking distance!

This is definitely a hotel we plan on returning to.

Room Tip: If you want quiet get a room that faces the back of the hotel. It would also help to be on the top...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share your experience! I have to agree with you on the plastic cups. These will be going away very shortly! Thanks again and please come see us again soon!
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I can't say enough good things about this property. Brand new, spacious suite rooms, funky 60s revival decor, had everything ready for us (feather free & PlayPen) when we got there. Such a difference from the shabby downtown Vancouver hotel we were at the night previous that cost us DOUBLE. If you are a civil servant, don't forget to look for the rate! They even honour it for Canadian civil servants (federal, provincial and Crown corporations!). I've been telling anyone and everyone that if they need to overnight in B'ham for any reason, that this is the place to do it.

Room Tip: Don't forget to ask for the government rate and to bring your ID (they ask for it).
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for being such a great ambassador for us, Traveler! We sincerely appreciate your business and your taking the time to share. See you soon!
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We have stayed 1 night at this hotel during a quick shopping trip. It is easily the best hotel I've ever stayed in the chains such as Springhill suites, Residence Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, etc. Here are my observations on the pros and cons:

* Pros
- Recently built so everything is nice, modern, clean
- Good size suite. Family with children will appreciate having the space.
- Staff are friendly just like those in hotels of similar chains
- Good value: free working wifi connection, free parking, adequate breakfast included
- Comfortable beds: their beds have very firm support (good for those who suffer from back pain like me) but the top is plush enough. I really appreciate that the hotel investors go with high quality mattresses. I used to avoid chains like springhill suites although those leisure/family hotels give better value than business ones (where you have to pay for wifi, expensive parking, overpriced breakfast, etc). It is because I have an impression that they usually use very low quality mattresses which is not the case for this hotel.
- Separate bathroom and toilet (ok, this is just me, others might not like this setting)
- Nice lobby with a bar.
- Good location near shopping mall, airport.

* Cons:
- Sliding doors for bathroom and toilet and these doors can't be locked: this can be a deal breaker for some. My toddler was able to open the door when I was in the toilet :( Similarly, if you are in the bathroom, anyone in the room can easily enter it if they want. You might not feel secured during your shower/bath.
- The bathroom and toilet are right in front of the bed. Lights and noise from those rooms can be very disturbing to people who sleep on the beds and also embarrassing to people who use the toilet. In fact, during the night, you can hear very loud flushing sound from the toilet. So if you are shy boyfriend/girlfriend going on a trip, this might be a big issue.
- Breakfast is slightly of low quality. However they do have waffle machine, hard boiled eggs, scramble eggs, sausages, milk, oatmeal, yoghurt, cheerios, bagels, muffins etc..

Overall I really like this hotel and would be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Emilie! I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! On your return, I encourage you to spend a few nights, as our breakfast changes every day - especially from weekday to weekend! We are also sympathetic to the bathroom doors and understand the 'barn doors' aren't for everyone. In just a few short months, we will have an entirely different (and connecting) hotel to offer with our TownePlace Suites, featuring full kitchens, separate bedrooms and a locking bathroom door! See you soon and thanks again!
Eastsound, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Great hotel. Love this place! Just discovered it and it's only 6 months open. Excellent comfortable room. Good work space and sitting areas in the room. 50 mbit symmetrical Internet. Great bar with food. Friendly young staff. It's a keeper. We will be back to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind words and review! I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and found our internet so great. We agree!
Kelso, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed 2 nights at this lovely new hotel. Check-in was easy, and front desk staff was friendly and professional. The lobby area was spacious & inviting. There is a lobby bar and snacks/sundries were available for purchase.
This is a new hotel, and our room was spotless. My daughter and I had a room with 2 queen beds. The bed was one of the more comfortable beds I've EVER slept in!
The room itself was large, with a separate office area, free wifi, and it had a mini fridge and microwave. The bathroom set up was a little strange, but very efficient. The Paul Mitchell bath products were a nice touch.
Although we didn't use the pool area and fitness center, they looked nice, clean, and well equipped.
There was a complimentary breakfast which featured the standard hotel-type faire. There are some great places to eat breakfast in town, so my suggestion would be to do that.
This hotel is conveniently located right off I-5, and close to the airport. Parking was never a problem.
I travel to and from Bellingham several times a year, and will definitely be returning to this little oasis. I was very pleased.

Room Tip: I requested a room away from the elevators, because the cleaning staff uses the same elevators as th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
What a great review - thanks for taking time to share!!! I'm so pleased we did our job for you and we look forward to welcoming you both back again soon!

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham? Share your experiences!