“Clean, Modern and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
East Islip, New York
“Clean, Modern and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My son and I had occasion to stay here for nearly two weeks as we searched and found a house in Bellingham. This was our first stay here at this beautiful new hotel. It was easier to get onto I-5 rather than the mess on Meridian where most of the other hotels can be found. The staff was super courteous and accommodating. We loved the décor, particularly in the lobby. I noticed things like the textured wallpaper, and color scheme which made it a relaxing place to be. Other reviewers mention the unusual bathroom/toilet configuration, but we appreciated it because we had privacy and didn't have to wait to use the toilet when the other was in the shower. It's not common to Americans but this layout is common in Asian countries as well as France. Breakfast was okay. I didn't care much for the coffee, but it worked. The beds were comfortable enough, but I found them a bit firm for my liking. The important thing is that I didn't wake up with back pain in the morning, which I often do at other places. We also ate at the bar one night because we were too exhausted to go out. It was fine and we liked the selection of beer on tap. I will have to come back in a few weeks and fully intend to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side, particularly the upper floors provide a beautiful view of the mountains and...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you Marcy. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Thanks for sharing your experience and please come see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Sequim, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The staff was excellent and the check-in was very good!
It a nice new building! Most of it was good. I was surprised how quiet it was in the room. The beds were a lot firmer than expected! Woke up several times during the night and was sore in the morning. The bathroom/water closet was every bit a weird as reported in other reviews. The sliding doors they used were irritating - one was so smooth it slammed no matter how softly we pushed it. The other one had a “nails on a chalkboard” shriek.
The attempt at the healthy breakfast is dismal. The vegetarian sausage was pretty lame. It’s like SpringHill hired a nutritionist from a cardiac hospital ward. Thankfully the eggs were pretty good and they had condiments to make things edible! Marriott has yet to find the spot where everyone will find a breakfast they like.
The parking situation is very tight if you are driving a larger vehicle. The parking spaces are short and are sized for small cars. The light poles are placed offset to the center of the islands on tiny supports so if you park next to them? Be careful about backing out because they would be so easy to hit. There was a shortage of parking because a bus was taking a whole section and there was construction going on for a TownPlace Suites attached to this! I don’t think they are going to have the parking they need.
Everything works and is clean. The staff was great. I was a little disappointed but mostly because of personal preferences. I doubt I would stay here again!
Still.... it is a very nice place to stay, just not for me, but for some it will be just right. I wanted to give it a better rating but it wasn’t as good as expected. It’s mostly the Marriott design and model that failed for me! The staff was great!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We do realize everyone has different tastes and overall it seems your experience was good (i.e. clean room, good staff), which makes us very happy. I am sorry to hear you found our mattresses hard. We actually opted for an upgraded mattress (Serta Elite) based on Marriott's requirements; sorry this wasn't for you. This is a good opportunity for us as well to look into obtaining some sort of foam for guests, like you, who may find the mattress too firm. Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to share your experience. We do hope you will come back and try us (or the future TownePlace Suites this Fall) again.
Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I must say as I have travelled to Bellingham often in the past, I had learned to stay at a B&B instead of a hotel. Cost was prohibitive and Breakfast was fleeting or simply bad. This was a business trip and I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and efficient for my work needs and would be great if this had been a pleasure trip. The breakfast had variety and flavor and great twist to just a few years ago around town.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Sean, How great to hear we have renewed your faith in Bellingham Hotels. Thank you for staying with us and for the great review! We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back!
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Spent Easter weekend 2014 at this incredibly beautiful property. From the friendly check-in to modern and welcoming lobby, our stay was nothing short of blissful. The room, out King Suite, was a "true" suite that exceeded all expectations! The breakfast was first class as well!

Stayed April 2014
We are so pleased you decided to spend your Easter with us! Thank you so much for the visit and kind words about our Hotel! We hope this visit may become a tradition for you.
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This hotel is just 6 months old so it is literally a brand new, beautiful environment. The pool is large and lovely. Free breakfast offers amazing choices - both cooked fresh and a la carte. Rooms are attractive and desk staff outstanding .Newspapers and free wifi are also provided. What I found, however, is things are not quite organized yet. Yesterday, the room cleaner forgot to supply coffee, pens, shampoo, TP and conditioner. Things seem to fall through the cracks. Might just be growing pains. Otherwise, guests are sure to enjoy a good night's sleep here and have some fun in the beautiful Bellingham area, .

Room Tip: Ground floor is a quick hop to Breakfast, the Pool and Lounge areas.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your visit and for sharing your feedback! I'm so happy you had a great stay and thank you for adding the pictures as well!
Roslyn, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I was completely confused by this hotel... I have never stayed in a Marriot of this style. I travel for work, quite a bit, and saw there was a new Marriot in Bellingham so booked it without really checking out the website (the tripadvisor reviews looked good)... didn't think anything about it. When I got to the hotel it looked nice and new and I was looking forward to checking in. Walking into the lobby felt like walking into a bar rather than a nice hotel lobby, there was a lot of commotion and people just enjoying themselves at the bar. The staff was very nice at check in, but I truly was startled by the atmosphere, usually hotel lobbys are calm and welcoming. I proceeded to my room on the 3rd floor, everything seemed "tight" the halls felt narrow and the ceilings seemed low... my room was tidy and a good size. However, I was very confused by the layout of the suite. There is a seperate, very small closet for the toilet, while the tub and sink are in a completely seperate compartment... I found this very odd! Also the shower/tub was quite small... it was such a bizarre layout... I think if you are into modern style you'd probably enjoy this hotel quite a bit. I stayed just one night and am really not sure if I would return, which is disappointing b/c I love Marriot suites (I enjoy the extra space for longer stays) and have most of my points with them.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback on our hotel and for staying with us. I am sorry to read that the layout of the hotel and rooms weren't exactly what you prefer in a hotel. I am glad to hear that although you didn't prefer the layout, you found the accommodations clean and staff friendly! The idea behind the split bathrooms is really to accommodate all guests - especially when multiple people are staying in the room at one time.
Perhaps our next hotel (opening this Fall) may be a better fit for you. Our TownePlace Suites feature studio, 1 and 2 bedroom units, geared toward longer lengths of stay. Each Suite is appointed with a full kitchen as well. We hope when your plans bring you back to Bellingham we will have the opportunity to welcome you back!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is a new hotel with an excellent location, close to everything in Bellingham. The decor is fun, wellcoming and just perfect, service extremely friendly, large rooms comfortable and well appointed and it is an excellent value and option for business or short family trips.

Room Tip: Although this is not a luxury hotel, the rooms have a nice comfortable bed, a desk, seating area, mi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience. I'm delighted to hear your stay was so enjoyable and valuable for you and the family. We hope to see you soon!