“Glorious - best kept secret in Bell'town” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Vancouver, Washington
“Glorious - best kept secret in Bell'town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Spent Easter weekend 2014 at this incredibly beautiful property. From the friendly check-in to modern and welcoming lobby, our stay was nothing short of blissful. The room, out King Suite, was a "true" suite that exceeded all expectations! The breakfast was first class as well!

Stayed April 2014
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
We are so pleased you decided to spend your Easter with us! Thank you so much for the visit and kind words about our Hotel! We hope this visit may become a tradition for you.

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This hotel is just 6 months old so it is literally a brand new, beautiful environment. The pool is large and lovely. Free breakfast offers amazing choices - both cooked fresh and a la carte. Rooms are attractive and desk staff outstanding .Newspapers and free wifi are also provided. What I found, however, is things are not quite organized yet. Yesterday, the room cleaner forgot to supply coffee, pens, shampoo, TP and conditioner. Things seem to fall through the cracks. Might just be growing pains. Otherwise, guests are sure to enjoy a good night's sleep here and have some fun in the beautiful Bellingham area, .

Room Tip: Ground floor is a quick hop to Breakfast, the Pool and Lounge areas.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your visit and for sharing your feedback! I'm so happy you had a great stay and thank you for adding the pictures as well!
Roslyn, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I was completely confused by this hotel... I have never stayed in a Marriot of this style. I travel for work, quite a bit, and saw there was a new Marriot in Bellingham so booked it without really checking out the website (the tripadvisor reviews looked good)... didn't think anything about it. When I got to the hotel it looked nice and new and I was looking forward to checking in. Walking into the lobby felt like walking into a bar rather than a nice hotel lobby, there was a lot of commotion and people just enjoying themselves at the bar. The staff was very nice at check in, but I truly was startled by the atmosphere, usually hotel lobbys are calm and welcoming. I proceeded to my room on the 3rd floor, everything seemed "tight" the halls felt narrow and the ceilings seemed low... my room was tidy and a good size. However, I was very confused by the layout of the suite. There is a seperate, very small closet for the toilet, while the tub and sink are in a completely seperate compartment... I found this very odd! Also the shower/tub was quite small... it was such a bizarre layout... I think if you are into modern style you'd probably enjoy this hotel quite a bit. I stayed just one night and am really not sure if I would return, which is disappointing b/c I love Marriot suites (I enjoy the extra space for longer stays) and have most of my points with them.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback on our hotel and for staying with us. I am sorry to read that the layout of the hotel and rooms weren't exactly what you prefer in a hotel. I am glad to hear that although you didn't prefer the layout, you found the accommodations clean and staff friendly! The idea behind the split bathrooms is really to accommodate all guests - especially when multiple people are staying in the room at one time.
Perhaps our next hotel (opening this Fall) may be a better fit for you. Our TownePlace Suites feature studio, 1 and 2 bedroom units, geared toward longer lengths of stay. Each Suite is appointed with a full kitchen as well. We hope when your plans bring you back to Bellingham we will have the opportunity to welcome you back!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is a new hotel with an excellent location, close to everything in Bellingham. The decor is fun, wellcoming and just perfect, service extremely friendly, large rooms comfortable and well appointed and it is an excellent value and option for business or short family trips.

Room Tip: Although this is not a luxury hotel, the rooms have a nice comfortable bed, a desk, seating area, mi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience. I'm delighted to hear your stay was so enjoyable and valuable for you and the family. We hope to see you soon!
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

The staff at this Marriot was exseptional,my stay was longer then expected but was so enjoyable.
My morning was started with Jeremy the food and beverage supervisor " Good Morning beautiful " his smile, kind words made my day start with a smile he was sweet to this little old lady. Daniel and Austin, making sure I had everything I needed to enjoy my meals even taking the time to have a little chit chat.
I returned each night for a week, and Lauren and Mathew had my menu waiting so I could enjoy my meal while My staff and I had drinks watching the Mariners open season game.
I reccomend staying here and enjoy this Marriott family.
I also would love to mention this silent employee that was making sure this place stayed clean, forgive me I didn't get his name, but I noticed him and thank you.
Marriott this staff is the heart and soul of this location,I received exceptional customer service. I have to come out this way in two weeks and this will be my new home away from home.

• Stayed April 2014
It's such a delight to see how so many of our Team made such an impact on your stay. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I will be sure to thank each of the Team Members you mentioned. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Washougal, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Our family of four stayed here for 2 nights recently during a visit to WWU’s campus. We stayed in a 2 queen bed suite. The room was spacious and it was nice to have a toilet and sink in a completely separate room from the tub/shower and 2nd sink. We also liked having an in-room small refrigerator and microwave.
The hotel appeared to be full during our stay, and the breakfast area was very busy, but the staff did an excellent job of keeping everything topped off. (We’ve stayed in other similar hotels where we’ve had to wait long periods of time for something to be refilled.) Jeremy, in particular, kept an eye on things and was very helpful. There was a fairly good variety of breakfast foods offered– fresh fruit, yogurt, dry cereal, milk, oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs with salsa and cheese, bacon, waffles one morning, bagels, toast, muffins, juice, and coffee.
The fitness room equipment was of high quality and in good working order, and the pool and hot tub looked nice, though we didn’t have time to enjoy them. If you are shy about walking through a crowd to get to the pool or fitness room area, you can take a staircase at that end of the building and avoid walking through the lobby.
The location is handy to the freeway, several restaurants, and Belfair mall, but it’s not exactly picturesque. I would definitely recommend this hotel for families and business travelers.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Good Morning and thank you for sharing your experience with us - we are certainly delighted you had such a great stay. I'm so happy to read your feedback on our breakfast- and Jeremy - in particular. We are very lucky to have him on the team!
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The rooms are very spacious and clean. I liked the idea of having the toilet separate from the shower, but the the bathroom was located right by the bed. The sliding glass doors are a cool modern touch, but the see through glass on the bathroom doors doesn't offer much privacy. The hotel staff were very informative and friendly. The breakfast was okay- typical breakfast food.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Beth for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.